PDA

View Full Version : A remarkable food store

Mike Poore
03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
The kids took us to Jungle Jim's International Food Market on Sunday. http://www.junglejims.com/about/about_jungle_jims_directions_m aps.asp

It's an amazing 6acre complex under roof with the best variety of everything food, you can imagine. We were 7, with 15month old grandson Aiden, so only did about 1/4 of the complex. Ever see every bottle of hot sauce you can buy at one place? They had 'em arranged alphabetically plus a section that had descriptions on the labels not fit for the family hour. The olive selection was excellent and there were 4 guys making sushi at breakneck speed. Very good, too. The seafood dept was nicely stocked and the Tuna grade sashimi was as good as I've ever been able to buy. Great prices to boot. They had 4 to the pound shrimp, you know, the eyebrow burning off kind you can put on the barby.

You lucky guys in the Cincinnati area have a treasure in your midst. :up:

Bluerauder
03-23-2009, 04:51 PM
The kids took us to Jungle Jim's International Food Market on Sunday. http://www.junglejims.com/about/about_jungle_jims_directions_m aps.asp

It's an amazing 6acre complex under roof with the best variety of everything food, you can imagine.
Sounds somewhat like the Wegman's that opened here back in the fall. Probably not 6 acres but still pretty large (about 3+ acres). Excellent seafood selection, excellent meat selection with cuts to order, more varieties of cheese than I ever knew existed, and its own on site bakery for every variety you could imagine. I was rather impressed on my first visit. There's even a food court offering nearly anything you could ask for.

nomad
03-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Sounds somewhat like the Wegman's that opened here back in the fall. Probably not 6 acres but still pretty large (about 3+ acres). Excellent seafood selection, excellent meat selection with cuts to order, more varieties of cheese than I ever knew existed, and its own on site bakery for every variety you could imagine. I was rather impressed on my first visit. There's even a food court offering nearly anything you could ask for.

Wegman's is an excellent store.
Home office in Rochester NY. Voted by Forbes as one of the best places to work at for 10-12 years running.

Very good food quality and great assortment.:up:

Glad you finally got one down your way!

Ms. Denmark
03-23-2009, 05:36 PM
WEGMAN'S.....my home away from home! Mr. Man and I go shopping there together. Usually have lunch there too. :lovies2:

Mike Poore
03-24-2009, 09:27 AM
We have a WEGMANS at Mecanachsburg and at State College. We love those stores, and I was thinking about Wegmans while telling you guys about Jungle Jims; but it's different.....way different.

While Wegmans is up-scale, this place reminds you of a warehouse layout, something like Sam's, only different. As far as selection, variety, and prices, this place makes Wegmans look like a 7-11. My description of the hot sauces department, applies to everything. Can you believe a dozen Mgf of Orange Marmalade, and that's just the British ones. How about at least 6 varieties of ginger beer? I'm not talking ginger ale, this is the real stuff. The whole store is like that.

BTW, you guys going to KY VIA: Cincinatti, will not be that far from the place, and you might want to consider making a side trip. :)

Ken
03-24-2009, 05:01 PM
That's a possibility. Not too far from the IKEA, that we stopped at last year. Depend's on what time I get out of here.

BTW, I didn't see your name listed for Louisville? That's only a sidetrip from Jungle Jim's.

Ken

Mike Poore
03-25-2009, 05:15 AM
Sorry we can't make it, Ken. We visited the kids at Greenfield last weekend, to deliver the extra Navigator, and I have a must attend banquet Saturday afternoon. Had it been another day we would have made the Greenfield trip this weekend and combined it with the KY gathering.

Have a great time y'all, and I hope you win at least one of the LCR games. :D

Ms. Denmark
03-25-2009, 05:19 AM
Sorry we won't see you this time, Mike. :( But this way we can talk about you with impunity!:D LOL

Haggis
03-25-2009, 05:32 AM
Sorry we won't see you this time, Mike. :( But this way we can talk about you with impunity!:D LOL

I do anyway, the old :geezer:

:neener:

Mike Poore
03-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Careful what you miscreants say about me. Paula and Chris are gonna be there and will tell all.
:lovies:
(they like me best y'know)

MM2004
03-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Careful what you miscreants say about me. Paula and Chris are gonna be there and will tell all.
:lovies:
(they like me best y'know)

Yeah right.

They talk about you worse than we do!

:lol:

:D

Mike.

Haggis
03-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Yeah right.

They talk about you worse than we do!

:lol:

:D

Mike.

^^^:laugh:^^^

Joe Walsh
03-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Wegman's is an excellent store.Home office in Rochester NY. Voted by Forbes as one of the best places to work at for 10-12 years running.

Very good food quality and great assortment.:up:

Glad you finally got one down your way!

WEGMAN'S.....my home away from home! Mr. Man and I go shopping there together. Usually have lunch there too. :lovies2:

There is a WEGMANS just north of Baltimore in Hunt Valley and they are building another one in Columbia, Md.
Marianne and I love shopping at WEGMANS!
Everytime that we walk into WEGMANS I say:

"If you brought people from poorer countries over to see a WEGMANS store they would be convinced that it is a Hollywood stage set-up...NOT a real grocery store."

Dragcity
03-25-2009, 12:06 PM
WEGMANS ????

What's a Wegmans ?

I worked there for 18 years. Butcher Extrodinaire. Ran the Meat Dept. for 15 years at several stores. Opened 8 new stores from Rochester to PA.

Was a wild ride, lots and lots of customers. They do a great job of setting the pace for world class markets.

MM03MOK
03-25-2009, 03:10 PM
I was introduced to "Weggy's" when visiting friends in Downingtown, PA 2 years ago. We went every day!! Heaven!!!

http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HomepageView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10002&langId=-1