PDA

View Full Version : At your service?

W4LTD
05-14-2009, 04:24 AM
I was confused when I heard the word 'service' used with these agencies.
Internal Revenue 'Service'
U.S. Postal 'Service'
Telephone 'Service'
Cable TV 'Service'
Civil 'Service'
State, City, County & Public 'Service'
Customer 'Service'
This is not what I thought 'service' meant.
But today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he
had hired a bull to 'service' a few cows.
BAM!!! It all came into focus.
Now I understand what all those agencies are doing to us.

vkirkend
05-14-2009, 04:58 AM
U.S. Postal 'Service'
Telephone 'Service'
Cable TV 'Service'
Civil 'Service'
Customer 'Service'

:lol::argue:

DTRMiguel
05-14-2009, 05:01 AM
U.S. Postal 'Service'
Telephone 'Service'
Cable TV 'Service'
Civil 'Service'
Customer 'Service'

:lol: thats a good one. Ill have to share it :D

justbob
05-14-2009, 05:33 AM
Nice, I knew you were getting to something!

DOOM
05-14-2009, 08:20 AM
FTW!
:rofl:

SILVERSURFER03
05-14-2009, 08:33 AM
funny no really funny

musclemerc
05-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Just when i thought you were going nowhere with this and BAM!!! :lol:

Vortex
05-15-2009, 05:51 AM
I hear all the time folks railing against public service but I rarely hear those same folks proposing alternatives. There are lots of people busting their asses in public service 24 hours a day, seven days a week both domestically and in all the corners of the globe. There are some crooks, some bad apples but for the most part its been my experience the majority of public servants are working hard to do a job nobody else particularly wants to do.

W4LTD
05-15-2009, 05:55 AM
I hear all the time folks railing against public service but I rarely hear those same folks proposing alternatives. There are lots of people busting their asses in public service 24 hours a day, seven days a week both domestically and in all the corners of the globe. There are some crooks, some bad apples but for the most part its been my experience the majority of public servants are working hard to do a job nobody else particularly wants to do.

I have NOTHING against "Public Servants", as I was one for 15 years until I was injured ILOD... It was simply a joke. ;)

Hotrauder
05-15-2009, 07:40 AM

If you are one of those you describe, congratulations and be proud. As for the rest, and we deal everyday with some of them; I find more credibility with Rich's take. I and many others have an alternative. Have had a better idea for years. Read the constitution, return government to the founding documents. Return to States rights and get the Fn Federal giant octopus out of our everyday lives. There is nothing the government does that is efficient, cost effective or very productive. The current financial mess of the globe is a classic example of government sponsored melt down and bumbling fumbling lame half thought out efforts to FIX the business cycle and cover up the complicity of government in creating the problem in the first place. Sorry, I am old and tired of the stupidity and very frightened that it is only going to get worse. Dennis