PDA

View Full Version : Cigar smokers?

CKMustangCobra
03-23-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm still a newbie to the cigarz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is in your stable?

TAKEDOWN
03-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Juan Clemente is what I puff!

TiTo35
03-23-2009, 05:13 PM
I think the last cigar I bought was an SJ9...Sonny Jerguson's Cigar...Retired Redskin player. The last one I smoked was cognac dipped Cuban someone brought back from their vacation.

musclemerc
03-23-2009, 05:39 PM
For an everyday smoke I like the Punch brand cigar but for the weekend when I got a bottle of Yak I like a Romeo Ye Juliete. And to smell good for the lady get some Cigar Aficianido Cologne :P

Blk Mamba
03-23-2009, 11:13 PM
There is a local cigar store that sells Honduran cigars, tobacco seeds from Cuba.

Jake Steel
03-24-2009, 05:28 AM
My favorite stogie is a padron 1964 annv.series about $9.00 at the local stogie store. Constantly rated a 95 or better in cigar afficianado magizine.....enjoy............ ...

Egon Spengler
03-24-2009, 05:44 AM
Nub is a great cigar... Others I like...

Rocky Patel - Vintage
Hoyo De Monterey - Excalibur
Romeo y Julieta - Vintage

I love cigars and have a couple a week probably... The day I decided to cut back on smoking cigars, my best friend (housemate) bought a humidor for the house! haha

tjl006
03-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Here are some good cigars to try:
Don Pepin Garcia Lines very good
EO 601 blended by DPG(I like the blue label)
Artuo Fuente Heminghway (nice sweet smoke)
Artuo fuente my Father (tasty strong cigar $$$)
CAO lines Italia, brazilia, america, gold(all good cigars different strenghts and taste depending on what you like)
Taboo twist( pretty good smoke only available on line)
Nub cigars(try the cameroon line)
ely rey del mundo(tasty and cheap)
hoyo de monterey(good cigars)
H Upman(some nice cigars aniverarey line good)

Good Places to buy cigars online:
Serious cigars
Cigar fox
cigar.com(expensive)
jr cigars
Dont buy from thompsons cigars!!!

If you are serious about cigars get your self a good lighter and cutter:
palio cigar cutter
blazer lighter model 207 IIRC

Cigars are a slippery slope just like car mods.:D

Drewstang
03-24-2009, 06:57 AM
I'm on the lower end of cigars myself. I like Oliveros, about $5 each locally. One of the guys at the firehouse was smoking a Java something one night that I will have to try out soon.

Egon Spengler
03-24-2009, 07:08 AM
Get a humidor as well! They taste that much better when they are well maintained! Nice advice tj... I am with you on that!

CAO lines Italia, brazilia, america, gold(all good cigars different strenghts and taste depending on what you like)

Serious cigars
Cigar fox
cigar.com(expensive)
jr cigars

palio cigar cutter

tjl006
03-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Yea I forgot about humidors. Alot of guys make a coolerdor(the cheap one like me:D). Get an airtight cooler, some old cigar boxes or trays, a hydrometer and some type of humidifaction device( I use 65 RH heartfelt beads). Clean inside of cooler real good to get rid of the plastic smell. Put in the ceder trays or cigar box if it fits, next your hydrometer and you humidifaction device(the beads are the easiest to deal with) . Let the coolerdor sit overnight or a day or two until the humidity stabilizes( between 65-75 rh, dont go to crazy about humidity this range is fine). And Thats it a humidor as big as you want for the price of the cooler plus about $50 for everything else.

MADDOG
03-24-2009, 07:45 AM
My favorite daily smokes are Padron 6000/maduro or a La Flor Double Ligero 500

TAKEDOWN
03-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Juan Clemente is what I puff!

along with a Johnnie Walker "Black" and if I got the extra $$$ we do "Blue"!

N40GL
03-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Avo Maestoso & Balvenie Portwood 21 Yr Old. Can't be beat.

Egon Spengler
03-24-2009, 08:42 AM
My friend bought the humidor for the house so I am of course going to mooch and throw my cigars in there!:P

Mike Poore
03-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Congratulations, guys, this is a terrific thread!

I know this sounds stupid; but I don't smoke, yet, love cigars. I enjoy talk about them and reading articles on the subject.

There's a very good article in this month's Sporting Classics, www.sportingclassics.net (http://www.sportingclassics.net)

I award :trophy1::trophy1: for this thread. :)

Egon Spengler
03-24-2009, 09:29 AM
I like this thread as well! I wish I had thought of it! Surprised I didn't!

Whats a guy gotta do to get 5 flags on this biatch!?!?!

ParkRanger
03-24-2009, 03:38 PM
My favorite daily stick is an Oliva, serie O maduro (torpedo). :P
They are just wonderful and the aroma will have bystanders asking, "Hey what is that, it smells good!"
Around $8-9 ea. and get it from a cigar lounge and stay to enjoy it there. A good lounge will have leather chairs, plasma TV's and an overall nice ambience.
To order a box (20) on line try Cigars International.com for about $100.
Be careful, you will get hooked on them pronto. :eek:

PR :burnout:

GetMeMyStogie
03-24-2009, 04:26 PM
I've got mostly Cubans, and a handful of Non-Cubans.

Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos EL 2007
Trinidad Ingenios EL 2007
Trinidad fundadores - this is one of my favourite
Punch Churchills
Partagas Series P - another favourite
Ramon Allones Gigantes - all out of these, but they're fantastic!
Partagas Lusitanias
Partagas 8-9-8's
Montecristo Edmundo - yummy
Some other small stuff, too

My NC's are pretty much limited to Padrons:
1964 Anni Principe
80'th Anni Maduro - straight from Nicaragua, by a mule I know :)

GetMeMyStogie
03-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Seeing as how you're in Florida, you have some of the finest NC's right in your 'hood [so I hear ;)] - check out CigarAficionado's feature on Miami cigar shops (http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Features/CA_Feature_Basic_Template/0,2344,2271,00.html)

fastblackmerc
03-25-2009, 07:21 AM
I smoke these in no particular order:

Gurkas - their entire line
Montecristo - White Labels
Iguana's
Rocky Patel's Connecticut Vintage 1999
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 & 1992
Partagas Black Label
Onyx Reserve
CAO
AVO

I do have some Cuban Macanudo's & Cohiba's in my stash.

BTW... I have 4 humidors - 1 300 count and 3 100 count.

fastblackmerc
03-25-2009, 07:23 AM

Serious cigars
Cigar fox
cigar.com(expensive)
jr cigars

palio cigar cutter

Why would you not buy from Thompsons? I stop there everytime I'm in Jacksonville.

CRZYBIKER
03-25-2009, 07:25 AM

Serious cigars
Cigar fox
cigar.com(expensive)
jr cigars

palio cigar cutter

Yes!!...all the Taboo smokes are great quality, they are my favorite. The company is 5 minutes away from me so I can get em fresh!

tjl006
03-25-2009, 07:43 AM
When odering from thompsons via computer or mail they will usually atempt to get you to sighn up for there cigar club. Somtimes even when refusing to join the club they will sighn you up any way for the club. Also they will somtimes call you at home frequently to try to sell you various things. And the last reason I wouldnt order from them is when they sent my cigars that i odered the cigars were sent with no humidification device in the box and were packaged poorly.

1stMerc
03-25-2009, 07:57 AM
I have never ordered anything from Thompson's, but constantly get they're emails.

tjl006
03-25-2009, 08:41 AM
I hear you. I have a spam folder full of Thompsons Cigars:D Only if my humidor was as full.

Another great cigar I had a few weeks ago Don pepin Garcia series JJ. A little pricey but very tasty:drool:

Egon Spengler
03-25-2009, 09:49 AM
I love these! Enjoyed one at the St Patrick's Day parade! I smoke these quite a bit... it seems anything "vintage" is a good puff... but these are very nice!

Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 & 1992

bigbillybbs
03-25-2009, 12:24 PM
along with a Johnnie Walker "Black" and if I got the extra $$$ we do "Blue"!

I'm with ya +1

Egon Spengler
03-25-2009, 12:40 PM
You make it sound so glorious! I may just have to try one next time I am at my local smoking lounge! My favorite place to go when going out with my friends is to Victory Bar & Cigar in Worcester... LOVE IT! Or grab one there and take it back to the house to smoke while working on the MM!

My favorite daily stick is an Oliva, serie O maduro (torpedo). :P
They are just wonderful and the aroma will have bystanders asking, "Hey what is that, it smells good!"
Around $8-9 ea. and get it from a cigar lounge and stay to enjoy it there. A good lounge will have leather chairs, plasma TV's and an overall nice ambience.
To order a box (20) on line try Cigars International.com for about $100.
Be careful, you will get hooked on them pronto. :eek:

CKMustangCobra
03-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. The more and more I dive into this I see how it is worse than wine.

Sucks.... so much to try. It'll cost millions of dollars for me to try everything. My buddie hooked me up with 2 badass smelling cigars last night... going to try them soon.

Keep it coming!

ParkRanger
03-25-2009, 04:25 PM
You make it sound so glorious! I may just have to try one next time I am at my local smoking lounge! My favorite place to go when going out with my friends is to Victory Bar & Cigar in Worcester... LOVE IT! Or grab one there and take it back to the house to smoke while working on the MM!

You got the idea! Develop your own style for holding them, blowing out a slow stream. :flamer:
That being said, I never inhale or smoke more than one per day, and brush after finishing one as soon as you can -- as good as they are it's still an unhealthy habit.

Egon Spengler
03-25-2009, 05:34 PM
I started smoking around 18 so I have eight years and I am still learning!
Buckle in for a looooooong ride

Thanks for the advice guys. The more and more I dive into this I see how it is worse than wine.

Sucks.... so much to try. It'll cost millions of dollars for me to try everything. My buddie hooked me up with 2 badass smelling cigars last night... going to try them soon.

Keep it coming!

tjl006
05-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Smoked a nub Habano and a EO 601 habano over the past couple of weeks. Enjoyed both very much.

BAD MERC
05-15-2009, 09:00 AM
I buy an Onyx Reserve now and then. I have no humidor so they get used immediately.

Egon Spengler
05-15-2009, 09:37 AM
NUBS are great!!! Love 'em!!

Guys... Romeo Y Julietta DECADE... try it!!!

Smoked a nub Habano and a EO 601 habano over the past couple of weeks. Enjoyed both very much.

Joe Walsh
05-15-2009, 09:39 AM
You guys smoke some low-rent cigars!

If you are going to drink and enjoy cigars...shoot for the stars!.....:P

SMOKE
05-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Arturo Fuente Curly Head Deluxe Maduro

...and I gotta say the coolest shop I've ever been in is nowhere near home...

Corona Cigar Co
7792 W Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL

...the whole damn shop was one big, walking/talking humidor!

Best,
Jonathan

fastblackmerc
05-15-2009, 10:08 AM

Corona Cigar Co
7792 W Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL

Best,
Jonathan

Those are great cigar shops. My goal is to open one in North Carolina when I retire.

Egon Spengler
05-15-2009, 10:09 AM
A new place opened up in Worcester right behind the DCU Center (Centrum). It is called Michael's and the place is great... I have been there every weekend to enjoy a nice cigar. Nice selection also!

Corona Cigar Co
7792 W Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL

Best,
Jonathan

justbob
05-15-2009, 10:16 AM
I guess that i'm a man of little taste LOL. I like to enjoy a good old regular swisher sweet on the hour and a half ride to the track. Call it "my time" if you will. Just the peace of the open road, by myself, enjoying something other than cigarettes, on my way to break whatever record I had previously.

Egon Spengler
05-15-2009, 10:18 AM
I do the swishers every once in a while when I am out in front of the house to keep my street cred up in the neighborhood

I guess that i'm a man of little taste LOL. I like to enjoy a good old regular swisher sweet on the hour and a half ride to the track. Call it "my time" if you will. Just the peace of the open road, by myself, enjoying something other than cigarettes, on my way to break whatever record I had previously.

xopher
05-15-2009, 10:29 AM
I do the swishers every once in a while when I am out in front of the house to keep my street cred up in the neighborhood
Word I gots to represent :D

Egon Spengler
05-15-2009, 10:38 AM
You know how we roll... its tough in the streetz son!:beer:

Word I gots to represent :D

CKMustangCobra
05-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Corona Cigar is like 7 mins from my house!

Phrog_gunner
05-16-2009, 12:51 PM
If its not made in Cuba, I dont smoke it. Luckily customs doesnt do a thorough search of every little compartment of military helicopters being shipped back from overseas...

Black Dynamite
05-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Cigars are good but I am a pipe tobacco smoker myself.

but never in the car!

bigbillybbs
05-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Menza Menz medium GORDO :D

CKMustangCobra
05-18-2009, 07:25 AM
I wouldn't mind trying a pipe one of these days. I walked by this guy smoking a pipe and GOD did it smell amazing.

Egon Spengler
05-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Correction to my statement below... the cigars I wanted to say to try are in fact DECADEs, but made by ROCKY PATEL, not Romeo y Julietta

NUBS are great!!! Love 'em!!

Guys... Romeo Y Julietta DECADE... try it!!!

justbob
05-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Boy everytime I read this I feel as though I should be in a red velvet robe, lounging in a dim lit den, or library, in a leather reclyner enjoying a smoke and a playboy. Did that come out wrong?

tjl006
05-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Playboy bunnys enjoy my cigar;). Smoked a EO Cubao on saturday night. Very nice smoke, wish it were a little spicer.

Egon Spengler
05-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Playboy bunnys enjoy my cigar;). Smoked a EO Cubao on saturday night. Very nice smoke, wish it were a little spicer.

Try a DECADE by ROCKY PATEL! Nice spice to it

Egon Spengler
07-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Had a Rocky Patel Vintage and Rocky Patel Renaissance... Puts all other cigars to shame! Great smokes!

tjl006
07-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Just had a Don pepin cuban classic robusto, very good, has a real nice spice. The other day I had an oliva V lancero, pretty good dont know if I really like the lancero size. Have a Rocky Patel decade in the coolidor thanks to you tj, cant wait to try it. Almost forgot had a EO 601 green label, very nice smoke too.

Egon Spengler
07-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Love the decade! Really haven't gone wrong yet with any of the Rocky's... Rocky Patels have all been great smokes!

Just had a Don pepin cuban classic robusto, very good, has a real nice spice. The other day I had an oliva V lancero, pretty good dont know if I really like the lancero size. Have a Rocky Patel decade in the coolidor thanks to you tj, cant wait to try it. Almost forgot had a EO 601 green label, very nice smoke too.

n00bkiller944
07-22-2009, 08:06 PM
I got a present of 5 Don Pipen JJ's i think they are called, so im pumped to try them out... Ill report back!

tjl006
07-23-2009, 06:40 AM
Don pepin jj = :D

Egon Spengler
07-26-2009, 03:12 PM
This is the life right here... Coors Banquet and a Rocky Patel Spring 2009 edition... it was a good smoke! The guy at the bar gave me the Rocky Patel Renaissance and spring edition because I bought the last of them!

Nice sitting in the garage watching a thunderstorm roll through smoking a good cigar and drinking a great beer!
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs200.snc1/6770_128734997925_562932925_31 48212_3423523_n.jpg

tjl006
09-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Smoked a nice Carlos Torano the other night. Never been disapointed by anything from the company.

fastblackmerc
10-01-2009, 03:23 AM

You smoke in your Marauder???? :shake:

fastblackmerc
10-01-2009, 03:29 AM
If its not made in Cuba, I dont smoke it. Luckily customs doesnt do a thorough search of every little compartment of military helicopters being shipped back from overseas...

Cuban cigars are over rated. IMHO, you really doing yourself a disservice by not trying some of the non-Cubans.

I've had some Cubans that were nasty.

Just like anything, there are some good and bad ones.

I used to travel to Central America and I'd always bring at least 50 Cuban's back. Even declared them, no problems getting through customs.

dakslim
10-01-2009, 06:26 AM
This is the life right here... Coors Banquet and a Rocky Patel Spring 2009 edition... it was a good smoke! The guy at the bar gave me the Rocky Patel Renaissance and spring edition because I bought the last of them!

Nice sitting in the garage watching a thunderstorm roll through smoking a good cigar and drinking a great beer!
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs200.snc1/6770_128734997925_562932925_31 48212_3423523_n.jpg

I sit on my front porch and do the same. Try Argyles as they are inexpensive and I think have a good flavor. I also like Montessinos and Hemingways. Usually I only smoke Churchhill sizes.:beer:

dakslim
10-01-2009, 06:28 AM
Those are great cigar shops. My goal is to open one in North Carolina when I retire.

I know where I'm gonna be hangin' out!:lol:

tjl006
10-01-2009, 07:14 AM
hemingways I enjoy these very much, I like the short story size.

cougar9150
10-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Cubans are overrated now. Most of the good Cigars manufacturers fled after the embargo and majority of the best stogies are made in the Dominican Republic and central America now. I still pick up a Cuban or 2 when I travel just because they are Cubans, but mainly stick w/the Cohiba's.

My 2 favorite cigars are the Drew Estate Nefastio and Vegas Series A. I like nice and dark full bodied Maduros.

Rocky Patel makes some great ones with the Sun Grow, the Edge, and Vintage series. His barber pole cigars that mix several different types of wrapper are great but a very unique smoke because of the mix of different flavors.

Gurkas are great smokes across the entire line but pricey, Drew Estate has some great blends (the Kuba Kuba is a great smoke with a medium bodied beer. Nice and spicy) but isn't your normal types of smokes, and Victor Sinclair turns out some nice smoke. I have his 10th Anniversirio in my humidor, good smoke for the golf course or if other people are bothered by the smell.

CI is the best place for buying them online, I don't buy from Thompson because I have to pay state tax since they are here in Florida but I do visit their Tampa show room occasionally. I try to keep at least 20 in the Humidor at all time as it is harder to control humidity when there are less in there.

fastblackmerc
10-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Just rearranged my humidors, refilled the humidifiers, etc.

All Gurkas in one 100 count humidor, $9.00 $ up sticks in the large 300 count humidor and less than $9.00 smokes in the last 100 count humidor. Didn't count them but there is at least 300.

Got a bunch of Montecristo White Label churchills at J&R........ special sale... $15.00 for 5 :D

I'll be bringing some puros to Wilmington on the 17th.

CRZYBIKER
10-01-2009, 12:06 PM
I just started growing my own plants, have collected about 3 pounds of leaves so far. I got 80 seeds on the internet for about $4.00. I plan on aging it and rolling my own, curious to see if I can make a good smoke. I let one plant mature and pollinate, each plant produces about a million seeds so if anyone wants some let me know with proof of age of course, no charge. If you do your research it is legal to grow up to 120 plants for personal use, but be ready to be the subject of neighbors joking at your expense....lol....everybody calls me the tobacco farmer now. It is kind of fun and rewarding, considering the number of seeds my plant produced I have less than a penny a plant invested. Who knows, maybe a business opportunity is in the future!

And yes, it is genuine tobacco, not a more 'special' of a plant, lets get that out of the way:) .

BODYMAN
10-01-2009, 12:21 PM
No cigars just other stuff???????

Stranger in the Black Sedan
10-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Ha ha, yeah you know it's good if it has the whistle tip on it. What the hell were those things I smoked in college, Garcia y Vegas? LOL

You guys smoke some low-rent cigars!

If you are going to drink and enjoy cigars...shoot for the stars!.....:P
Attached Thumbnailshttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15 762&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1242405520 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15 762&d=1242405520) http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15 763&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1242405526 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15 763&d=1242405526)

TAKEDOWN
10-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Juan Clemente are my favorite and come in a variety of sizes! Made out of 4 different tobacco leaves, it's light, smooth, but yet spicy, and real easy to smoke! :beatnik:

Go2GuyFL
10-01-2009, 08:26 PM
When in doubt, I always go for the Partagas Maduro ... enjoyed everyone of them. I've practically stopped experimenting as you never know when their "latest" arrived and if they've been stored properly. During Bike Week in Daytona, the Carolina Cigar Company sets up booths and has a roller making "fresh" cigars. Gotten a long twig in all the ones I've tested.

I second the vote on the Padron 1964 ... very smooth. For an inexpensive cigar, Arturo Fuente has several offbrands. La Unica 200 is the perfect size for a ball game. When my wife played softball, I used to buy a 20 bundle for $30. Twice a week habit ... game and practice. Now they are more like $80 a bundle.

I still have a few La Corona small, green cigars in glass tubes from when my uncle served the Department of Defense as a chemical engineer. He was sent all over inspecting the quality of jet fuel back in the 50's and 60's. He kept boxes of cigars in the attic of his retirement trailer home in New Port Richey instead of real humidor. I don't know what's in these things but after a 45 min smoke your buzzed for a few hours. The general manager of the Columbia Restaurant in Tampa has a ring styled in the form of the ring band she found at a pawn shop. http://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/html/images/10541.jpg

Anybody going to SSHS9? We'll have to create a cigar smokers' section!!

tjl006
10-01-2009, 08:49 PM
padron 1964 is a good smoke. Dont think it worth the price, but its not bad. I have a 64 maduro in the humi I will see how that is.

tjl006
05-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Figured this thread desrved to be brought back. Had a rocky patel decade the other night, started off good then the last third the smoke got really bitter and I had to put it out. Must have been a stem. Also tried one of the new cain cigars. It was good but a little to strong with the nicotine for my taste.

Egon Spengler
05-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Figured this thread desrved to be brought back. Had a rocky patel decade the other night, started off good then the last third the smoke got really bitter and I had to put it out. Must have been a stem. Also tried one of the new cain cigars. It was good but a little to strong with the nicotine for my taste.
Had a J. Fuego "Delirium" with the owner of the company Jesus Fuego at my local cigar shop the other night. Great guy and an incredible cigar! I highly recommend looking up J. Fuego cigars and trying them out! You won't be disappointed. Also, look for XiKar "Havana Collection". J. Fuego makes their line as well!

Dark_Knight7096
05-06-2010, 06:51 PM
I just got into it a few months ago, I happen to like Perdomo Habano Connecticuts and Lot 23 Naturals. Also a fan of Devil's Weed (got a great deal on it and glad I picked up a box), and Man O' War Ruinations, OMG lol.

Dark_Knight7096
05-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I just started growing my own plants, have collected about 3 pounds of leaves so far. I got 80 seeds on the internet for about $4.00. I plan on aging it and rolling my own, curious to see if I can make a good smoke. I let one plant mature and pollinate, each plant produces about a million seeds so if anyone wants some let me know with proof of age of course, no charge. If you do your research it is legal to grow up to 120 plants for personal use, but be ready to be the subject of neighbors joking at your expense....lol....everybody calls me the tobacco farmer now. It is kind of fun and rewarding, considering the number of seeds my plant produced I have less than a penny a plant invested. Who knows, maybe a business opportunity is in the future!

And yes, it is genuine tobacco, not a more 'special' of a plant, lets get that out of the way:) .

Any special needs the plants have? How difficult are they to grow?

Egon Spengler
05-06-2010, 07:12 PM
I actually have recently bought a pipe as well... still find myself going back to the cigars though! haha

n00bkiller944
05-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Alright guys, I am heading out this weekend to buy a few more cigars to smoke, what are some good fairly cheap cigars you all recommend? I am talking anywhere from 5-12 dollars a pop. Any idea's for the casual smoker who is trying to get more into smoking cigars?

P.S. I had some Don Pipen JJ's awhile back and really enjoyed them! :)

fastblackmerc
05-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Try some of the Gurkha cigars.

http://www.gurkhacigars.com/index.cfm

tjl006
05-06-2010, 08:52 PM
5-12 dollars is the sweet spot man. The dpg series JJ is great and if you like them I would stay with the pepin smokes, blue label, black label(cuban classic). Also the eo brand of cigars the 601 series are all by Don pepin there all pretty good I like the blue label the best. The nub line of cigars is pretty good, some people think they are a gimick but I like the taste, try the cameroon. CAO brazillia is a good smoke.

n00bkiller944
05-06-2010, 10:51 PM
So the blue label pepins... sounds good ill give those a shot and maybe the nubs. Thanks! Any other ideas?

Egon Spengler
05-07-2010, 05:26 AM
Try and see if you have any J. Fuegos in your area. You will NOT be disappointed!

Rocky Patel Renaissance is a good smoke as well.

Dark_Knight7096
05-07-2010, 05:50 AM
I have smoked the NUBs, they aren't bad, nothing crazy but not bad. I'll second the Gurkhas, I have a bunch of them, they are consistantly good but I have been having trouble getting a good consistant burn out of them, but that could be my humi. CAO Black and Black 'VR' are pretty good. I'll second Cigars International as a good place to buy, that's pretty much the only place I buy my stuff from. They have a series called the CI Legends Series. It's a collection of cigars made by a bunch of different companies with the stipulation, "make the best tasting, most complex stick you can, under $5" Drew Estates has one, Perdomo has one, Rocky Patel has one, I can't remember all the others right now. So far all the ones I have tried are very good. Olivia Series "V" are pretty good.

Egon Spengler
05-07-2010, 05:55 AM
I have smoked the NUBs
I used to really enjoy the NUBs, but after smoking some new cigars, I had a NUB last night and I didn't enjoy it at all. I guess my taste buds are maturing. I used to not be able to handle the bold "manly" cigars, but now that I have smoked some, I love them and am not fan of the lighter cigars.

dakslim
05-07-2010, 06:01 AM
I used to really enjoy the NUBs, but after smoking some new cigars, I had a NUB last night and I didn't enjoy it at all. I guess my taste buds are maturing. I used to not be able to handle the bold "manly" cigars, but now that I have smoked some, I love them and am not fan of the lighter cigars.

I thought cigars were bad for rodents? For a decent cheap cigar I smoke Argyles.:beatnik:

Egon Spengler
05-07-2010, 06:08 AM
I thought cigars were bad for rodents? For a decent cheap cigar I smoke Argyles.:beatnik:
Come on man, I must be up a couple notches in your book for having a decent knowledge of cigars!

At least I don't smoke CBT's pole like you do!

OK... We have been good about keeping this thread on track, so lets not de-rail this bad boy! This is a good thread!

dakslim
05-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Come on man, I must be up a couple notches in your book for having a decent knowledge of cigars!

At least I don't smoke CBT's pole like you do!

OK... We have been good about keeping this thread on track, so lets not de-rail this bad boy! This is a good thread!

Yeah we'll have to smoke one when I come up this July and that's ToadGunner that smokes CBT's pole!

Egon Spengler
05-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Went on a memorial motorcycle ride for Pfc Brian Moquin who was killed in action 5/5/06 this past weekend and there was a gentleman there smoking a cigar and I was mad because I forgot to hit up to humidor before I left so my dad goes up to the guy and asks him if he has any cigars that I could buy and he comes over with a hand rolled cigar and let me have it for free. It was a pretty decent cigar! Had a light vanilla flavor to it, but it wasn't overpowering. That was very nice of him and I will remember to bring a cigar to the next charity ride I go on!!

CBT
05-19-2010, 06:43 AM
Is no thread safe from you and tj?

Yeah we'll have to smoke one when I come up this July and that's ToadGunner that smokes CBT's pole!

Egon Spengler
05-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Is no thread safe from you and tj?
We are still keeping it on topic though! Eventhough the jabs are there... each post contributes to the subject.

dakslim
05-19-2010, 06:51 AM
We are still keeping it on topic though! Eventhough the jabs are there... each post contributes to the subject.

That's right...I have a BIG cigar for TJ.;)

Egon Spengler
05-19-2010, 07:03 AM
That's right...I have a BIG cigar for TJ.;)
I only wrap my lips around hondurans...

fastblackmerc
05-19-2010, 07:04 AM
Went on a memorial motorcycle ride for Pfc Brian Moquin who was killed in action 5/5/06 this past weekend and there was a gentleman there smoking a cigar and I was mad because I forgot to hit up to humidor before I left so my dad goes up to the guy and asks him if he has any cigars that I could buy and he comes over with a hand rolled cigar and let me have it for free. It was a pretty decent cigar! Had a light vanilla flavor to it, but it wasn't overpowering. That was very nice of him and I will remember to bring a cigar to the next charity ride I go on!!

Some of the best cigars I've had were hand rolled in the lobby of the the Intercontinental Hotel in Tegucigalpa, Honduras while I watched. Cheap to..... less than $3.00 a stick! Bought 2 dozen home with me.

Egon Spengler
05-19-2010, 07:05 AM
Some of the best cigars I've had were hand rolled in the lobby of the the Intercontinental Hotel in Tegucigalpa, Honduras while I watched. Cheap to..... less than $3.00 a stick! Bought 2 dozen home with me.
Very nice sir!

Very good cigars come from Honduras...

Funny you posted this right after I posted "I only wrap my lips around hondurans" above your post! haha

dakslim
05-20-2010, 08:02 AM
I only wrap my lips around hondurans...

Bueno, Senor!;)

Egon Spengler
05-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Bueno, Senor!;)
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/2gwb921.gif

fastblackmerc
05-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Very nice sir!

Very good cigars come from Honduras...

Funny you posted this right after I posted "I only wrap my lips around hondurans" above your post! haha

Your missing out on some fine Dominican puros.

"The largest producer of cigars in the world, the Dominican Republic is known to enthusiasts around the globe as "Cigar Country." While Cubans are often more recognizable, Dominican varieties are of a far superior quality overall. With products that cover a wide variety of aromas, colors and price tags, visitors won't be able to resist sampling and returning home with a local stogie.

Providing the ideal growing environment, the majority of cigars are produced in the central island's Santiago and Cibao Valley regions. In fact, the country boasts more than 600,000 acres of tobacco plants. It is because of Dominicans' careful cultivation and management of tobacco crops that the country is able to produce cigars that are truly distinctive and of impeccable quality."

rauder775
05-24-2010, 10:12 AM
If you like dark leaf wraps, I always get Onyx cigars when I can.