PDA

View Full Version : First time to the track in a year and a half

teamrope
04-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Have I ever mentioned that I hate rain?

Thanks to the new NHRA rule about drag radials and drive shaft safety loops I left the DR's at home.

Had to pedal the car twice off the line and again around the 330 foot mark. Still ran a 13.60@109MPH. Almost 7 tenths slower than my personal best, but 2 MPH faster. :eek: (Video to follow when the team captain gets home and posts it to Streetfie.net)

Did I mention that I hate rain?

We only got 1 round to dial in. Wait around for a while longer and then they called the race on rain. Since everybody got a pass down the track, no refund. That's $35 I'll never see again. :shake:

Let me reiterate...... I really hate rain. :mad2:

This was also the 1st time to the track with the SW exhaust system. I have a leak somewhere on the passenger side that is driving me nutz, but if the trap speed and still staying in the 13's after pedaling the car 3 times is an indicator, they were worth it.

Bigdogjim
04-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Still beats driving a "smart car" :laugh:

Your correct rain sucks...:mad:

teamrope
04-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Still beats driving a "smart car" :laugh:

Your correct rain sucks...:mad:

Even after it's paid off? :lol:

freakstatus
04-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Yep. We're definitely in the wrong part of the world to hate rain.;) I'll hopefully be hitting the track next week.

Seneca
04-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Funny I have a leak on the pass side also.. We have something in common.. we both have stainless works too.. Nice run!

teamrope
04-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Funny I have a leak on the pass side also.. We have something in common.. we both have stainless works too.. Nice run!

I JUST finished installing the Metco drive shaft loop. I will not be trying to race on street tires ever again.

justbob
04-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Crap, another new rule! Looks like i'll be ordering a loop now, thanks for the heads up.

DOOM
04-11-2009, 11:36 PM
They don't check for the loops at the Maryland tracks I go to.

justbob
04-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Yeah they probably wouldn't by me either but i would hate to drive two hours and get turned down. Same with the fire jacket and a fairly current helmut (0-8 years old?) for anything with an aftermarket power adder.

But thats fine with me, safety first.

Sure doesn't sound like the old motorcross me!
Or the sport bikes, quads, and snowmobiles.

Good run none the less Teamrope! Do you hate rain?

teamrope
04-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Yeah they probably wouldn't by me either but i would hate to drive two hours and get turned down. Same with the fire jacket and a fairly current helmut (0-8 years old?) for anything with an aftermarket power adder.

But thats fine with me, safety first.

Sure doesn't sound like the old motorcross me!
Or the sport bikes, quads, and snowmobiles.

Good run none the less Teamrope! Do you hate rain?

Let me reiterate, again, I really hate rain.

At least on race day.

Taemian
04-13-2009, 07:30 AM
Wow, for our Street Legal drags at Mission, we don't have any rules like that. Just a helmet for under 14 second cars, and a cage for under 12 second cars.

Looks like this Friday is gonna be rain again for us, so the second "first 2009 SL drags" will mostlikely be cancelled again. Frick!

BTW, it's nice to hear of your time sans slicks. I'm still working on street tire times only. I know there's more than my previous 13.2 on the BFGs...still looking for launching tips....:confused:

teamrope
04-13-2009, 05:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIwLXvrSG8Q

You can see from the exhaust where I had to pedal it twice before the 60 ft in full screen/Hi quality, but you can't see where I had to pedal it again on the 1-2 shift. Had a 2.344 60 time. :(

Taemian
04-25-2009, 10:07 PM
I will not be trying to race on street tires ever again.

You wimp. Here's Dave at Mission's Street Legal Drags last night...on stock BFGs.:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDHf9RR-fXk

Come on up to Canada, eh? We have better traction! Actually the funny part is that the track was just opened for the first time this season for last night's event. Completely repaved, next to no bedded rubber or VHT. Go figure?!

teamrope
04-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Same trap speed I had on my 13.6 run.... :coolman:

Taemian
04-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Same trap speed I had on my 13.6 run.... :coolman:

Power is nothing without control, my friend. ;) Quite a few higher hp cars were going slower than Dave that night.

Get yer butt up here and race someday, and bring some other MMs! Love to see Brute's car actually go for it at least once. Let us know a bit ahead of time, and we can collect 3 or 4 MMs to meet you there for some heads up racing!

teamrope
04-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Power is nothing without control, my friend. ;) Quite a few higher hp cars were going slower than Dave that night.

Get yer butt up here and race someday, and bring some other MMs! Love to see Brute's car actually go for it at least once. Let us know a bit ahead of time, and we can collect 3 or 4 MMs to meet you there for some heads up racing!

So would everyone else. :lol: