PDA

View Full Version : Subscription Re-up

FordNut
04-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Thought I would re-up my subscription as a supporting member.
Maybe it will help compensate for the loss of a vendor.
The community should be all about the members anyway.
Thanks MM.net

BhamMarauder
04-24-2009, 10:09 AM
I recently became a member of this site. I was thinking about becoming a contributing member. Do most members contribute? How are the funds used?

Bluerauder
04-24-2009, 10:24 AM
I recently became a member of this site. I was thinking about becoming a contributing member. Do most members contribute? How are the funds used?
Contributing members are identified with Flags by their avatars. :up: Non-contributing members have little stars. :D Folks with less than 100 posts have nothing. ;)

Donations/contributions are used to support the site and the membership by keeping the lights on, maintaining the servers, and upgrading software or hardware as necessary. MM.Net has also supported regional and national meets with dash plaques, free breakfasts, goody bags and raffle prizes. They have helped to defray some of the expenses for MM gatherings on the regional and national level and much, much more. Last year at Carlisle "All FORD Nationals", the MM.Net sponsored a tent for the attendees and provided bottled water for the entire weekend (both were much appreciated). Bottomline is that all the money is farmed back into perks for the membership. Recently, there was a contributing members only "FREE" raffle with about 30 prizes. And even more recently, MM.Net donated cash to partially offset the cost of Marauder hats so that a lower price was offered to the membership at large. IMHO -- it is a very good deal.

BhamMarauder
04-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Sounds good! Thanks!!

SC Cheesehead
04-24-2009, 10:33 AM

Click on "Home," halfway down the left side of the page is a button "Make a Contribution." Click on this and it will take you to the member's contirbution web page.

Members with the checkered flags by their aviatars are contributing members.

Funds are used to:

Cover operating costs of the site
Sponsor On-line raffles
Provide door prizes for regional and national meets
cover a portion of various events costs at regional and national meets

IMO, if you're a regular participant on MM.net, you'll receive far more in the way of knowledge/information gained, friendships made, etc., than you could ever possibly contribute monitarily to the site.

Go for it! :up:

Ms. Denmark
04-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Fordnut has raised the issue and my two good friends Charlie and Rex summed up all the great reasons to contribute to the site. Just getting to hang out with those 2 guys alone is worth the price of admission! LOL And the ton of other great people we've met and enjoy hanging/talking with..........priceless!!!! :beer:

justbob
04-24-2009, 12:41 PM
+a billion

ImpalaSlayer
04-24-2009, 01:11 PM
just renuewed on wed.

jdando
04-24-2009, 03:43 PM
I have my flags!

Ms. Denmark
04-24-2009, 04:04 PM
^^^^^Congrats!!!!^^^^^^^^:)