PDA

View Full Version : #@!*&%*&#% tar truck!!!!!!

Marauderjack
04-21-2009, 03:27 PM
I was driving into town this afternoon and the right lane of Highway 21 South was literally covered with black blobs from golf ball size to half the size of your head!!!!:argue::mad2:

It looked like tar and I avoided it until I had to turn right at which point I tried to dodge most of it......BUT I must have hit a BIG one and the car began to shake and do the "Wump-Whump-Whump" thing!!!:help:

Pulled into a parking lot and the right wheels had patches of this crap on them 8" across and about 3/8" thick......had to dig the rubbery tar off with a screw driver.....it is like thick, black chewing gum....UGH!!!:mad2:

Called the Highway Patrol to report it and I hope the trucking company that laid down 4 miles of this crud has to come out and scrape it up!!!:shake:

I have never seen this rubbery type of tar........it looks like the asphalt roofing sealer that comes in a caulking gun tube.......sticky and gooey....UGH again!!!!:cool:

I feel better now....at least none got on the paint!!:beer:

Marauderjack:(

a_d_a_m
04-21-2009, 03:36 PM
That happened to my neighbor's '71 Coupe DeVille. He wasn't so lucky and it got on the original white paint.

I would have shot someone.

Bigdogjim
04-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Glad it did hurt the paint:up:

Nice driving to advoid most of it :)

Bluerauder
04-21-2009, 03:43 PM
It looked like tar and I avoided it until I had to turn right at which point I tried to dodge most of it......BUT I must have hit a BIG one and the car began to shake and do the "Wump-Whump-Whump" thing!!!:help:(
Man that really stinks. :mad: I can't imagine what it was unless it was just waste stuff being carted away. The random "globs" leads me to believe that it was just junk asphalt or possibly a busted asphalt melter spigot/valve (used to melt asphalt for roofing and other applications) that was just oozing or dripping the stuff. Does it dissolve or loosen up when you mix it with gas or kerosene or other petroleum product like diesel? If so, it was probably asphalt based.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
04-21-2009, 08:02 PM
the crack sealer is that super rubbery liquid crap. It is very difficult to get off of paint

justbob
04-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Man i'm sorry to here about that. Most bug and tar removers work pretty well, and i'm sure you have a nice build up of wax on the rims so it should come off easily.

Glockafella
04-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Dude I had a big truck like that drop about a 4 inch diameter rock onto the road and one bounced it into my radiator, thought it was a gonner, i will show a pic of it, smashed the fins all in hardcore.

DOOM
04-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Bro I feel your pain, but you title of this thread is cracking me up :laugh:

Marauderjack
04-22-2009, 04:21 AM
Man that really stinks. :mad: I can't imagine what it was unless it was just waste stuff being carted away. The random "globs" leads me to believe that it was just junk asphalt or possibly a busted asphalt melter spigot/valve (used to melt asphalt for roofing and other applications) that was just oozing or dripping the stuff. Does it dissolve or loosen up when you mix it with gas or kerosene or other petroleum product like diesel? If so, it was probably asphalt based.

Yeah....it comes off with lighter fluid, gasoline or Kerosene.....but it is very rubbery!!:cool: If it doesn't come off the tires in a few days I'll pull them and get the rest off!!!:argue: