PDA

View Full Version : I quit smoking for...

Blk Mamba
03-22-2009, 01:26 PM
8 years, and just a month ago started again, (yeah, I know), the thing is, there is no light that shines on the cup holder, ash tray, also there is no light in the center console. I'm thinking of adding a light at the front of the console, and one inside. Anyone done this, suggestions?

Ms. Denmark
03-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Skip the light and stop smoking. Not going to preach, but put your best interests first. Nothing is more important and you are worth it.:)

DEFYANT
03-22-2009, 01:30 PM
8 years, and just a month ago started again, (yeah, I know), the thing is, there is no light that shines on the cup holder, ash tray, also there is no light in the center console. I'm thinking of adding a light at the front of the console, and one inside. Anyone done this, suggestions?

Ouit smoking. :bandit:

Blk Mamba
03-22-2009, 01:36 PM
I've done that before, I still want the light.

hot-rauder
03-22-2009, 01:38 PM
.............................. ..

Davesvt2000
03-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Buy one of those snuggie blankets, it comes with a free book lights, you could mount it on the console :flamer:

PantherP71
03-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Don't smoke in the MM?

Hotrauder
03-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Do as search, Marauder Concepts, shakes 26 developed a great kit with LEDs that light up the center console and front and rear door handles. May still be available. If you cannot find it or him here check at Motor City Marauders.com. He also developed the excellent Valay Lighting System. First class stuff by and Nuke electrical engineeer. Dennis:)...OH, AND QUIT AGAIN, I know, I know..I quit 500 times, sometimes for 20 minutes and sometimes for years. Finally quit for good 20 years ago...15 years to late.

offroadking208
03-22-2009, 02:05 PM
i also vote, quit smoking :-)

Blk Mamba
03-22-2009, 02:36 PM
I appreciate all the support, who would like to walk in my moccasins?

Egon Spengler
03-22-2009, 03:51 PM
I am not going to preach to you about smoking... I know quitting is easier said than done... just don't do it in your beloved Marauder!!!

rayjay
03-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Use the window.

Vortex
03-22-2009, 04:58 PM
You never get over not wanting a smoke, I know; you just over time realize it was the right decision for you and your family.

baltimoremm
03-22-2009, 05:10 PM
no preaching here, smoke if you want to. a friend of mine who used to have a marauder used LEDs, they lit everything up pretty well, and werent obtrusive and didnt get hot at all. pretty easy to wire if i remember, he used spliced the wires for the guage pod lights. next time i see him i'll ask if he remembers where he got them.

gate500gr
03-22-2009, 05:27 PM
hmmm... Is this some coy way of restarting that big blowup about smoking in Marauders again? :confused:

CROWNMARAUDER
03-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Use the window.

That's what I do.

justbob
03-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Me too.............

a_d_a_m
03-22-2009, 08:49 PM
I can't think of anyone more deserving of a few cigarettes to get 'em through the day than Tony.

No "quit smoking" lectures here, so long as you don't turn the tables and tell me to give up beer!!! :beer:

Jeremy
03-22-2009, 09:20 PM
I need to...

here's a heads up for you guys coming to KY.. they just raised our cigarette tax and a carton of camels costs me damn near $39 now...

:mad:

SID210SA
03-23-2009, 05:53 AM
I need to...

here's a heads up for you guys coming to KY.. they just raised our cigarette tax and a carton of camels costs me damn near $39 now...

Wow....I know its about 44 bucks for a Carton of Marlboro's at SAMS club...

I started smoking when I was 16....no wonder why I am so short...I smoked for 9 years, I quit cold turkey and it worked for 8 years...then last year I picked it up again.

I dont smoke in my home or in my car and never have....if its raining I head outside and look for cover or I wait....if its cold...I wait or I get all bundled up and go out...

I recently found what is called a E-Cigarette...or electronic cigarette and will be looking into this as an alternative to smoking....you can use it anywhere, anytime, and no one can tell you to stop, but I took one for a test drive and when you inhale, its like smoking a real cigarette with out the taste or the smoke smell...but it feels the same. The kit cost 150.00 bucks and comes with 5 filters and is rechargeable and comes with two cigarettes...so when you are charging one you can use the other. I think you can get filter refills, 5 for 10 bucks and they are supposedly equal to a carton of cigarettes.

I have not read up on it except for on Wiki...but here is a site related to it:

http://www.smokingeverywhere.com/

Paul T. Casey
03-23-2009, 06:49 AM
I need to...

About half price compared to Rhode Island.

Paul T. Casey
03-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Do as search, Marauder Concepts, shakes 26 developed a great kit with LEDs that light up the center console and front and rear door handles. May still be available. If you cannot find it or him here check at Motor City Marauders.com. He also developed the excellent Valay Lighting System. First class stuff by and Nuke electrical engineeer.

Another member here, Torinodan, had a setup with the LED light strips (like the ones in the window rockers). It may be found somewhere here.

Jeremy
03-23-2009, 07:08 AM
About half price compared to Rhode Island.

Ya, I know a lot of you guys pay more.. but that's a big jump compared to a couple weeks ago when I was gettin em for $28.50/carton

magindat
03-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Trash,
I can send you led's and mounting collars. Very easy to install. Straight 12 volts. I get the LED's and collars from 2 separate sources.
Let me know if you'd like help.
Rich