PDA

View Full Version : Aaaarrrrruuuugggghhh

SILVERSURFER03
04-20-2009, 06:16 AM
Wiper work only on full blast aka hi heeeellllpppppp we have rain here ... And no i can't just not drive the car hahaha

Krytin
04-20-2009, 07:01 AM
I have heard alot of talk about bad plugs on the wiring harness at the wiper motor - sometimes a little dirt/smeg that can be cleaned out.
Good luck!

Bluerauder
04-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Wiper work only on full blast aka hi heeeellllpppppp we have rain here ... And no i can't just not drive the car hahaha
The trap below your wiper motor is probably plugged up with debris. This is fairly common in the spring and the fall when crap off trees starts to drop. If plugged up, Water will accumulate and short out the motor. Operation on high only is one of the initial symptoms. First suggestion is to shoot a stream of water down below the wipers with a garden hose in hopes of cleaning out the blockage. If this doesn't work, your wiper motor may be fried and will have to be replaced along with the pigtail. There is a TSB out on this :bs: problem with MM, GM and CV wiper motors. Good luck on the easy fix. Might have to let the motor "dry out" a little after the trap cleaning exercise.

SILVERSURFER03
04-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Bump......................... Thanks guys were would i find that ..do i remove cowl ???

TiTo35
04-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Sell me the car...and save yourself the trouble!

Bluerauder
04-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Bump......................... Thanks guys were would i find that ..do i remove cowl ???

To access the wiper motor itself, you have to remove the cowl. However, to shoot a stream of water just aim in in the holes/grooves below the wipers. Check out "ctrlraven" thread on the subject. He posted pics of the crap in his trap.

RF Overlord
04-20-2009, 10:04 AM
My boss frequently has crap in his trap.

Bluerauder
04-20-2009, 10:14 AM
My boss frequently has crap in his trap.
Boy I hope your are talking about your boss and not your BOSS. :o Cause if it the latter, you are done for. ;)

SC Cheesehead
04-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Norrin,

All you need to know to resolve the wiper problems.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47864

Bluerauder
04-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Norrin,

All you need to know to resolve the wiper problems.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47864
And here >>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49438&highlight=wiper+trap+dirt

Check Richie04's Post #7 in the link ^^^^^ above for a full description of the "Fix".

Blk Mamba
04-20-2009, 10:24 AM
My MM came with two handfuls of leaves, twigs, & acorns in the well, 5 days after I brought the car home, on my way to work, the wipers started this crap. I cleaned the well, enlarged the drain hole, and screened off the cowl vents, no problems since, but the monsoon season has just started. BTW some grease on the electrical connection will help in the future.

Georges93LX
04-20-2009, 11:40 AM
I pulled a motor from a low mileage '05 Grand Marquis for $25.00. Solved the problem.