PDA

View Full Version : World's largest Crown Vic dealer

MapleLeafMerc
10-05-2003, 09:14 AM
Anyone know (or care) where?

(They introduced the Centennial Edition Crown Vic there in July)

RCSignals
10-06-2003, 12:08 AM
There was a Centennial edition Crown Vic?

yorks
10-06-2003, 05:18 AM
There was a Centennial edition of F150, Focus, Mustang and Taurus too. All black with special badging and trim level.

Dr Caleb
10-06-2003, 09:51 AM
So are you going to keep us in suspense, hoser?

joflewbyu2
10-06-2003, 10:33 AM
the 2nd largest volume dealer is here in sunny Fort Myers Florida at Scanlon L/M

MapleLeafMerc
10-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Sheesh! Not even one guess! :alone:

OK, OK:

The largest Crown Victoria dealer in the world is Al Jazirah Vehicles Agencies Co., located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. They've held the title for 6 years and recently sold their 50,000th CV.

(From fordforums.com-->Ford Worldwide News-->Ford Introduces The Long Wheelbase Crown Victoria 'Centennial Edition' in Saudi Arabia

or follow this link: http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=37444

TripleTransAm
10-06-2003, 12:30 PM
I'd like to see a photo of this beast. I wonder how different it would be from a Lincoln Town Car long wheelbase car. The reason I mention this is because the middle eastern auto market is a very bizarre version of what we get here in North America...
it might just be a badge-engineered Town Car with Crown Vic markings.

Example: I was surprised to see that, at least until last year, Chevrolet was indeed producing a RWD V8 Lumina and Caprice (I think those were the model names... there may have been an Impala in there as well). Equipped with the honest-to-goodness LS1 and VERY different looking than the models we're used to in recent years.

A little more research showed that these were, in fact, rebadged and re-trimmed Australian Holdens (Monaro, Commodore, etc.) sold as Chevrolet models in the Middle East. Happens all the time... in Sweden, one can find the occasional Chevrolet Transport for sale, which is actually a Pontiac Montana (previously Trans Sport) as we know it, but rebadged.

The auto manufacturing industry has truly become a global one...
(much to the frustration of Pontiac GTO traditionalists, it seems)

RF Overlord
10-06-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by TripleTransAm
The auto manufacturing industry has truly become a global one...
(much to the frustration of Pontiac GTO traditionalists, it seems)

Jeez, I would think the GTO boys would be HAPPY to be getting an honest-to-goodness RWD V8 after all these years...I drove a plain-jane rental-quality V6 Holden Commodore in Australia and I was quite impressed with the handling...(independent rear suspension, and all)...I have to believe the (Monaro)GTO we're getting will be a lot better...yowzah...

RF Overlord
10-06-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by TripleTransAm
it might just be a badge-engineered Town Car with Crown Vic markings.

After reading the article, it says the new stretch version is 6 inches longer, so it's most likely a standard P70 Crown Vic that is sold mostly to taxi companies...they're six inches longer than a regular P73 or P74. New York City is FULL of them...

MapleLeafMerc
10-06-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
I have to believe the (Monaro)GTO we're getting will be a lot better...yowzah...

TTA, maybe you can confirm this, but the last I heard was that we wouldn't be seeing the Monaro up here.

TripleTransAm
10-06-2003, 01:17 PM
Interesting... I didn't realize there was such a beast as a long wheelbase Crown Vic in North America at the moment.

About the GTO boys being happy with the Monaro... *sigh*
I can't understand it myself. Sure, it doesn't look like a 1964 GTO. But then again, neither did the 1968 GTO. Come to think of it, the 1967 GTO was pretty distinguishable from the '64. I can't really say a 1973 GTO looks like a 1968 or 1964. etc.etc.

They are harping on and on about the lack of hood scoops and the exhausts exiting on one side, even so petty as the fact that the engine wasn't painted Pontiac blue in honor of the original GTOs (even though there's been like 4 different Pontiac 'blues' used over the years). Speaking of lack of hood scoops... unless the rare Ram Air options were ordered, pretty much all the early GTO hood scoops were fake. So how's that for irony...

Doesn't matter that it's RWD, it's a honking V8 (hey, I have the early 'weak' 1998 version and the 13.4 quarters still exhilirate me!) with GREAT gas mileage... and it'll definitely outhandle any original issue from the 60s and 70s.

MapleLeafMerc (MLM... are you LML's evil twin?):
No we won't be getting GTOs up here. Latest word is that there are 'differences' in certification to be able to sell up here.
Bull*****!
If anything, Canadian emissions and certifications issues are LESS stringent than many US states. What it probably is, is that they'll need to fab up some bilingual stickers for cars sold up here, and they just won't make the effort for a car that will probably have a hard time selling the proposed 18000 copies.

If the GTO was around up here earlier this year, I might not have considered a Ford product. It's all about the evil you know versus the evil you don't (and boy have I gotten to know a lot of evil with my MM recently...)

Donny Carlson
10-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Methinks this isn't really a picture of the beast, but a Google search yielded a site that implied this was it.

www.ameinfo.com

:confused:

RCSignals
10-06-2003, 09:11 PM
They also have the regular WB CVs in Saudi. Also Kuwait.

One of the dealers offers a "Cobra" version