PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on oil consumption.

timfromme
04-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Hi,
Just wondering how many of you are wondering how long oil supply is going to last. Oil is not gonna last forever. I know auto manufactures are looking into alternative fuel for cars. There's hybrids, electrics, and running on veggie oil, etc. I just went on www.poodwaddle.com (http://www.poodwaddle.com) website and it showed a lot of things happening, from how much beef is being slaughtered, to oil consumption, to US debt, etc. etc. The way I see it, if we consume as much oil as it says we do, and if consumption does not increase, there is no oil in about 40 years from now. So much for collectors value on our cars, or any car for that matter, no gasoline in the near future. Wonder if our world is doomed to be like the Mad Max films. Just a thought to throw out there. Kinda scary if you ask me.

Haggis
04-16-2009, 04:01 AM
Let's use it all up as soon as possible, that way our so called 'civilization' comes to an end that much sooner.

SC Cheesehead
04-16-2009, 04:16 AM
Hi,
Just wondering how many of you are wondering how long oil supply is going to last. Oil is not gonna last forever. I know auto manufactures are looking into alternative fuel for cars. There's hybrids, electrics, and running on veggie oil, etc. I just went on www.poodwaddle.com (http://www.poodwaddle.com) website and it showed a lot of things happening, from how much beef is being slaughtered, to oil consumption, to US debt, etc. etc. The way I see it, if we consume as much oil as it says we do, and if consumption does not increase, there is no oil in about 40 years from now. So much for collectors value on our cars, or any car for that matter, no gasoline in the near future. Wonder if our world is doomed to be like the Mad Max films. Just a thought to throw out there. Kinda scary if you ask me.

The same prediction was made back in the late 50's, so I'm not too worried about this happening in my lifetime.

Now as to the US debt, now THAT scares the http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/images/smilies/shithappens.gif out of me.

baltimoremm
04-16-2009, 05:10 AM
there is plenty of oil, i dont think any of us will see the end of oil during our lifetimes. it may not be as easy to pump out of the ground, we'll just have to work harder at extracting it (oil sands, deep ocean wells, anwar)

offroadkarter
04-16-2009, 05:18 AM
Let's use it all up as soon as possible, that way our so called 'civilization' comes to an end that much sooner.

Are you a proud member of PETA by any chance?

Haggis
04-16-2009, 05:30 AM
Are you a proud member of PETA by any chance?

P eople
E ating
T asty
A nimals

O's Fan Rich
04-16-2009, 05:31 AM
40 years from now?

Well...... I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

fastblackmerc
04-16-2009, 05:48 AM
Oil will still be available long after we are gone.

juno
04-16-2009, 07:28 AM
40 years from now?

Well...... I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Yes, I hope I am still driving a RWD v-8 in 40 years!!!!!

ctrlraven
04-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Even at today's increasing rate of new drivers and more people driving, one thing the US is being smart about is using everyone else's before we use our own lol. More vehicles will become electric and others will just get better fuel mileage.