PDA

View Full Version : 04 CV LX conversion

jdenning002
05-09-2009, 09:18 AM
04 Crown Rauder conversion. My wife and I just got back from Jacksonville Florida, several weeks ago I ran across a immaculate 04 CV Sport in a light grey interior and red paint. So I called Dennis Reinhart, and said can you convert this car to DOHC in two weeks, he said sure so we dropped the car off, Dennis wife Sheila drove us to the airport, and my wife and I flew in Tuesday, and met Dennis Wednesday, he dyno tuned the car while I was there, it made about 423.10 RWHP and 396.68 RWT. Dennis and his crew installed a DOHC Marauder motor 4R75 W with a PI 3000 stall, Kooks LTH. I wanted it quiet so kept the stock mufflers, installed a pro guard skid plate Mezerie electric water pump, GT fuel pump 39 lb injectors, a Novi 1200 polished and a 90MM LM, They color matched a Marauder guage pod and installed that down in front of the shifter. Steve installed a positrack rear-end with 373 gears, I also had them install a new set of the Ford Racing valve covers, they also resealed the entire motor, new front timing cover gaskets, new oil pan gasket, along with a new lower ball joint.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/johndenning04cv.JPG

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=goodthingscatered&target=ALBUM&id=5333590228223089953&authkey=Gv1sRgCNXwkKrSsbulfA&authkey=Gv1sRgCNXwkKrSsbulfA&feat=email (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=goodthingscatered&target=ALBUM&id=5333590228223089953&authkey=Gv1sRgCNXwkKrSsbulfA&authkey=Gv1sRgCNXwkKrSsbulfA&feat=email)

sanco
05-09-2009, 09:21 AM
very nice, i need to drop something like that in my vic

W4LTD
05-09-2009, 09:44 AM
For the amount you probably paid DR, you could have just bought a used Marauder...

justbob
05-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Holy money spent!

imorb1994
05-09-2009, 09:49 AM
For the amount you probably paid DR, you could have just bought a used Marauder...
+1
But hey its your money to waste.

justbob
05-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Building a American car is never a waste:) But just like my Rauder, many others just don't get it. Happy motoring, I hope its everything you wanted and more.

Dennis Reinhart
05-09-2009, 10:00 AM
+1
But hey its your money to waste.

In the first place he waisted nothing, he got one hell of a deal on this CV, so he could afford the upgrades, there was a time on this site when people took pride in posting up the modifications to there car, I now see why this is a dwindling trend, John has a unique car, this is what he wanted, he also had upgraded shocks and struts front and rear sway bars, and Metco control arms installed. The car runs perfect with a 11.5 AF. I think the car looks great he is going to post more pictures after a detail. I hope those are not ridiculed as well.

imorb1994
05-09-2009, 10:10 AM
In the first place he waisted nothing, he got one hell of a deal on this CV, so he could afford the upgrades, there was a time on this site when people took pride in posting up the modifications to there car, I now see why this is a dwindling trend, John has a unique car, this is what he wanted, he also had upgraded shocks and struts front and rear sway bars, and Metco control arms installed. The car runs perfect with a 11.5 AF. I think the car looks great he is going to post more pictures after a detail. I hope those are not ridiculed as well.

Wasted?????anyway. I did not realize this was CV.net I am sorry Dennis

FrankJAG
05-09-2009, 10:16 AM
A sleeper. I like it!

gdmjoe
05-09-2009, 10:56 AM
imorb1994 ... I did not realize this was CV.net ...
OK, so maybe jdenning002 posted in the incorrect forum, HOWEVER, cut him some slack.

Heysus Christe, it's still a far cry from a 10year old P71 owned by an 18year old.

Talk about ... "Allowing the immature ones to be keyboard commandos"
http://www.geocities.com/gdmjoe/nonono.gif

sanco
05-09-2009, 11:18 AM
wow some of you need to stop being such douche bags. the guy did something he obviously wanted to do to his car and he did it right. how bout some respect for what the OP did

lincolnpimp
05-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I love sleepers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

a_d_a_m
05-09-2009, 11:24 AM
I've thought of doing similar mods to my Marquis when it's paid off or if/when the 2V blows up.

423rwhp...some of the naysayers better run for cover! Nice whip.

BAD MERC
05-09-2009, 11:26 AM

THANK YOU.... :shake:

SC Cheesehead
05-09-2009, 11:27 AM

A sleeper. I like it!

OK, so maybe jdenning002 posted in the incorrect forum, HOWEVER, cut him some slack.

Heysus Christe, it's still a far cry from a 10year old P71 owned by an 18year old.

Talk about ... "Allowing the immature ones to be keyboard commandos"

I gotta agree with you, this is a nice looking car, and if the photos do the car justice, a nice install. Congrats to jdenning, and :2thumbs: to Dennis!

For the folks out there that think only Marauders can run strong on 4V motors, you maybe oughta check out johnkuhn's GM.....:burnout:

FrankJAG
05-09-2009, 11:51 AM
It's the man's money; he can do what he likes. Whether you like it or not.
As the old saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say keep your silence.
A little manners and diplomacy goes a long way; something that seems to be lost in today's society. /rant lol

Mac-MerC
05-09-2009, 12:08 PM
A bunch of Haters on this site

imorb1994
05-09-2009, 12:09 PM
I will take my replys to PM so this trhead is not DiRtied further by me.

It is a awesome car i will give it that. Those that recieved PM's see my point on what I posted.

johnnyrauder
05-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Ok how much $$$$$$$$$$$

scruff
05-09-2009, 01:05 PM
My guess would be in the 10-12 grand range? I hope he got the car pretty cheap. anyway you look at it its an original thats for shure

O's Fan Rich
05-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Awesome.

Funstuff right there....

Now if this was CVN..... you'd need a push bar... wig-wags... interceptor badging... spot light....cage divider..... and a fake badge from Wally World....... lol....

DJCV
05-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Heysus Christe, it's still a far cry from a 10year old P71 owned by an 18year old....

x2
(LOL)

I really like that it's a sleeper...that'll blow the doors off most others.

whd507
05-09-2009, 01:12 PM
That is sweet, and exactly what I would do if I could and were in his position.

anyway, I have a DOHC question. I have access to a wrecked FWD continental with a good running 4.6 DOHC in it. does it have all the required bosses and such to mount in a CV/GM? I realize that I would need headers, or marauder manifolds, intake, valve covers etc, but is the long block usable? its a 1996.

Thanks

jdenning002
05-09-2009, 03:05 PM
By the way, I do have an 04 MM that I have had for 4 years... I like the CV trim better and the DTR color...

Dennis really did an amazing job and the car is exactly what I want.

I am really surprised that anyone has a problem with someone elses car and choices. I thought everyone here would appreciate my post.

Also, as far as cost, Dennis was more than fair. I had 2 quotes for the job locally here in MD one for about a grand less and one a bit higher than Dennis but I chose to have him do the job because I know I can trust him and he really knows these cars. I am very pleased that I took the car to him, the 800 mile trip each way was well worth it... No issues with the car at all.

Thanks again Dennis!

ChiTownMaraud3r
05-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I appreciate you sharing your awesome CV with us. It looks like a ride that would be a hell of a dd. This is the beauty of having CVs so easily accessible, that we can build into similar machines as Marauders, as the they get harder to find.

What is with people being dicks about what or how someone modifies their cars, or even what they are posting here?? Or just being negative altogether? This site has really gone downhill over the past couple of years..:shake:

jdenning002
05-09-2009, 07:32 PM
A bunch of Haters on this site

This is still a very good site.

LIGHTNIN1
05-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Its your money,do what you want.Sounds like a back breaking ride.

Spectragod
05-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Now THAT is what hot rodding is all about. It looks absolutley awesome. I can say that would be a mod I would seriously consider for my LX Sport, love the car, hate the lack of power, but, my MM makes up for it.

Three thumbs up, that is a great sleeper, thanks for sharing, feel free to post up some more shots of it.

PhastPhil
05-09-2009, 08:29 PM
I absolutely love the car! But I also have a near twin to it. I would do the same if I could. I like it just because it's different, and a sleeper !

I wish you lots of fun with it ! !

bigjon
05-09-2009, 09:24 PM
nice job with the newly upgraded ride! you are a very lucky man. :)

LOWBUCKMM
05-09-2009, 10:06 PM
that is a very sweet vic. and im sure dennis and his guys did a hell of a job doing it. and in two weeks at that. thumbs up to dennis and to you for the sweet ride.

FordNut
05-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Nice conversion. I'd say you picked the right place to have it done, too.

The CV Sport is pretty hard to find these days. I searched for months to find one in good shape and priced right, finally got one a couple of months ago. It's for my Mom, she likes the Marauder but doesn't want to buy premium gas.

Vortex
05-10-2009, 06:44 AM
Very nice car!

Stranger in the Black Sedan
05-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Regular crown vic and GM's, blah.

Crown vic hopped up and done right, that I can appreciate even though my first reaction was, just buy an MM? But maybe he wanted a fast CV and not a fast MM. That is allowable!

Steve

BirchMarauder
05-10-2009, 07:46 AM
some people just like to work on their cars and money isn't even a second thought.

Dennis Reinhart
05-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Nice conversion. I'd say you picked the right place to have it done, too.

The CV Sport is pretty hard to find these days. I searched for months to find one in godd shape and priced right, finally got one a couple of months ago. It's for my Mom, she likes the Marauder but doesn't want to buy premium gas.

Thank you Brian, John is going to get the car detailed and post pictures of the interior as well, the car just devistates the tires from a dead stop.

ctrlraven
05-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Kick butt man, when can I borrow it? lol

limostudd
05-10-2009, 09:34 PM
great car hope you have some fun with i would like to do this to a crown vic also but have 5 or 6 spd in what fun that would be enjoy it

Sgt.Taz
05-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Awesome work! I think all those that knock it wish they could pull it off! Just because you don't have the funds (like me) don't mean you should be a critic about it. Mine is a wanna-be Marauder....but that's the fun of these cars. swappable parts and you can take what you like about one model and incorporate it into another. True American ingenuity. Can't wait to see the rest of those pics.

rumble
05-11-2009, 07:01 AM
Holy money spent!

No foul but that's what I heard when I dropped a V8 in a 29 Model A.

that's what were all about, power and a little individualism.

Georges93LX
05-11-2009, 07:37 AM
great car hope you have some fun with i would like to do this to a crown vic also but have 5 or 6 spd in what fun that would be enjoy it

Free spirited thinking is what cars are all about. That's what I did and I have the best of both worlds. Great job and very impressive.:up:

Cheeseheadbob
05-11-2009, 08:31 AM
+1 on the awesome. If the guy wants a scary fast CV, why not? He can spend his money any way he wants to and pursue any modification avenue he chooses. The more unique, the better. As for the wannabes on CVN, Rich, you forgot the laptop mount and the cop radio/scanner... don't get me started...:mad2:
Awesome.

Funstuff right there....

Now if this was CVN..... you'd need a push bar... wig-wags... interceptor badging... spot light....cage divider..... and a fake badge from Wally World....... lol....

Eric91Z
05-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Very nice car and nice work, Dennis!

You know, if you already have a Marauder and like the body and size, but don't want a Marauder as a daily driver (just to keep it nice, etc), then this is a great route to go.

I would love to have that setup in my CVPI - power of a blown Marauder, but don't have to worry about things happening to it as a daily driver...

Again, nice car you have there.

Pops
05-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Why not! They are fun conversions. Ask how I know about it. I am for it. Great job and have fun with her.;)

Dennis Reinhart
05-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Very nice car and nice work, Dennis!

You know, if you already have a Marauder and like the body and size, but don't want a Marauder as a daily driver (just to keep it nice, etc), then this is a great route to go.

I would love to have that setup in my CVPI - power of a blown Marauder, but don't have to worry about things happening to it as a daily driver...

Again, nice car you have there.

Thank you Eric, this means a lot to me as well.

Eric91Z
05-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Thank you Eric, this means a lot to me as well.

Oh, I am sure I will be contacting you some day for a supercharger for my Vic, although probably keeping the SOHC motor.

vkirkend
05-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Kick butt man, when can I borrow it? lol

I got next!!!!!:burnout: