PDA

View Full Version : Show your support for the little guy!

BigCars4Ever
04-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Once again Monster Cable is screwing another company Monster Transmission in Florida because they decided to use the word "Monster" in their name. This is a perfect example of how this country is destroying itself because some greedy SOB executive feels they completely own a word from the Meriam Websters Dictionary. See the article here : http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/monster-cable

If it pisses :mad2: you off as much as it did to me send this guy an email and tell them stop making lawyers rich you don't own the word Monster. I for one will never again buy one of their cables. Email
Daniel Graham, PR Monster
dgraham@monstercable.com

BigCars4Ever
04-15-2009, 05:27 AM
Here is the email I sent:
Daniel,
I don't understand why you feel that Monster Cable owns the word Monster. I think it's despicable that you sue anyone and everyone using the word Monster for anything from a movie or tv show title to your lastest fiasco Monster Tranmission. The word monster was not created by your company but you certainly are a model for the word. I will never buy another cable from your company and I will make sure my family and friends do not buy your product untill you cease this absurd litigation power trip. Time are bad in the US and your corporation is definitly not helping things by suing companies that are far removed from your business just because they too want to use the word Monster. By the way Monster Monster Monster. There I used it three times. Are you going to send your lawers after me!?

Ron Consiglio.

O's Fan Rich
04-15-2009, 06:21 AM
If I was an audio dealer or reseller, I would not have their products on my shelf because of this stuff.
They went after Disney for Monster's Inc?.....what a bunch of twits......

High-C
04-15-2009, 06:21 AM
Well done Ron... My sentiments exactly...

rayjay
04-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Thats :bs: email sent.

Pops
04-15-2009, 07:18 AM
They make a lot of money on out of court settlements is my guess. Its easier to pay than spend the money to fight them. For the record I do sell Monster products. They are a good company to deal with and stand behind the product.

musclemerc
04-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Use Straight Wire or Vampire Wire they are much better in quality.

O's Fan Rich
04-15-2009, 08:19 AM
They make a lot of money on out of court settlements is my guess. Its easier to pay than spend the money to fight them. For the record I do sell Monster products. They are a good company to deal with and stand behind the product.

You're still OK in my book John!

As I posted "if I were..." I'm not.... and you have more experience with what is needed on that end then I do.

Hey, look at how Ford's legal eagles have gone after sites and companies for their branded names being used, yet I drive Fords..... damn.... I'm a hypocrite again.....

teamrope
04-15-2009, 08:24 AM
When are they going after Monster.com?

Marauder386
04-15-2009, 08:29 AM
When are they going after Monster.com?

I bet they dont because that site/company has more money than them ...

Would be fun to see Monsterdotcom give MonsterCable a dose of their own medicine ...

:cool4:

teamrope
04-15-2009, 08:36 AM
I bet they dont because that site/company has more money than them ...

Would be fun to see Monsterdotcom give MonsterCable a dose of their own medicine ...

:cool4:

I bet we could help that process via dot com's contact us link. :cool4:

justbob
04-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Have they hit Monster Miata yet? Those cars are SICK!
http://www.monstermiata.com/default.asp

Egon Spengler
04-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Monster Energy Drinks?

larryo340
04-15-2009, 09:25 AM
http://www.fictionwerks.com/images/NEWS%20monster%20logo.jpg

OR

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1e/Monster_House_logo.jpg

derik
04-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Monster trucks

Haggis
04-15-2009, 09:52 AM
No not the Cookie MONSTER!!!!!

Egon Spengler
04-15-2009, 10:15 AM
We will have to have one of the monster mutt trucks run him and his business over!
http://mysite.verizon.net/w3rjw/MonsterTrucks/pictures/monster%20mut%2012x18.jpg

justbob
04-15-2009, 11:43 AM
One of my cats name is MONSTER. Does this mean he's gonna get sued?

magindat
04-15-2009, 01:55 PM
good product, but wickedly over-priced at the entry level, especially.

I've never been a fan. Not after over 20 years in audio.

The worst thing I think they ever did to guys like John was appear in the mass market and make the little guy compete with big box stores.

Stinger doesn't do that....

Rocknthehawk
04-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Meh, *******s.

I'll stick with KnuKonceptz.com wiring. great products at an even better price.

BigCars4Ever
04-15-2009, 06:28 PM
BTW...They did sue Discovery channel for both Monster House and Monster Garage!

Shora
04-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Messed up on M. Cable! Pure Punks.

However, did anyone notice Monster's version of a top of the line 4R70W transmission?

http://racetransmissions.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/1_31_143_149/products_id/273

The price looks good and no core charge plus free shipping but it doesn't seem "all that" to me. I cannot tell what makes it that much stronger than a stock 4R70W.

Also, it's odd that they have such a detailed web site yet I cannot find their address ANYWHERE. Maybe I am looking right past it but I cannot find it. Funny thing is I am SURE that I have driven past a location called Monster Transmission here in FL.

Edit:BTW, I have never seen a more bull.... warranty. 30 days is a joke!

larryo340
04-15-2009, 09:00 PM
BTW...They did sue Discovery channel for both Monster House and Monster Garage!

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/larryo340/Funny%20Pictures/Areyouserious.jpg

Taemian
04-16-2009, 09:01 AM
The reply I received was as follows:

Dear Mr. Jacobi,

Monster does not have an issue with Monster Transmission. We advised our outside attorneys several months ago to resolve the matter. They are in the process of working that out with Monster Transmissions attorneys. This case was filed last year, before the Monster Mini Golf matter was settled. We have learned from our experience with the fallout from the Monster Mini Golf matter, that we can be “legally” right in the protection of our trademark, but wrong in the eyes of our customers. We now know we have to balance protecting our trademark rights with the opinion of our customers. We’ll always consider and value the opinion of our customers.
Daniel Graham

CBT
04-16-2009, 10:25 AM
I'd take a monster dump in a sammich bag and....nevermind.

Shora
04-16-2009, 10:36 AM
The reply I received was as follows:

Dear Mr. Jacobi,

Monster does not have an issue with Monster Transmission. We advised our outside attorneys several months ago to resolve the matter. They are in the process of working that out with Monster Transmissions attorneys. This case was filed last year, before the Monster Mini Golf matter was settled. We have learned from our experience with the fallout from the Monster Mini Golf matter, that we can be “legally” right in the protection of our trademark, but wrong in the eyes of our customers. We now know we have to balance protecting our trademark rights with the opinion of our customers. We’ll always consider and value the opinion of our customers.
Daniel Graham

Sounds more than fair. People often make mistakes. Not to often do we see people owning up to those mistakes.

Egon Spengler
04-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Well at least they are realizing that they are being douchers and the customers and prospective customers are making them feel threatened... MONSTER A$$HATS!

CBT
04-16-2009, 10:41 AM
My first wife nicknamed a certain part of my anatomy The Nookie Monster, should I worry about it getting sued off? I can't have that happening. No, I cannot.

Haggis
04-16-2009, 11:03 AM
My first wife nicknamed a certain part of my anatomy The Nookie Monster, should I worry about it getting sued off? I can't have that happening. No, I cannot.

You mean she let you keep it after the divorce?

CBT
04-16-2009, 11:08 AM
It grew back. IBTL!

You mean she let you keep it after the divorce?