PDA

View Full Version : One cool cop...

PantherP71
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLNc7Lfkktg&feature=related

Good guy.

Shora
04-15-2009, 09:35 PM
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that those push bumpers are there on LEO vehicles so that they can do just that; move cars out of the way and allow traffic to move along. To me it just looks like our tax dollars paying for "push bumpers" and also paying a cop to use them.

Your right though, it is cool when we see a cop doing his job.

justbob
04-16-2009, 06:49 AM
That was kinda cool, around here the cop cars never even seem to get dirty, let alone push jeeps.

teamrope
04-16-2009, 07:03 AM
That looks like it's somewhere the western side of the Sierra Nevada mountains where I grew up. When I was in High school one of those guys helped me push start my pick up after the battery died like that. CHP are usually pretty cool as long as you don't make an a$$ out of yourself. :)

Taemian
04-16-2009, 08:55 AM
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that those push bumpers are there on LEO vehicles so that they can do just that; move cars out of the way and allow traffic to move along. To me it just looks like our tax dollars paying for "push bumpers" and also paying a cop to use them.

Your right though, it is cool when we see a cop doing his job.

Wow, you were able to show such restraint here by nearly holding in your contempt here, Shora. You're making progress, albiet slowly.

Push bars are meant solely for pushing UPRIGHT vehicles out of travel paths. To push a dead weight without the aid of rolling resistance modifiers (ie tires) was never the intent for a small vertical bar held on by two grade 8 bolts.

If the officer had been trying to push a downed tree or other stationary dead weight and damaged his car, I can already hear the cries of "What a dummy, he should've waited for a chainsaw or a wrecker.":shake:

Some folks are never happy.

Shora
04-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Wow, you were able to show such restraint here by nearly holding in your contempt here, Shora. You're making progress, albiet slowly.

It took great effort, but I see it was clearly worth it.

Push bars are meant solely for pushing UPRIGHT vehicles out of travel paths. To push a dead weight without the aid of rolling resistance modifiers (ie tires) was never the intent for a small vertical bar held on by two grade 8 bolts.

If the officer had been trying to push a downed tree or other stationary dead weight and damaged his car, I can already hear the cries of "What a dummy, he should've waited for a chainsaw or a wrecker.":shake:

Some folks are never happy.

True, but in this case, I don't see how he would have damaged his car unless he CLEARLY didn't know what he was doing.

It's fine with me if some of you see that simple act as if it was heroic. It's cool, kinda like 4-7 yr. olds who want to grow up to be LEOs. However, to me, it looks just like part of the job. It's a two way road and he MUST clear it if possible.

I am VERY happy since he did his job. YAY Hurray.

Sadly, I can also post vids where other "cops" are "not so cool" (but I won't since I am still making progress;)).

lincolnpimp
04-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Looks like he really knew the limits of his push bars, and exactly how to use them! Great job if you ask me!

BigCars4Ever
04-16-2009, 06:48 PM
I can't believe the occupants walked away from that!

bigbillybbs
04-16-2009, 07:02 PM
HAHA AWESOME VID..... Those push bumpers are solid !

Taemian
04-19-2009, 10:45 AM
It took great effort, but I see it was clearly worth it.

True, but in this case, I don't see how he would have damaged his car unless he CLEARLY didn't know what he was doing.

It's fine with me if some of you see that simple act as if it was heroic. It's cool, kinda like 4-7 yr. olds who want to grow up to be LEOs. However, to me, it looks just like part of the job. It's a two way road and he MUST clear it if possible.

I am VERY happy since he did his job. YAY Hurray.

Sadly, I can also post vids where other "cops" are "not so cool" (but I won't since I am still making progress;)).

:2thumbs:.........