PDA

View Full Version : Workshop Manual - Service Info - WRONG???

MinnesotaMuscle
03-31-2009, 08:32 AM
First if all a huge thanks to captain for sending me this 2002-2003 service Info Workshop manual CD.

I'm trying to diagnose an electrical issue by using there symptom chart, but when I get to this point to test the power input coming from the ignition switch to the fuse #26, they show it as a 5Amp, but its a 10Amp in the car and in my manual.

Something else that has me stumped, they wanted me to check the continuity between a red/lightblue wire from the back of the ignition switch to fuse #26, and it fails. But then I realize that the red/lightblue wire doesn't go to fuse #26 but rather fuse #9 and THAT ONE is a 5Amp like they called #26!

SO, do they really mean fuse #26 but have the Amps mixed up? If so, why doesn't the wire go from the ignition switch to fuse #9 instead of #26 like they wan tme to test??

SOMEONE HAS HAD TO PLAYED WITH THIS BEFORE!!! HELP!!!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/gunman_7/workshop.jpg

MinnesotaMuscle
03-31-2009, 09:10 AM
Well if anyone is wondering I found out that the CD was wrong, its not suppose to be fuse #26 but rather fuse #9, like I stated above I really started questioning it when they wanted me to test the continuity of a Red/lightblue wire coming from the ignition switch to fuse #26, but it didn't go to fuse #26, rather to fuse #9. Fuse #26 is for nothing more than the low beam headlamps, and I couldn't figure out what that had to do with this whole mess. THEN I looked what fuse #9 was for.... the Transmittion Range Sensor, the very next thing that it wants me to start looking into.... Hmmmm

Now to find where this damn Range Sensor is at.....