PDA

View Full Version : Does your wife or girlfriend like your Marauder?

guspech750
05-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I am curious if anyones wife or girlfriend feel like an old lady (we are 35 yrs old) driving or sitting in a "big grandpas looking car". My wife had mixed feelings. She likes the power, comfort/safety and color DTR of the car. But at times she feels awkward sort of like and old lady when driving the Marauder because its a big car and she notices a lot of guys looking at her driving it. Anyone else care to share.

This is how I feel about my Marauder everyday.....:banana::banana2:

Phrog_gunner
05-07-2009, 07:00 PM
My cousin is in her mid 30's and is always talking about how funny it is that everyone thinks shes a cop driving around. Ive never heard her say she feels old driving it and shes on her second MM.

justbob
05-07-2009, 07:04 PM
She's a hater.

Phrog_gunner
05-07-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm single so I'm not really too sure about the whole wife thing. Can you trade those in for new ones at the dealership??

Egon Spengler
05-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Traded in my Ranger for my Marauder... Girlfriend said I would miss the truck... Everytime we drove together I would romp on it and say "I still don't miss the truck"... oh yeah... and she is not my girlfriend anymore!

I found this great girl who is somewhat into cars and complimented mine when she first rode in it... she liked the gauges and the exterior look of it... she is still around! haha

n00bkiller944
05-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Everytime we drove together I would romp on it and say "I still don't miss the truck"... oh yeah... and she is not my girlfriend anymore

Did you romp on her?
:lol:

gohogs
05-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I've always said that this is the car women love to hate. Powerful, aggressive, sinister...it took 2 months before my wife would even get in it. However, after she finally got into it, her first comment was "this is really nice!" She now loves it, almost as much as I do.

BUCKWHEAT
05-07-2009, 07:31 PM
my 50-something wife is quite happy driving the MM. She lives to blow the doors off the local Camaro girly boys.

sweetair
05-07-2009, 07:34 PM
I'll just say, the wife doesn't get it. It is as simple as that.

Ms. Denmark
05-07-2009, 07:34 PM
I am a wife and it's my car. I love it!

MyTMerc
05-07-2009, 07:52 PM
My wife lets me drive my car sometimes (like today:D). She loves the car and the power to pass the Minivans. It's a matter of her perspective I guess. She could be hauling the grandkids around in a minivan or SUV, but she loves this bad looking MM.

I remember 35. I thought life was almost over at that point.... 40 :eek: "OMG" was just around the corner and that was really old. Well, I hit 50 a few weeks ago and I think I'm just hitting my stride. More Perspective, mine...

BAD FIVE O
05-07-2009, 07:53 PM
My wife owned a 01 WS6 Trans Am 6Spd and some mods but she loves the DOHC feel in the MM. She was driving back from work in the MM and a 05 or 09 Mustang GT was trying to play, so they did a 50mph pull and took it by 5 cars. Girls dig the MM.

LIGHTNIN1
05-07-2009, 08:18 PM
The girlfriend does like the car a lot and romps on it. She liked the Ford LX Sport before it.Now she says get rid of the Jag.:snoopy:

a_d_a_m
05-07-2009, 08:21 PM
I've been single for awhile.

But Sam (PantherP71)'s girlfriend saw it at our winter cruise and told him that the car was "hot" and that he needed to buy one.

Guess what he did within a couple weeks.

fastcar
05-07-2009, 08:27 PM
My wife calls the Marauder 'her car'. When I call it 'my car' she glares at me :P
When we first met I was driving an ex-cruiser, and she LOVED it. Reminded her of the Blue's Brothers. Now she's obsessed with big Fords, because it reminds her of our early days together.
THERE IS NOTHING GERIATRIC ABOUT A CRUISER OR MARAUDER!!!!!!!! Your girl friend is way off, bro.
EVERYONE stares at my car as I drive it, especially guys, and it's not because they think 'oh man, what a geriatric ride'. They stare cause they think it's such a bad-ass ride. Your girl friend is projecting her story when she sees people look. Common psychology, but she's way way off IMHO. If you aren't tinted, that could help change her mind.

fastcar:burnout:

Bluerauder
05-07-2009, 08:30 PM
I am curious if anyones wife or girlfriend feel like an old lady (we are 35 yrs old) driving or sitting in a "big grandpas looking car". My wife had mixed feelings. She likes the power, comfort/safety and color DTR of the car. But at times she feels awkward sort of like and old lady when driving the Marauder because its a big car and she notices a lot of guys looking at her driving it. Anyone else care to share.

This is how I feel about my Marauder everyday.....:banana::banana2:

Actually, quite the opposite for me. My wife is >cough< >cough< years old; but says that the MM makes her feel like 35 again. Of course, she doesn't mind riding with Grandpa anyway. ;)

sounnder
05-07-2009, 08:38 PM
My wife calls mine the Old Lady car, but she enjoys the comfort and power.

That's OK, she drives a convertable Mini Cooper S that I call the Clown Car. :)

DEFYANT
05-07-2009, 08:42 PM
My wife loves anything that gets me outta here. LOL, seriously, she likes it. Ever since our first date, she has had a thing for "the other woman". But she is afraid to drive it.

kim300a
05-07-2009, 08:46 PM
The MM at my house belongs to the woman. I drive a Duramax. She gets mad as all get out cause she cant outrun my diesel. She loves it so much I only get to drive it on special ocassions.

LOWBUCKMM
05-07-2009, 08:49 PM
i have gotten woman just cause of my car. and boy did they like the romping.

DOOM
05-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Ladies love DOOMIE :D :lovies:

MM03MOK
05-07-2009, 09:01 PM
I am a wife and it's my car. I love it!
Yep, what Ms. D said! ^^^ :D

freakstatus
05-07-2009, 09:10 PM
My wife loves the MM...but we have yet to "romp" in it though....:lol:

Georges93LX
05-07-2009, 09:41 PM
My wife loves to ride in the Marauder but won't drive it and hates the Crown Vic. She has her minivan and she drives it.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
05-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Wife appreciates the comfort but says it's an old man car

airborne_mp84
05-07-2009, 10:13 PM
my girl thinks my car looks scary and sometimes the cop car comment

Jimimac43
05-08-2009, 03:55 AM
My wife is ok with it but my girlfriend loves it!!!!!!!!LOL

MyTMerc
05-08-2009, 04:07 AM
My wife is ok with it but my girlfriend loves it!!!!!!!!LOL

Good one. I was waiting for the brave soul (read:fool) who just said "who cares":hide::D

cougar9150
05-08-2009, 04:12 AM
My wife liked it because I did. She enjoyed the comfort and power. She always enjoyed riding in it but didn't like to drive it. Too big for her she would say. She drives a G35 sedan so I can understand the feeling between the 2.

I like it better when shes doesn't like to drive my cars anyways. We are both 30 and never once did she call it an old man car. Now my 20 year old sister said that but I took for what it was a comment by a 20 year old kid. Sorry it doesn't use teriyaki sauce for gas and sound like a thousand mice farting when I stomp on it.

Hacklemerc
05-08-2009, 04:42 AM
The wife liked mine so much we bought her a DTR. She refuses to let anyone else drive it. And keeps the inside impeccably clean.

Jimimac43
05-08-2009, 04:48 AM
ROFLMAO!! My wife will kick her axe !!!! I hope she forgot about the Mexico incident!!! Yee Haaaaa. Too much caffiene!

RoyLPita
05-08-2009, 04:57 AM
My MM has outlasted any possible relationship with anyone so far.

MeadeRaudeR
05-08-2009, 05:08 AM
Wife hates it-hates Ford period. Never drove anything American until I met her, was really mad when she had to sign on the loan, she did it anyway, cuz thats what love is.......:)

Mebot
05-08-2009, 05:29 AM
My GF loves the spacious backseat!

lolz

Actually no I really think I changed the way she looks at the Marauder and big cars in general. She knows my passion for my Marauder far exceeds anything else. And she absolutely loves riding in it. I don't let her drive it though.

It's funny, because she knows I'm so obsessed with the Marauder that she will text me or call me whenever she sees another on the road. I've got her trained to look for them now! hahaha

Ken
05-08-2009, 05:32 AM
My wife of 21 years referred to it as an old man's car at the dealership before I bought it, Then was jealous of the car. Needless to say, she is history!

Ken

mossiehorn
05-08-2009, 05:51 AM
My boss lady likes her Town Car better then the MM. Loves to see the shock on the tuner boys when she leaves them at a light. By the way, her last car was a Mustang Rag Top

Marauder386
05-08-2009, 05:57 AM
The Boss is a TruckChick from Okie-Laa-Homa but likes the Marauders becaues of the ride and comfort ... and she knows where money is being spent and what/where my butt is at and doing ...

:cool4:

vkirkend
05-08-2009, 11:53 AM
When I first got the car my said "you got a Police Car!!!" She now likes the way people move over when you come up behind them. My neighbors have also made the same comment but they call my car the MURDERER!!! I love it!!!!:D

imorb1994
05-08-2009, 11:54 AM
From her mouth "I like it, Just hate that it gets more attention than me"

vkirkend
05-08-2009, 11:55 AM
My wife loves anything that gets me outta here. LOL, seriously, she likes it. Ever since our first date, she h
as had a thing for "the other woman". But she is afraid to drive it.

That sounds like a perfect situation to me;).

Paul T. Casey
05-08-2009, 12:08 PM
From her mouth "I like it, Just hate that it gets more attention than me"

Hey, bring my wife back. Mine refers to the car as my girlfriend. She's probably right. Anyone remeber the Mercury Mistress skit on SNL some years ago? I'm still looking for the "special slot."

lincolnpimp
05-08-2009, 12:13 PM
my wife HATES the car..... hates I spend money on it. and thinks Im gonna kill my self........ f-her

SID210SA
05-08-2009, 12:16 PM
My girl loves the Marauder.....she liked the way it looked from first sight.....now she wants one and askes me every week when she is getting one....she has driven mine once....and loves the power.....we go every where in the Marauder while her Impy stays home.....

TAKEDOWN
05-08-2009, 12:33 PM
My wife LOVES the car... MY CAR! She thinks MERIDEATH is hot to trot! She begs for the keys and I gotta keep a close eye on on both of them, or they'll be GONE!

Cheeseheadbob
05-08-2009, 12:44 PM
My wife refers to the Marauder as, "that f'n car..." except she does not use the afore mentioned contraction. She has been placated with an amount of jewelry equal to the tens of thousands of dollars I have spent on the f'n car! Yin and Yang in its purest form!:D

quota
05-08-2009, 01:18 PM
My girlfriend shows indifference towards my MM. She feels that there is something special but she refrains talking about it because she is not interested in cars.
On the other hand, she hates my MGM and she likes her Subaru (easy to park even on slippery surfaces...).

JP

egaray281
05-08-2009, 01:34 PM
My wife now likes the car at first she didnt because i had an expedition on 26's and got rid of it for the marauder she thought i was stupid because she thought it was a crown victoria about a month after we had it she finally drove it ,she felt da power now i cant get my keys bak and she finally realizes wat da car is cause we get a lot of attention and people always make offers to buy it and compliments when were out.

magindat
05-08-2009, 01:39 PM
The latest seat cover - oh I mean girlfriend - loves it. She's talking crap about never gettin rid of it and puttin a Papito motor in it. She keeps this up, I won't have to introduce this one to the curb.
:flamer:
Love me - love the car. Otherwise, there's the door...

dpotter
05-08-2009, 02:24 PM
My wife likes the fact that I only have 1 car to blow money on now!

She likes the big comfy interior and loves cruising in it, with me that is, she has yet to get behind the wheel. Once I get the blower installed I'm going to have her get on it in a safe place, that will be PRICELESS. She never drove any of my fast cars since she doesn't know how to drive a "car with all those pedals", her favorite term for my fun cars.

She's a wonderful mom, great girl, stunningly beautiful and put up with me for 23 years so she's a keeper.

J-MAN
05-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Never thought to ask. :shake:

RR|Suki
05-08-2009, 02:35 PM
The latest seat cover
:lol:

Never thought to ask. :shake:

Same here

Ken
05-08-2009, 05:53 PM
my wife HATES the car..... hates I spend money on it. and thinks Im gonna kill my self........ f-herSounds like a future ex-wife! :lol:

Ken

Motorhead350
05-08-2009, 06:00 PM
My girlfriend loves it and says to never get rid of it. Same with my K5. She gained 50 pounds since I met her and I wish she would leave it out of the car because it has a lot harder downshift when she rides in it.

She also pushes it when I need her to drive and smokes Vettes for me too! :burnout:

not5-0
05-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Mercury only made 11052 Marauders....God made millions of women with more scheduled for production. It makes more sense for me to keep my Marauder.:pimp:

CanadaMarauder
05-08-2009, 08:38 PM
My wife hates my car. To loud, too big and I spend too much time with it...but she does love kickin the crap out of the teenagers in dad's car when she does drive it

teamrope
05-08-2009, 11:07 PM
She has her own.

merc
05-09-2009, 04:31 AM
Pam has attended 99 percent of the Marauder events we have participated in. She has been with me to every race for the last 7 years, rain, heat , and cold weather. She saw the car at the dealership and told be to purchase the puppy in the window. I would call her the first lady of Marauder drag racing. She really deserves a Marauder of her own. :banana2::burnout:

Ken
05-09-2009, 05:28 AM
Pam has attended 99 percent of the Marauder events we have participated in. She has been with me to every race for the last 7 years, rain, heat , and cold weather. She saw the car at the dealership and told be to purchase the puppy in the window. I would call her the first lady of Marauder drag racing. She really deserves a Marauder of her own. :banana2::burnout:A Keeper!:beer:

Ken

1sexyleo
05-09-2009, 06:16 AM
Ladies love DOOMIE :D :lovies:

http://smiliesftw.com/x/roflfail.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

SC Cheesehead
05-09-2009, 06:21 AM
My wife thinks the Buesmobile is too loud and doesn't like the aggresive shift schedule of my tune, says I've "runied" my car, but she sure seems to enjoy riding in it going to meets...:D

1sexyleo
05-09-2009, 06:23 AM
My wife thinks the Buesmobile is too loud and doesn't like the aggresive shift schedule of my tune, says I've "runied" my car, but she sure seems to enjoy riding in it going to meets...:D

the harder the shifts the more i get turned on.......lol

j/k

MM03MOK
05-09-2009, 06:26 AM
My wife refers to the Marauder as, "that f'n car..." except she does not use the afore mentioned contraction. She has been placated with an amount of jewelry equal to the tens of thousands of dollars I have spent on the f'n car! Yin and Yang in its purest form!:D
You do know she will keep the act up as long as you keep plying her with her favourite bobbles, right? :D

I say Good Deal on both ends! :2thumbs:

MM03MOK
05-09-2009, 06:31 AM
Pam has attended 99 percent of the Marauder events we have participated in. She has been with me to every race for the last 7 years, rain, heat , and cold weather. She saw the car at the dealership and told be to purchase the puppy in the window. I would call her the first lady of Marauder drag racing. She really deserves a Marauder of her own. :banana2::burnout:
Yes, she is and Yes, she does! :2thumbs: :trophy:

fast dtr
05-09-2009, 06:40 AM
The wife says this is not the car she would have bought. :mad2:

Glockafella
05-09-2009, 07:00 AM
My Wife hates my car very much, she used to be a deputy sheriff and has hours of time in a crown vic, and it reminds her of it. And shes thinks its an "Old mans car" and I just bought it because its fast...lol I replied, yes, yes your right.

justbob
05-09-2009, 07:05 AM
To everyone claiming their wife says its an old man car, Take them to the track just one time, line up with with your average GT, T/A, or Camaro, and smoke um hard!
Believe me this works quite well, Then it will just be a jealousy thing from there on out like I have going on now. The time and money just kills her. At least she knows her job, checking for nicks on her side of the car everytime we leave a store!

Also my woman has a running estimate in her head of dollars to be spent on a very shiny ring and keeps telling me that she's next. But thats cool with me because as we all know are cars are never done! I hope she's good at waiting LOL.

rayjay
05-09-2009, 07:11 AM
I bought my DTR sight unseen and the wife had never seen one of any color. When she saw it she yelled "thats our CAR?" with the biggest grin on her face I've ever seen. The grin is still there 5 years later and I am strickly forbidden to even speak of selling the DTR.

Ms. Denmark
05-09-2009, 09:56 AM
I'll ride witcha any time Rex! ;)

I bought my DTR sight unseen and the wife had never seen one of any color. When she saw it she yelled "thats our CAR?" with the biggest grin on her face I've ever seen. The grin is still there 5 years later and I am strickly forbidden to even speak of selling the DTR.We loved Arleen the first time we met her!! Figured with such good taste in women, you had to be OK, Ray.:D

SC Cheesehead
05-09-2009, 11:16 AM
I'll ride witcha any time Rex! ;)
We loved Arleen the first time we met her!! Figured with such good taste in women, you had to be OK, Ray.:D

Paula, actually, I get double-teamed; my daughter tells me the car is "annoying." :cool:

E-Dubb, on the other hand often offers me to swap cars on the weekend. I like his SHO, but I don't take him up o it too often, unless he's got a hot date he's trying to impress...:D

Jimimac43
05-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Magindat, Rich, I thought you got rid of the MM.? I'm glad you are still with us.

magindat
05-09-2009, 04:51 PM
with more scheduled for production

Dave, you rock! :rock:

guspech750
05-09-2009, 05:03 PM
ahhh. gotta love women that love a marauder....... mine is coming around.

CKMustangCobra
05-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Both myself and my wife are 26.

I like the car for what it is and the wife always teases me about it. She secretly likes it but shows how she could care less.

hot-rauder
05-09-2009, 10:07 PM
My girlfriend/wife hated it when I trade the CV for it....
"Oh God, you bought another boat!!!"

Then I started it, ran her down the highway, and well.... lets say we both miss it now.... She ended up loving the car.

Thats why we got her a Mach1. She loved Mustangs so mucha nd LOVED the power of the Marauder, she had no other choice lol

Marauder M.C.
05-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Never get the old man comment, my Impala SS didn't either. Any girl that has been in it likes the car. And if they don't, too bad! I drive what I like.

Mac-MerC
05-10-2009, 06:01 PM
My girl says its clean as hell. I've talked about puttin bigger rims on it and she says i shouldnt. She claims if i did then it will be "Just another Marquis or Crown Vic on big rims"... says its classy and fast
Its not even tuned or anything yet and she is afraid to drive it cuz she see's how i push it

Vortech347
05-12-2009, 07:29 AM
She likes the back seat.

GordonB
05-12-2009, 09:27 AM
My wife got our First MM. I got the Second one. She has no problems with a Large car after getting T-Boned in her '84 Olds 98 4 dr -- it saved her life!
GordonB

Ms. Denmark
05-12-2009, 10:02 AM
My wife got our First MM. I got the Second one. She has no problems with a Large car after getting T-Boned in her '84 Olds 98 4 dr -- it saved her life!
GordonBThat's a lady with great taste! Regards to you both!;)

timfromme
05-12-2009, 10:23 PM
My girlfriend would beat me senseless if I sold "her" sparkly car.

Glockafella
05-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Went to pay my sales tax and the older lady behind the counter said, "oh! you have a very nice car!, they dont make these anymore!" I said thanks...and there is no way she could have seen it parked around the corner. She just saw the make and model on the form. I told my wife about it and that I thought she had good taste and got a nasty remark from my wife, "Cause shes old and its an old persons car" lol

Sgt.Taz
05-13-2009, 01:25 AM
The wife asked me the other day when I was going to break down and buy one.
She loves the P71 as you can see in the sig. She steals it every now and again. the last time I got a call from a friend about her drag racing him with it and winning. (fully marked squad) I fear what she would do with a marauder.
Might get some good pics out of it though! :burn:

Bradley G
05-13-2009, 04:28 AM
She will after the last payments:P

TAKEDOWN
05-13-2009, 01:33 PM
My girl says its clean as hell. I've talked about puttin bigger rims on it and she says i shouldnt. She claims if i did then it will be "Just another Marquis or Crown Vic on big rims"... says its classy and fast
Its not even tuned or anything yet and she is afraid to drive it cuz she see's how i push it

Sounds like you got a lady with good taste... put that $$$ into performance! :burnout:

Ms. Denmark
05-13-2009, 01:52 PM
I fear what she would do with a marauder.
Might get some good pics out of it though! :burn:
Be afraid! Be very afraid! LOL:burnout::burnout::burnout: :burnout:

beauimpala
05-15-2009, 11:15 PM
I am 28 and everybody including my wife calls me Grandpa

Got Diesel?
05-17-2009, 10:39 AM
I am 28 and everybody including my wife calls me Grandpa

I'm 29 and she loves it, says she feels safe in it, (compared to her Civic...Duh) she states she doesn't get tossed around on the highway with it. I've owned the car for 8 months and get nothing but positive comments on the car, never a old man statement.

Put a exhaust on it to give it a bit of "personality" and the old man persona will go away.

Sad thing is, my girl calls the Marauder "The Hot Rod"....my 10 sec mustang sits next to it in the garage....:lol:

SC Cheesehead
05-17-2009, 11:16 AM
I had Terry pick me up at the airport yesterday, asked her to bring the Marauder rather than her Escape Hybrid. First thing she said when she got out of the car was "I'd forgotten how 'peppy' this thing is! I didn't have any problems merging into traffic with it." Uhhhh, yep! :D

justbob
05-17-2009, 11:24 AM
:alone:Melanie won't drive mine anymore.

guspech750
05-17-2009, 11:59 AM
i think it is turning into a "its just a car" for her now. i guess thats better than when i had my camaro ss. she didnt like it because it was a 6 speed and not much room for the little one in the back.

vasper69
05-17-2009, 03:18 PM
First time my wife got into it, my marauder hit her with the door.

justbob
05-17-2009, 04:08 PM
First time my wife got into it, my marauder hit her with the door.
Tooooo funny mine gets wacked by the top corner of the door every time also! Just showin her to respect!

computertech
05-19-2009, 06:31 PM
We both love my MM ! :banana2:

Would'nt anybody ?