PDA

View Full Version : Three Cheers for Old Man Marauder (Cruzer)

martyo
09-30-2003, 03:06 PM
Back in April or May when talk of the big show in Texas started to heat up, I figured I wouldn't be going due to a whole heap of logistical problems. First, I had to get there, but I didn't want to go without my car.

Then, I got to "talking" to this cruzer guy who hangs out here on the site. He says he would be happy to store my Marauder in his large air conditioned garage if I wanted to have the car shipped down there. Strange offer from a guy I never met. So, this cruzer guy send me his telephone number and says to call him if I wanted to discuss the idea further. Again, I have never met this guy. So, I figure what have I got to lose?

I give cruzer a call. Now it turns out that his name is Maury and he is quite a nice guy to chat with. We talk cars, airplanes, work, religion, geography (he used to live in Long Island -- I am out there on business all the time). Well, the call is coming to an end and Maury practically insists on lending me his garage.

Now I am really thinking that this Texas thing may come together for me. After all, I have an offer that I dare not refuse!

Now I chat with the girlfriend and tell her that I have an offer from Maury. She wants to know who Maury is. She wants to know how I can trust my car to a guy I met on the internet. I said I spoke to him on the telephone. It only takes one conversation with Maury to know that you will like him and you can trust him.

So, the deal is done. My car will be meeting me in Texas and staying in air conditioned comfort courtesy of Maury!!

I make the travel arrangements for the car. Now Maury wants to know what time he can pick me up at the airport. I tell him I will take a car service. He says he will not hear of it and insists on picking me up at the airport.

When I arrive in Texas, and as soon as I get off of the airplane, I am met like I am family and get a huge hug from Old Man 0Marauder. How good can life get?

Well, it does get better. Maury has a photo album just for me of the off load process when my car got to Texas!!

I got my car back today. Needless to say, the return of my car to New York was equally flawless thanks to Maury! More photos, more reassuring telephone calls.

Maury, let me say it again: You are the greatest. I appreciate all of your help! You made it possible for me to attend one of the greatest events.

THANKS MAURY!

Slowpoke
09-30-2003, 03:29 PM
yeah, but you still don't have your car back yet, do you?? I heard that Maury was selling it for parts out of a van down by the river. I know because he offered me you shifter but it had so much chocolate residue from all those Snicker's bars you eat that cleaning it would be a nightmare. I asked him about the windshield but he said it was full of snot from you blowing your nose. I asked about the carpeting from the trunk but he said there was bloodstains all over it.

ps. where are my fender badges?

Slowpoke
09-30-2003, 03:30 PM
just kidding - i hear that Maury is one straight up dude and part of our senior MM heritage to keep us young whippersnappers on the straight and narrow -- we need more like him!

Dr Caleb
09-30-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Slowpoke
just kidding - i hear that Maury is one straight up dude and part of our senior MM heritage to keep us young whippersnappers on the straight and narrow -- we need more like him!

Sounds like a fellow to get to know...

gonzo50
09-30-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by martyo
Maury, let me say it again: You are the greatest. I appreciate all of your help! You made it possible for me to attend one of the greatest events.
THANKS MAURY!
A great ending to a great Event, don't get no better than that. :rock:

jspradii
09-30-2003, 04:51 PM
Maury. Cruzer. A great man. A great friend. A joy to spend time with, anytime, anywhere.

Mikeenh
09-30-2003, 05:39 PM
You won't find a more interesting or nicer man anywhere. Thanks for adding to our Marauderville experience Cruzer. :bows: :up:

TAF
09-30-2003, 05:49 PM
Maury,

You're one-of-a-kind, my friend. And those of us who were lucky enough to meet you in person at Marauderville...consider you just that...a friend.:up:

Bigdogjim
09-30-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Maury,

You're one-of-a-kind, my friend. And those of us who were lucky enough to meet you in person at Marauderville...consider you just that...a friend.:up:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by TAF
Maury,

What they said goes DOUBLE from the Big Dog!:) :D :cool:

LincMercLover
09-30-2003, 06:11 PM
All I could do is reiterate what's been said here. You are truely a pleasure to be with and one hell of a guy! Thanks for all you've done for me Maury! :up:

cruzer
09-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Gee folks, keep this up and you'll make an old man cry---honestly, I have belonged to at least 20 different aircraft, fraternal, retired pilot's groups and attended over 15 national "get togethers" and I can truthfully say, I have never been as impressed by a group of people as I was with all of you. You are the happiest, caring, unselfish and downright friendly group of all--I feel honored to be included among your friends------THANKS, Mauryy

jrzygrl
09-30-2003, 06:51 PM
The nicest guy I've never met....

2003 MIB
09-30-2003, 07:10 PM
Yep- Maury Rocks!! No question about it. I didn't know Marty's story but I can honestly say I wasn't surprised. Maury is a dude that makes you feel like you've known him for years- I can't explain it and would do a poor job trying. He's one of a kind.

Bigdogjim
09-30-2003, 07:15 PM
Maury for president!!!!

RCSignals
09-30-2003, 10:45 PM
Marty, that was a great post.

With all the bad stories about people on the Internet you hear the NEWS reports of, this story should go out to prove there really are good people in the world.

This is a great site, with great people. All brought together by a simple automobile that some say was a "flop" Some flop huh?

CRUZTAKER
10-01-2003, 12:25 AM
Maury rocks.....and made me realize how much I miss my father.

martyo
10-01-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
Maury rocks.....and made me realize how much I miss my father.

My point exactly Barry! I second that emotion.

I know my post above was getting long (that is probably befitting of Maury anyway), but I forgot to mention that he also bought about a billion cases of soda and water so those of us uninitiated to the area wouldn't dehydrate, turn to dust, and blow away in the wind.

P.S. to Maury: Showed off that photo album of the delivery of the Mongoose again last night!!

2003 MIB
10-01-2003, 04:39 AM
Wow RC!!!!- I never thought about it that way- you're right.:)

martyo
10-01-2003, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by RCSignals
With all the bad stories about people on the Internet you hear the NEWS reports of, this story should go out to prove there really are good people in the world.

With any luck, one of the magazines may hear about this..... :)

InkBlot
10-02-2003, 12:37 PM
Aaaugh...keep this up, he'll be impossible to live with. Mind you, it's a line some might argue has already been crossed. :up:

InkBlot, the son-in-law

MM03MOK
10-02-2003, 04:04 PM
Love your avatar, InkBlot!!! :up:

Bigdogjim
10-02-2003, 05:00 PM
Marty, that was a great post.

This is a great site, with great people. All brought together by a simple automobile that some say was a "flop" Some flop huh?

RC: I know MR.Steve Babcock was very happy/impressed with what we all did with his "Project car"

Try this with any other model!!:) :D :cool:

jgc61sr2002
10-02-2003, 07:49 PM
InkBlot - Welcome to the MM site. You will like it here. Looks like you already do.:D

cruzer
10-02-2003, 08:26 PM
Hi , Rich, see you finally found my secret hiding place---welcome---tell Cindy, Good nite--Pops

MM03MOK
10-02-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by InkBlot
InkBlot, the son-in-law Cruzer's cover's been blown!!! http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/k/peepwall.gif

Maury - truly a pleasure!!!

RCSignals
10-02-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Bigdogjim
RC: I know MR.Steve Babcock was very happy/impressed with what we all did with his "Project car"

Try this with any other model!!:) :D :cool:
Yes, what we've been doing is what the early write ups envisioned. Ford thought they'd eventually offer "special" versions and special upgrade parts.

Maybe Ennis will be incentive for them to really do a 2006, and market it "right" this time :)

TripleTransAm
10-03-2003, 07:00 PM
Maybe Ennis will be incentive for them to really do a 2006, and market it "right" this time :)

There may be future Marauders, but none with the beautiful look of this particular "generation". Styling appreciation IS subjective, but my personal opinion is that it was the beautiful lines of this automobile that attracted me at first, followed by all the mechanical stuff.

This is why I am saddened by the fact I won't be able to pick up a new one with the same look as this one, some years down the line. (well, provided Ford gets a grip on Quality Assurance, based on my latest escapades...)

RCSignals
10-03-2003, 10:09 PM
Steve, I'm beginning to think it's just you with all this bad luck. Should we nickname you "BlackCloud" ? ;)

You know I'm kidding :)

TripleTransAm
10-04-2003, 08:31 AM
Steve, I'm beginning to think it's just you with all this bad luck. Should we nickname you "BlackCloud" ? ;)

LOL!

Hey, I've had 2 'show stoppers' in 6 months of ownership. After each one, I keep telling myself "well, that should be it for a long while... nothing but smooth sailing from here on in..." and then WHAMMO! LOL!

What I find reassuring is that the stuff that's happened to me is nothing new... I just have the benefit of a real sharp technician that likes to dig deep to the real root of the problem. That kind of support is what's been keeping me in the Ford ranks... otherwise, it would have been "buh-bye" (in the tone of voice used by David Spade in the famous Saturday Night Live "Total Bastard Airlines" sketches).

Back to your regularly scheduled thread (about Cruzer being a nice guy, which really seems to be the case based on everything I've read... Cruzer, you sound like a great guy. :up: :rock: )