PDA

View Full Version : Dom Motorhead350

UncleLar
04-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Some of you guys know I've had some serious health problems in the past year and although I'm doing better I still ain't a well man. My life got complicated recently by the fact that I have to move.After just shy of 12 years in the same place I collected a lot of junk,7 rooms and a garage full of it. I've rounded up help for the move and it should go okay but my worst nightmare after I found another place to live was/is the packing stuff up so it would be ready when everyone shows up. I'd asked Dom for help when I moved and he stepped right up along with several other members here and said he'd help. We were talking on the phone earlier this evening and Dom asked if I could use some help with the packing tonight and said he'd be glad to help.He showed up after picking up a ton of boxes and really gave me some help,he stuck around a few hours helping pack and even made a few trips down to the alley to take out junk that needed throwing out.
That really means something to me,he didn't have to help or even ask to help but he gave up his free time to help me when I needed the help and that really counts for something in my book. So what it boils down to is Dom may not be a natural born wrench or have a lot of experience in certain things and makes his share of mistakes and some people like to give him grief for his adventures or misadventures but the young man has a good heart and isn't afraid or too lazy to jump in and help somebody who needs a hand.
I have been and will be proud to call him my friend.
Thank you Dom. :beer:

TiTo35
04-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Good Job Dom...:up:
I hope all is well with you UncleLar.

Mike
04-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Dom has ALWAYS been a good guy on my book :beer:

Blk Mamba
04-14-2009, 09:41 PM
weather Dom believes in the man upstairs or not, God still looks at what ever each of us does, and marks that in "His Book", so want to or not, Dom may be going to heaven.

Pat
04-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Hear, Hear.

Dr Caleb
04-14-2009, 10:46 PM
So what it boils down to is Dom may not be a natural born wrench or have a lot of experience in certain things and makes his share of mistakes and some people like to give him grief for his adventures or misadventures but the young man has a good heart and isn't afraid or too lazy to jump in and help somebody who needs a hand.

Don't sell yourself short there Larry. Dom sounds like a fine man too.
:up:

G.

Haggis
04-15-2009, 03:38 AM
UncleLar, hope your feeling well soon to put the fear back into the sheep.

Dom is a good guy, if only some could see past his immaturity at times. We were all young once.

Bluerauder
04-15-2009, 04:12 AM
We were all young once.

And some of us still are !!! ;)

Here's hoping that your health continues to get better UncleLar. :up:

Dom, you done real good on stepping up to help out with the packing and moving. :bows:

SC Cheesehead
04-15-2009, 04:23 AM
Thanks for sharing, yep, Dom's a good guy; those of us who know him share your thoughts and opinions.

Hey, UncleLar, take care, and I'll add you to the prayer list.

Ken
04-15-2009, 04:37 AM
And some of us still are !!! ;)

Here's hoping that your health continues to get better UncleLar. :up:

Dom, you done real good on stepping up to help out with the packing and moving. :bows:+1 Way to go, Dom! :up:

Thanks for sharing, yep, Dom's a good guy; those of us who know him share your thoughts and opinions.

Hey, UncleLar, take care, and I'll add you to the prayer list.Well said, Rex. Prayers to UncleLar.

Ken

UncleLar
04-16-2009, 04:27 PM
"Dom is a good guy, if only some could see past his immaturity at times. We were all young once."
My point entirely,Dom hasn't got anything on me and the stupid stunts and stuff I pulled when I was his age.He may do some silly stuff at times but he never hurts anyone and he hands down posts the most entertaining threads out here.
Dom,I hope I didn't embarrass you,I wanted everyone to know that you're a stand up guy and the ones who bash you ought to take a moment and remember where you're coming from youth and experience wise before they do again.

I'd like to thank you all for the well wishes and prayers.I'm fighting the complications that have arisen from the heart problems. This having to move has been a real nightmare and I've been trying to do a thousand things at once mostly by myself to make the move happen and to make sure the meet at JC Whitney's is a success so I've really been stressed out.Once those are over that will help a bunch.After I get into the new nicer place I can concentrate on tackling the health problems again.If you saw me up at Volo after seeing me at BradleyG's last year you might have caught on I've been a lot worse than I was last year even though I tried not to let on.But I'm fighting and I intend to be around a good while yet,and I'm a stubborn son of a gun when I get my back up.

CBT
04-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Lar, hope you kick what's kicking you. Dom good on ya.

Mike Poore
04-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Like I said: we're more than a bunch of folks brought together by a car, WE'RE FAMILY. :)

guspech750
04-16-2009, 06:08 PM
I hope all is well and I hope I get a chance to meet you at JC Whitney's.

Motorhead350
04-17-2009, 02:37 PM
weather Dom believes in the man upstairs or not, God still looks at what ever each of us does, and marks that in "His Book", so want to or not, Dom may be going to heaven.

I'll believe it when I see it.

No problem Uncle Lar.

See you tomorrow! :cool:

UncleLar
04-25-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm adding a couple of Thank You's here,again to Dom for showing up both days of the move after coming over earlier in the week and bringing boxes and helping me pack a bunch of junk and even bringing his friend Josh with to help and to JustBob for showing up and helping,after he ran back and forth across the city due to the screwed up Yahoo map and directions I sent him by mistake! Thanks guys!

PantherP71
04-25-2009, 06:47 PM
I love hearing members helping members.

Great job Dom, and Lar I hope you feel better.

TAKEDOWN
05-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Dom... You're are the man!