PDA

View Full Version : Termites!!!!

Hacklemerc
04-20-2009, 01:14 PM
The other day I was cleaning around the house and found a bunch of little dirt mounds along the side of the house that resembled ant hills. Me being the bully I am kicked the hills down and dumped a bunch of ant killer into the holes that were left. A little bit later on I was working in the downstairs room and discovered a bunch of little black bugs with wings crawling all along the same wall that I "killed" the ants. I got to looking around and they were everywhere. Called Orkin, only because they have cool commercials. Orkin guy comes out and says I have a bad infestation of termites, the ones I was seeing on the floor wand wall were "swarmers." After crawling around in my crawlspace he came out and said I have spiders, centipedes, and termites. There is no structural dmage but they are definately here. DAMN. We just moved here two years ago and we had the house treated before we moved in.
Its gonna cost almost $2k to treat the house. Stupid Termites.

BODYMAN
04-20-2009, 01:24 PM
yeh, They suck Hack, My neighbor had to have his entire back wall replaced aprox 55 yrds long the guy who did it told him another 4-months and the wall would have just fell in. Needless to say I sold that house shortly after that happend to him the problem in that neighbor hood was they use to bury all scrap wood and trees and stumps and the termites lived of that junk for 25yrs when it was gone they started in on the houses. They are not good for anything just a pain in the ^** JUST BE GLAD YOU FOUND THEM WHEN YOU DID sometimes they hide good and the obvious signs arent there!!!

scruff
04-20-2009, 07:38 PM
and where would these houses be located Florida?

TAKEDOWN
04-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Go figure... why keep extra money for yourself!

BODYMAN
04-21-2009, 04:40 AM
and where would these houses be located Florida?

No actually Missouri which they say is one of the worst states for termites??? dont know why but have seen multiple homes in this area just destroyed by them

Hacklemerc
04-21-2009, 04:58 AM
Well the Orkin man was here untill 7pm last night before finally calling it quits. He'll be back today to finish the job sometime this afternoon.

Haggis
04-21-2009, 05:03 AM
Well the Orkin man was here untill 7pm last night before finally calling it quits. He'll be back today to finish the job sometime this afternoon.

I was not happy with Orkin's service, they would not show up when scheduled once the contract was signed. Go with a local pest service and get a warranty against termites. They come out once a year and due a free inspection for termintes and as long as you are under contract they are suppose to take care of any home repairs.

SID210SA
04-21-2009, 05:09 AM
ABC Pest and Lawn does that here....if you get termites after they treat your house, they fix at their expense...

BODYMAN
04-21-2009, 05:31 AM
ABC Pest and Lawn does that here....if you get termites after they treat your house, they fix at their expense...

This is what you need Hack some type of guarantee!!