PDA

View Full Version : Video of HFD Memorial for Capt. Harlow & FF Hobbs

FrankJAG
04-16-2009, 04:59 PM
This is a POV video of today's somber events.
There were at least 3,000 Fire Fighters to honor our fallen Brothers. The line of apparatus and vehicles was as amazing.

The service was very touching, allot of tears were shed. What really touched me were the kids of the families.

Please keep the Wives, Children and Families in your prayers tonight.
These Men made the ultimate sacrifice to save what was not theirs and attempt save another fellow human being that might have been trapped.
Take all this in mind next time you see a Fire Fighter, Police Officer or Soldier. A simple thanks or a wave will do.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkgKPBH14QM
Story: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6763898

And for some reason my ugly mug got caught in 13's lens:
http://911pse.com/frank/hfdtv00.jpg

oldekid
04-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Take all this in mind next time you see a Fire Fighter, Police Officer or Soldier. A simple thanks or a wave will do.I have the utmost respect for all of the above. Thanks for sharing this story. I will try to remember that, the next time I see a Fire Fighter, Police Officer, or Soldier. They will get my wave.
:beer:

Hacklemerc
04-16-2009, 07:27 PM
I actually got a big surprise the other day. I was waiting in line for food at Captain D's. I was in my Police uniform picking up food for our dispatchers when these two kids came up to me. THey were about 8-10 years old. Both of them stood in front of me and put out thier hands and said "thank you for your service sir." I shook thier hands and said thank you back. Totally taken aback. It was nice tho.

oldekid
04-16-2009, 07:37 PM
I actually got a big surprise the other day. I was waiting in line for food at Captain D's. I was in my Police uniform picking up food for our dispatchers when these two kids came up to me. THey were about 8-10 years old. Both of them stood in front of me and put out thier hands and said "thank you for your service sir." I shook thier hands and said thank you back. Totally taken aback. It was nice tho.Someone has brought them up right. That's awesome.
:beer:

Drewstang
04-16-2009, 08:54 PM
R.I.P. fallen brothers.

Egon Spengler
04-17-2009, 05:42 AM
+1... never easy putting another brother to rest

R.I.P. fallen brothers.

FrankJAG
04-17-2009, 06:50 AM
I actually got a big surprise the other day. I was waiting in line for food at Captain D's. I was in my Police uniform picking up food for our dispatchers when these two kids came up to me. THey were about 8-10 years old. Both of them stood in front of me and put out thier hands and said "thank you for your service sir." I shook thier hands and said thank you back. Totally taken aback. It was nice tho.
That is awesome and unfortunately a very rare occurance these days. It's sad, but most of today's kids have no manners at all.

I am "old school", my kids know that lost art of respect, manners and giving.

FrankJAG
04-17-2009, 06:51 AM
+1... never easy putting another brother to rest
Amen Bro. There was not a dry eye in the church; it was very touching.

Egon Spengler
04-17-2009, 07:58 AM
I bet... My friend tells a story of going to a procession where the road was lined with ff's in class A uniforms and there was a kid at the procession wearing a kids ff costume and he was in the middle of the closed down road with an american flag holding it up saluting the firefighters that were saluting as the procession came... Said he has never seem so many firefighters tear up... I don't care how strong a guy you are ... that has to bring a tear to your eye if you are standing there!

Amen Bro. There was not a dry eye in the church; it was very touching.

Taemian
04-17-2009, 06:19 PM
I have rarely been in such emotional awe as when entering the procession of units on the way to an officer's funeral. It stretched 45 minutes long from start to finish. I hope the fallen can see how they are honoured.