PDA

View Full Version : Only in Florida.....

ckadiddle
04-03-2009, 06:38 AM
911! I'm Locked In My Car...Oh, Pull Lock? Thanks

Woman Locked In Car Calls 911

KISSIMMEE, Fla. -- A woman locked in her car in Kissimmee called 911 on Tuesday.

"It's getting very hot in here, and I'm not feeling well," the caller told the dispatcher.

The woman said nothing electrical was working, so her locks wouldn't open.

The dispatcher calmly told her to pull the lock up with her hand.

"Um, I'm sorry," said the woman, who was not identified, after the lock opened.

And, no, officials say, this was not an early April Fool's Day joke.

Listen the woman's call to 911. (http://www.wesh.com/video/19064669/index.html)

Link to news story:
http://www.wesh.com/news/19063789/detail.html

Jimimac43
04-03-2009, 07:14 AM
As usual, some people think anyone from Fl is a goober. I'll bet she is from another state. Just like the election screw-up was in S. Fl. almost everyone in that community is from states like New York, New Jersey and other sophisticated places... so put the blame where it belongs, not where she is from but her dumbxxx !

Egon Spengler
04-03-2009, 07:50 AM
I am in Massachusetts and they are playing that on the radio stations up here... Funny and just plain dumb! There is always a mechanical way to get out of a car if the electronics dont work!

ckadiddle
04-03-2009, 10:19 AM
As usual, some people think anyone from Fl is a goober. I'll bet she is from another state. Just like the election screw-up was in S. Fl. almost everyone in that community is from states like New York, New Jersey and other sophisticated places... so put the blame where it belongs, not where she is from but her dumbxxx !

I thought it was an amusing story. Makes me not feel so stupid when I try to exit the car with my seatbelt still latched.

CBT
04-03-2009, 10:48 AM
This would be a happy story if it ended with these instructions from the dispatcher: "Place your right hand around your throat. Now place your left hand over that one. Squeeze."

Jimimac43
04-03-2009, 10:52 AM
I worked for Tampa Fire Rescue for 28 years, you don't know the half of it!!!!! Makes you scratch your head and say "what the hell?" and they gave her a D/L!!!!!

TiTo35
04-03-2009, 11:33 AM
I would have sent a squad car out and had the officer bust all her windows and then lift the lock to set her free. :woohoo: Glad I am not in that line of duty...

Hacklemerc
04-03-2009, 12:14 PM
It makes me really wonder aout the future of the planet.... :(

Also reminds me of the movie IDIOCRACY... Funny movie, thats the way we're headed tho...

ckadiddle
04-03-2009, 01:53 PM
It makes me really wonder aout the future of the planet.... :(

Also reminds me of the movie IDIOCRACY... Funny movie, thats the way we're headed tho...
That's one of my favorite movies now.

"It's Got Electrolytes!!"

Joe Walsh
04-03-2009, 01:57 PM
I would have sent a squad car out and had the officer bust all her windows and then lift the lock to set her free.

Yes...GREAT idea....:D

LMAO!