PDA

View Full Version : New deck lid emblem and night pics.

SVT_MERC
04-22-2009, 04:01 AM
I decided to take a couple fresh pics and show off my new deck lid emblem too.......

My Marquis @ School...
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/72/l_11ec47ac78874fc0bd31ed4d78cf 6738.jpg
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/82/l_828884936337407ab9386d7608f1 6498.jpg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/112/l_803d9ce0bc9c44e5acee290bb97b 1601.jpg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/70/l_ef052fb7da51486680bddb7bdbfe aa4d.jpg

CKMustangCobra
04-22-2009, 05:52 AM
Take that **** off of there.... that isn't a Marauder and shouldn't be wearing it's badge.

Sorry.

Embassy
04-22-2009, 05:55 AM
The godshead emblem is/was not exclusive to the Marauder. Look up Mercurys from the '60s and you'll see the godshead on them.

IMHO, it looks good.

xopher
04-22-2009, 06:00 AM
The godshead emblem is/was not exclusive to the Marauder. Look up Mercurys from the '60s and you'll see the godshead on them.

IMHO, it looks good.
Agreed. The logo is a Mercury logo and belongs on any car representing the long history of Mercury. Now, if I saw this logo on a Milan or a Mariner, it might look a little funny, but it would likely be a conversation starter with the owner.

Egon Spengler
04-22-2009, 06:03 AM
Looks good bud... the godshead is the god mercury... not the god marauder! If he wants to put it on his MERCURY he can!

Blk Mamba
04-22-2009, 06:04 AM
I want two.

DOOM
04-22-2009, 06:05 AM
The god head represents mercury.
Looks good to me.

Vortex
04-22-2009, 06:38 AM
Nice car! Also, thats a Mercury badge, not a Marauder badge. Ignore idiotic comments above.

Egon Spengler
04-22-2009, 07:06 AM
Is there an echo in the thread?

fastblackmerc
04-22-2009, 07:09 AM
Looks good.

CBT
04-22-2009, 07:22 AM

Help me find my keys and we can drive out of here.

Egon Spengler
04-22-2009, 07:39 AM
The "SVTMERC" license plate is a stretch, but I'll allow the godshead emblem!

magindat
04-22-2009, 07:42 AM
This young man is driving a Marquis or 'Maruader Jr.' and is spending his cash going to school. WTF is wrong with you guys?!

I like the emblem. The plate tells me what you wanna be when you get there. All the best on your journey!!!

Egon Spengler
04-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Hey, I am for the emblem and tricking out a MGM! I like your view on the license plate... I am glad he shares our appreciation of the Mercury name! It is cool that he is doing it his own way too instead of trying to make a marauder replica!

This young man is driving a Marquis or 'Maruader Jr.' and is spending his cash going to school. WTF is wrong with you guys?!

I like the emblem. The plate tells me what you wanna be when you get there. All the best on your journey!!!

SVT_MERC
04-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks, for the compliments.

To any who don't like it, too bad!!!!

As magindat (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=3548) stated, I am going to school right now at WyoTech, so money is very tight. When I bought my car, it cost me 12,500 and the marauder sitting right next to it was over 22,000 and there was no way I could afford an extra 10,000 on a car with the $9.00/hr I was making. So I decided to make the car my own way and make it seem as if it was a precursor to the Marauder. Thats why i used 18" Bullitts on it with SVT center caps, the spoiler, and other touches. So I am happy with the car as it is, and as I can afford it I keep adding to it. And the icing on the cake for me was at Woodward Dream Cruise last year I met Steve Babcock, and he asked me about my car, and told me that it was a great interpretation, and that he wouldn't imagine that any other way.

And like it was stated above the god's head badge IS the Greek god Mercury, not the Mercury god "MARAUDER", so if you don't like it, come here and take it off my car!!!

BAD MERC
04-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Can you sell me two? Can it be installed on the Marauder grille? I wanna know how you made it.

Egon Spengler
04-22-2009, 12:55 PM
so if you don't like it, come here and take it off my car!!!

Just did it! Go look at your trunk lid! GONE! I didn't steal it because it doesn't belong on your car... I did it because I want it for mine! so THANKS!

Just kidding! Where can I get these emblems?

Egon Spengler
04-22-2009, 12:56 PM
by emblems I mean for trunk lid, grille, and steering wheel

justbob
04-22-2009, 01:24 PM
For the steering wheel i highly suggest this link, These are a work of art.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37208&highlight=steering+wheel+badge

Black_Noise
04-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Take that **** off of there.... that isn't a Marauder and shouldn't be wearing it's badge.

Sorry.

i'll second that

STLR FN
04-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Jason I'll be at WyoTech tomorrow night to take back my badge. :D

Looks good Jason. I think you've done a great job on your Merc. Some are just hatin for what you have done.

For those that don't know the Godheads badge is just a Marauder center cap with the backing removed. I was going to use it on my decklid but decided to shave the emblem off of mine and gave the badge to Jason and he's put it to good use.

BhamMarauder
04-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Looks good!

CRUZTAKER
04-22-2009, 06:12 PM
I want two.

Call me and I'll tell you how to make them. ;)

SVT_MERC
04-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Yeah, It's just the god's head from the MM center cap, then I used touch-up paint on the inside, then clear coat touch-up on it. A little 3M tape on the back and pasted on top of the OEM emblem.

SVT_MERC
04-22-2009, 06:26 PM
And for you haters out there, either go by the ( if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all), or get your self a REAL MARAUDER emblem.
A Marauder, by definition, is a pirate, so why don't you take those Mercury center caps off your cars and put little pictures of pirates on your wheels.

mrjones
04-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Actually, for all of us with 2003s, we all have Grand Marquis. Everything I've ever gotten from Ford has had "Grand Marquis" on it.

Lighten up, Francis.

SVT_MERC
04-22-2009, 06:39 PM
OOOOhhhhhh, a reference to STRIPES!!!!!

Thank you, mrjones

offroadkarter
04-22-2009, 06:47 PM

Sorry.

Your an idiot, thats the god MERCURY not the god "marauder"

Car looks great SVT_MERC, you've got a really clean looking marquis, F the haters!

bigmerc2003
04-25-2009, 09:36 AM

Sorry.

Thats not a Marauder badge, it is a mercury (the god) badge, ease up a bit....there are only so many MM's to go around:beer:

Crown Vicman
04-25-2009, 09:40 AM

Sorry.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !:rofl:

justbob
04-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Actually, for all of us with 2003s, we all have Grand Marquis. Everything I've ever gotten from Ford has had "Grand Marquis" on it.

Lighten up, Francis.
My insurance company said i had one weird digit in my vin when i first got her, after six months and a few calls to FOMOCO they were able to start calling it a MARAUDER .

JimmyXR7
04-26-2009, 07:08 AM
[quote=offroadkarter;749511]Your an idiot, thats the god MERCURYnot the god "marauder" . . . quote]
The '60s Mercurys had the 'mercury god head' on the cars. The '68 Montego had the god heads on the wheel cover centers. My '68 cougar has the god head on its nose emblem.

I like the god head emblem better then the waterfall emblem used today. Come to think of it, I like the scripted Mercury better and the Big M better too. Good that they put in on the wheel centers again.
Jim

sanco
04-26-2009, 04:59 PM
talk about thread being blown out of proportion lol

car looks great man, i really like those night shots

CKMustangCobra
04-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Wow... looks like I ruffled a few feathers.

IMO.... it is just as bad as V6 Mustangs riding around with Cobra badges. I don't care if the V6 Mustang was modified enough to walk all over a Cobra.... it isn't a Cobra so the badge is just stupid.

That badge came on Mercurys, fine... but you all are fooling yourselves if you don't associate THAT badge with 03-04 Marauders. THAT badge didn't come on THAT car and IMO it doesn't belong there. Now someone PLEASE tell me that my OPINION is wrong again.... PLEASE!

fastblackmerc
04-27-2009, 09:36 AM

IMO.... it is just as bad as V6 Mustangs riding around with Cobra badges. I don't care if the V6 Mustang was modified enough to walk all over a Cobra.... it isn't a Cobra so the badge is just stupid.

That badge came on Mercurys, fine... but you all are fooling yourselves if you don't associate THAT badge with 03-04 Marauders. THAT badge didn't come on THAT car and IMO it doesn't belong there. Now someone PLEASE tell me that my OPINION is wrong again.... PLEASE!

I'll bite...............

It's wrong!

:D

WESTTXPATRIOT
04-27-2009, 10:13 AM
been looking for those badges for a month now cant find them please help me out and let me know where you got them

CKMustangCobra
04-27-2009, 10:50 AM
I'll bit...............

It's wrong!

http://www.livephysics.com/forums/misc/pics/bravo.jpg

BurpyTurtle
04-27-2009, 02:47 PM
been looking for those badges for a month now cant find them please help me out and let me know where you got them
You can buy some here, but they ain't cheap

http://www.carmotorsports.com/proddetail.php?prod=marauder_e mblems

or use an extra OEM wheel center cap to make your own

http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9179

and if you want the stick-on printed emblems, they can be bought here

http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37207

And welcome to the forum.

joey
07-19-2009, 07:22 PM
how do i go about buying that emblem

Marauder Rick
07-20-2009, 12:33 AM
ask Billy at DeTech Collision on Greenfield. He can point you in the right direction for the emblems

Marauder Rick
07-20-2009, 12:33 AM
DeTech is in Detroit for anyone else who wants to givem a call

Vortex
07-20-2009, 05:37 AM

Of course there are those that say the cobra is just a glorified Mustang and Ford had no business using a badge meant to copy an AC Shelby Cobra so you see there is plenty of this to go around.:)

Stranger in the Black Sedan
07-20-2009, 06:56 AM
I don't object to the godshead on there. But SVTmerc on that car, is rediculous.

bob6364
07-20-2009, 08:21 AM
I don't object to the godshead on there. But SVTmerc on that car, is rediculous.

Not to mention its a silver car....everyone know Marauders only came in Black and the other colors are repaints... :hide:

CBT
07-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Not to mention its a silver car....everyone know Marauders only came in Black and the other colors are repaints... :hide:

I was accused of that believe it or not, by the owner of a black MM. He also told me the bra was not an authorized Ford product, bet me I didn't have the jacket (which I did) then told me "Well I bought the first Marauder sold in Virginia!" Great, helloutta my face idiot.

07-20-2009, 08:37 AM
We're not talking about Silver birches though. It would be like me putting a license plate that said 03MustCobra on a base model Focus. I mean you can do what you want but on a Marauder board... expect to take some crap for it.

CBT
07-20-2009, 08:44 AM
We're not talking about Silver birches though. It would be like me putting a license plate that said 03MustCobra on a base model Focus. I mean you can do what you want but on a Marauder board... expect to take some crap for it.

Heck, just saying howdy on here gets you flack sometimes:D

SVT_MERC
07-20-2009, 11:46 AM

Easy there killer...... my car is Arizona Beige, not silver. lol:beatnik:

VicsEvilBrother, I'm sorry you don't like evewhat I've done to my car, but you know what, almost ry day I get compliments from people on how much they like my car because it is different from any other panther out there and how it looks like something that came from the factory that way. So you know what you loose the argument in my book.............
Also I don't hear you bitching about all of the Marauders out there who have:
cobra badges on the fender,
4.6L Badges,
checkered flag badges,
S-55 badges,
or the S-55 treatment.

No Marauder was sold with any of this on the car, but apparently that is ok with you that they ruin a perfectly good Marauder with other emblems and such that was never there..........sorry, you lose this argument. :puke:

07-20-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm pretty sure I wasn't arguing so I can't lose.

SILVERSURFER03
07-20-2009, 12:01 PM
talk about thread being blown out of proportion lol

car looks great man, i really like those night shots i like the front bumper alot ......i want one

CRUZTAKER
07-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Call me and I'll tell you how to make them. ;)

They're HOME MADE LOL!

knine
07-20-2009, 02:11 PM

CBT
07-20-2009, 02:21 PM