PDA

View Full Version : Got Wood!?!?

Joe Walsh
03-21-2009, 06:35 PM
OMG!!!

I absolutely LOVE the sound of nasty THUMPER cammed V8s!

All Ricer Retards should be required to watch this video, and then forced to write 100 times on a chalk board:

"OH! That's what a REAL car sounds like!"

Turn up the volume and enjoy!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/BIGGEST-CAM-EVER-DETROIT_641294.htm

Blk Mamba
03-21-2009, 06:42 PM
All I can say is WOW!

Shora
03-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Maybe they should be forced to write that only when going through a mid-life crisis?!?

I cannot imagine the attention that would bring and it adds at least 10 yrs. to your age on the old fart scale.

Don't get me wrong, they are pretty cool, but most people who buy Japanese cars (S2000, NSX, F-Series Lexus and don't get me started on the AMG/ M series) don't buy them just to trailer to car shows in hopes of impressing middle aged men.

Lidio is offering much more useable cams for the 3V which add a hit of old school to the new muscle cars.

Joe Walsh
03-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Maybe they should be forced to write that only when going through a mid-life crisis?!?

I cannot imagine the attention that would bring and it adds at least 10 yrs. to your age on the old fart scale.

Don't get me wrong, they are pretty cool, but most people who buy Japanese cars (S2000, NSX, F-Series Lexus and don't get me started on the AMG/ M series) don't buy them just to trailer to car shows in hopes of impressing middle aged men.

Lidio is offering much more useable cams for the 3V which add a hit of old school to the new muscle cars.

I was talking about Ricer Retards...you know...the dorks who put Huge fart cans on a 1.5L Honda and then go around annoying everyone within 4 blocks.
They usually have a chrome fire extinguisher on the 'A' pillar and a Monster tach on the dash that block almost all forward vision from the car...not people who buy Accords and Camrys.
They don't like cars...they like road appliances.

Sorry you didn't like the sound...this middle aged old fart appreciates 'Old School'.

Rocknthehawk
03-21-2009, 07:20 PM
I like the sound....

but...

those guys are just more expensive "ricers"

whats with the obnoxious overly tall scoops, the massive pipes, etc???

I'd be more of a fan seeing any of the cars actually driven. I appriciate the work and effort put in to all of them, but personally, I'd rather see it making some grocery runs!

offroadkarter
03-21-2009, 07:39 PM
I like the sound....

but...

those guys are just more expensive "ricers"

whats with the obnoxious overly tall scoops, the massive pipes, etc???

I'd be more of a fan seeing any of the cars actually driven. I appriciate the work and effort put in to all of them, but personally, I'd rather see it making some grocery runs!

i dont think an 8-71 poking thru the hood of a chevelle is rice, even if the intake is made of carbon fiber :lol:

SC Cheesehead
03-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Almost wet my pants, Joe.

SWEET!

Rocknthehawk
03-21-2009, 08:50 PM
i dont think an 8-71 poking thru the hood of a chevelle is rice, even if the intake is made of carbon fiber :lol:

I didn't see a chevelle...

and I'm not calling it Rice. I'm saying it's just as bad. These guys just have more money...look at some of the exhausts, the rediculous scoops, the stupidly lumpy idle. I'm all for power, performace, and looking good, but that WOOP WOOOOP WOOP WOOOP of just barely being able to move without shear terror, isn't far from the kid with a turbo at the light givving the WHEEEENNNNNNN-----PSHAW.

bigbillybbs
03-21-2009, 09:20 PM
I think i wet my pants :D:D:D

Shora
03-21-2009, 09:45 PM
I was talking about Ricer Retards...you know...the dorks who put Huge fart cans on a 1.5L Honda and then go around annoying everyone within 4 blocks.
They usually have a chrome fire extinguisher on the 'A' pillar and a Monster tach on the dash that block almost all forward vision from the car...not people who buy Accords and Camrys.
They don't like cars...they like road appliances.

Sorry you didn't like the sound...this middle aged old fart appreciates 'Old School'.

Well, it was nice to see so sorry for not saying "thanks for the link" before.

Also, I agree with you about the ricers. I cannot stand some of the stuff they do to cars. Sometimes, it makes me laugh so I just enjoy the show.

What I was trying to say is that these cars are only used to impress middle aged men at car shows and would never be taken for a weekend somewhere with a date. S2000, NSX, GT-R, AMG, M Series, and now F-Series actually "use" their cars for "driving" enjoyment.

Bluerauder
03-22-2009, 05:26 AM
I didn't see a chevelle....
It looked like a '69-'70 Chevy Impala to me. Might be as early as '67 but I'd have to see a little more of the rear of the car.

Kinda interesting that the ricers seems to love running the bass through their car speakers; but tend to prefer soprano exhaust. :rolleyes:

jflave
03-22-2009, 06:36 AM
:)Hey Shora, I love that sound & i'am not that old. :dunno: Oh wait, maybe i am.

Egon Spengler
03-22-2009, 07:07 AM
I love 'em lumpy!

Got_1
03-22-2009, 11:10 AM
that is music to my ears

n00bkiller944
03-22-2009, 12:11 PM
I love 'em lumpy!

YOu should probably get that looked at...

Vortex
03-23-2009, 07:42 AM
I love those 48-50 Caddy fastbacks. Used to be about 20 years ago you could get one a reasonable price, then ZZ Top had Cadzilla built and that was the end of that. One of the coolest looking cars ever built in my eyes. The one here looked great, thansk for posting.

TAKEDOWN
03-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Looks like HELL is missing a couple of DEMONS!

Blown3.8
03-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Sounds like blower surge to me.:P

Sounds good though.:D :beer:

Joe Walsh
03-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Yep...I think that first WHUMPIN' Chevy was compressor surge...not a long duration cam.
But I still really like it.
Makes the car sound like some kind of living, breathing beast.

Blown3.8
03-25-2009, 02:12 PM
my V6 sounded like a big block when one of the valves in cylinder 4 wasn't closing at idle. It was beast, it would sit there and rock you to sleep. Was at carlisle in traffic to get onto field and it was rockin away and a guy cam up to me and asked what I had in it. I said a 3.8 V6. Shoulda seen the look on his face :confused:after that, he didn't know what to say.:cool:

Joe Walsh
03-25-2009, 02:24 PM
my V6 sounded like a big block when one of the valves in cylinder 4 wasn't closing at idle. It was beast, it would sit there and rock you to sleep. Was at carlisle in traffic to get onto field and it was rockin away and a guy cam up to me and asked what I had in it. I said a 3.8 V6. Shoulda seen the look on his face :confused:after that, he didn't know what to say.:cool:

LOL!

3.8 WTF!?!

I've got to borrow my brother's video camera and tape our Cobra when it is idling.
It's got a 300+ degree solid lifter Crower Cam in the FE big block and it shakes the whole car back and forth.
When it gets hot in traffic the carbs load up and it really sounds nasty.