PDA

View Full Version : Tried to make a deal on a 2009 Pontiac G8

FreddieH
04-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Friday I went to my local Pontiac dealer inquiring on a new G8 Gt or the G8 GXP. I thinking I could get a good deal and help GM get back rolling again. Well I was insulted by the fact that the dealer refused to come off of the sticker price on the G8 Gt and added $2200.00 the MSRP on the G8 GXP. The only thing they could offer me was 0% for 60 months on the GT only. They are acting like they are selling these cars like they are in high demand. We all know that they are begging for sales and will probably be going bankrupt very soon. I like the car but I am not going to be a fool for them. I am going to play the waiting game like everyone else.

O's Fan Rich
04-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Lidio just picked one up for a real good deal.... he posted up about it on MCM.....
maybe you're at the wrong dealer?

Bradley G
04-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Maybe you are destined to get another Ford,... Sho it's a little more:P

Bluerauder
04-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Friday I went to my local Pontiac dealer inquiring on a new G8 Gt or the G8 GXP. I thinking I could get a good deal and help GM get back rolling again. Well I was insulted by the fact that the dealer refused to come off of the sticker price on the G8 Gt and added $2200.00 the MSRP on the G8 GXP. The only thing they could offer me was 0% for 60 months on the GT only. They are acting like they are selling these cars like they are in high demand. We all know that they are begging for sales and will probably be going bankrupt very soon. I like the car but I am not going to be a fool for them. I am going to play the waiting game like everyone else.
Yep, some dealers just make it too hard to buy a car from them. Shop around.

BAD MERC
04-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I am not a big fan of Austrailian cars. I had one apart last year - looks kinda rickety under all the pretty stuff.

Eric91Z
04-01-2009, 11:55 AM
I really like the G8, but would have reservations about buying one based on GM's future (yes, I know, they will probably be around for a long time), but I thought I head that the Pontiac division is now on the chopping block with Saturn and Hummer... No thanks.

Given all the variables out there, I think if I was buying a new car it would be from the Ford family.

Either way, good luck on your hunt to get a good deal on a G8. They are a nice car with a great drivetrain. Those LSx motors are awesome.

TAKEDOWN
04-01-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm sure you'll be getting a phone call to come back!

DOOM
04-01-2009, 01:56 PM
I saw a commercial while in kentucky with G8's being sold for $19.999. What was their asking price???

Bluerauder
04-01-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm sure you'll be getting a phone call to come back!
Yep, retaining the power to walk out at any time is amazing. :D

bobsawyer7
04-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Don't know details but, heard Ford has instituted a new program where they will make your car payments up to $700/month if you lose your job. Pretty good incentive to buy from a company not on the dole. Way to go Ford.

TiTo35
04-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Did he not get the memo that the government wasnt helping them out anymore?

BirchMarauder
04-01-2009, 04:12 PM
what a bunch of "Richards" over there at that GM dealership. also, those plans where ford & gm are going to make your payment for you if you lose your job are a gimmick. it'll probably only go in effect if you lose your job in a particular fashion and they've incorporated the cost of such a plan on the backside of the loan. Funny huh.

FreddieH
04-01-2009, 06:25 PM
I saw a commercial while in kentucky with G8's being sold for $19.999. What was their asking price???
$34,000 and some change

Taemian
04-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Don't know details but, heard Ford has instituted a new program where they will make your car payments up to $700/month if you lose your job. Pretty good incentive to buy from a company not on the dole. Way to go Ford.

Just doing what Hyundai already did last year, nothing but keeping up with the competition.

Vortex
04-02-2009, 09:45 AM
You should be able to pick up a basic G8 GT (no sunroof) for around 27k + TTL. There is also a $1500 rebate right now on them so if the salesman didnt tell you that he was just an idiot. I recommend you shop around, also do that thing on edmunds.com where you say what you are looking for and let dealers email you with their best price. I had been thinking of pricing a G8 GXP myself but decided Im going to wait another year before trading the Montego.

sweetair
04-02-2009, 09:52 AM
I bought one in Nov. Premium and sport package w/moonroof for 31100 out the door. You should be able to do better than that right now. Good luck, it is a fantastic car.

FreddieH
04-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Thanks everyone for your replys.