PDA

View Full Version : List of Chrysler dealer closures(if you care)

MERCMAN
05-14-2009, 02:55 PM
http://media2.wishtv.com/_local/pdf/ChryslerList.pdf

FrankJAG
05-14-2009, 03:00 PM
I do care. My wife just found out her job and 150 others are gone after the 8th.
All the Archer Chrysler products are kaput. All the techs and office staff were laid off this afternoon.
Sucks!

Bluerauder
05-14-2009, 03:06 PM
I do care. My wife just found out her job and 150 others are gone after the 8th.
All the Archer Chrysler products are kaput. All the techs and office staff were laid off this afternoon.
Sucks!
Sorry to hear ^^^^^ this news. Dayum .... that is about 800 dealerships. Lots of lost jobs.

Pops
05-14-2009, 03:42 PM
We should all care about this. It will create a lot of hardships around the country and is going to destroy lives! This not good and will affect all of us. With GM announing cuts on Friday you can bet Ford will not be far behind. It is going to create commercial real estate havoc as all this places go out of business. We should all be worried.:depress:

BAD MERC
05-14-2009, 03:52 PM
This will not help folks!!!!!!!!!

justbob
05-14-2009, 04:01 PM
This worries the hell out of me. That was 40 pages of famillies now unemployed.

jdando
05-14-2009, 04:23 PM
In MN it was about 15 outstate dealers in smaller rural towns. I was surprised to see two of the better known dealerships in the Twin Cites getting closed.

Definitely not good news for the employees and their families.

Dennis Reinhart
05-14-2009, 04:39 PM

It is just awful, 1/4 of ALL dealers in the USA think of the trickle down effect this will have.

FastMerc
05-14-2009, 04:56 PM
You can thank all those who bought the cheap imports!

Marauder M.C.
05-14-2009, 04:57 PM
I used to work for one of those dealers on the list! Its a good thing I moved on from there! Thats a lot of lost jobs.

LIGHTNIN1
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM
A very sad day for America and all who will lose jobs because of this.:(

SC Cheesehead
05-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Lots of smaller dealerships, but as I scanned through the list I also noticed some names that were pretty well-known, large dealerships in the Midwest, back when I was a kid. Sad. :shake:

gmtech
05-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Our dealer recieved our letter stating ww will stay open:D

justbob
05-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Count your blessings!

FordNut
05-14-2009, 05:50 PM
A sad day for America.

offroadkarter
05-14-2009, 05:52 PM

Thats because most new chrysler and GM products suck

Bluerauder
05-14-2009, 05:57 PM
+1. ^^^^ I am proud to say that I have NEVER owned anything other than domestic brands from the Big 3 or D3 or whatever we are calling it now. I have always liked and driven good ole American Iron.

RF Overlord
05-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Thats because most new chrysler and GM products suckWay to show support... :shake:

Pops
05-14-2009, 06:51 PM

What are you going to say when Ford does the closings! They will be coming also. It is time to show some sympathy to those who are losing there jobs! This is going to make it harder for you as you enter the job market.:shake:

FrankJAG
05-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Nice comment you jerk. I'll make sure to let the bill collectors know that as we collect measly unemployment, try to stay in our home and keep everyone fed.

sconut1
05-14-2009, 09:34 PM
This truly is bad news. People out of jobs, because a major group of society just can't seem to understand that when you buy foriegn made goods, you're taking the meal out of a fellow North Ameriican's mouth.

Zenith (the company) is gone, Philco is gone, Westinghouse is gone, Electrohome (the comapany) is gone, all large North American companies a few years ago. IBM no longer makes desktop or laptop computers.... that division was sold to a Chinese company (Lenovo). Chrysler and GM are on death's door.

Hope that select group I mentioned before is enjoying watching their new Samsung TVs they brought home in their Toyota vans while cashing their welfare checks. That group needs to figure this out fast before we all end up out of work watching Asia become rich on our dime. I start feeling sick everytime I think about this.

ChiTownMaraud3r
05-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Horrible.

I wonder why 2 dealers in my vicinity are listed in there but have the incorrect dealer address listed.

Pat
05-15-2009, 02:19 AM
Both of our dealerships are OK (this time), but the one in a small community south of us is closing.

Nothing but bad economic news on the telly and INTERNET, yet our local gambling boats and horse race track seem to be doing OK (five boats and one track).

New homes, upscale mostly, are still being built and sold, restaurants are busy, grocery prices are rising very fast and of course gasoline prices are going up, it's $2.41 for 93 octane here (Chevron).

Some chain retain stores closed or cut back in their outlets.

Bruce Springsteen had it right in his song "My Hometown".

Bluerauder
05-15-2009, 04:04 AM
Two out of the three Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealerships in my county got the axe. :eek: GM is supposed to make a similar announcement today. :(

FastMerc
05-15-2009, 05:17 AM
All but one in the county are gone near me... Sad!

n3fvg
05-15-2009, 05:40 AM

Amen brother! AMEN!!

vkirkend
05-15-2009, 05:47 AM
+1. ^^^^ I am proud to say that I have NEVER owned anything other than domestic brands from the Big 3 or D3 or whatever we are calling it now. I have always liked and driven good ole American Iron.

While I have followed suit with you (Because I also was a union worker many years ago), the Big "3" have not done themselves any favors producing inferior products and ONLY improving quality after they lost significant market share. And the customer service has not improved to the level it should be at or they would be retaining more customers than they do. In a free enterprise system the best "mouse trap" wins and the Big 3 have been making crappy "mousetraps". I hope they turn things around because Americans are suffering because Corporate greed came before quality. I am still having problems with getting warranty work done on my Ram.:(:confused::mad2:

Eric91Z
05-15-2009, 06:20 AM
Good portion of the Iowa Chrysler dealerships are gone, including one of the highest volume ones right here in the Capital city - Des Moines. And that was the only Chrysler dealership in town...

BAD MERC
05-15-2009, 06:27 AM
We already lost Gulf Coast Dodge in Fort Myers - they moved in with Galeana Chrysler/Jeep/Kia. But, now they are closing Bob Taylor Chrysler/Jeep in Naples (about 30 minutes away). They talked about that on the news last night - Bob Taylor sold about 300 vehicles in ALL of 2008. Pretty slim sales but yes - the imports take a huge bite. So far I have not seen a single overseas dealer close here yet. In fact - they built new bigger and fancier places. Right now when I see Toyota and Nissan commercials I wanna vomit.

W4LTD
05-15-2009, 06:34 AM
It's a shame that due [primarily] to Corporate and Union greed, all these families are losing their jobs -- and the "big-wigs" will still be wealthy in the end!:shake:

justbob
05-15-2009, 07:31 AM
As I am currently on unemployment, let me tell you it changes your whole view on what you need and what you want. This economy still hasn't affected many many Americans thank god, but I hope the ones that have a job start sucking up and giving extra, because you DO NOT want to be where the rest of us are right now.

Pops
05-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Bob you are so right with this. People need to be very aware of what is facing this country. No job is safe these days! I am concened with the outcome of all this as I think we are creating some very serious problems for the future.

Bigdogjim
05-15-2009, 07:39 AM
The State of Pa. is loosing the most Dealerships. (53 I think)

LIGHTNIN1
05-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Unemployment is a very lonely place to be as I was there 5 times during 80's. I think this does create big longtime problems for the future. With the government and politics involved we are in for a painful result.:help:

FrankJAG
05-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Brings a whole new meaning to "Buy American!" or we'll all be living under bridges.

WESTTXPATRIOT
05-15-2009, 10:18 AM
definitely care. I know couple of folks who work at various chrysler dealerships and they were already hurting before this annoucement came so hopefully it works out for all(everybody in the country) and they are able to recover quickly from this.

jerrym3
05-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Unfortunately, as we all know, buying American doesn't mean that the vehicle was even made here.

Nobody is without blame in this economic mess. From the greedy executives, the too strong unions, shareholders demanding exorbitant returns, buyers taking on more and more debt to "keep up with the Jones' ", politicians whose main goal is re-election, to the nutjobs on the left and right news channels, on and on and on.

How can we ever become the country we once were when our kids can't find decent jobs and our companies outsource everything they can to cut costs and they still can't stay afloat?

Wish I had an answer.

FastMerc
05-15-2009, 06:44 PM
It started back when they let the imports flood the market,before they were even being built here.The big three and the unions should have stood together and SLAMMED the door on them,and the idiots in washington!When this country was self sufficient we were better off as a country and everybody had a job.Myself and my relatives never bought any auto that supports any Asian country.There was family killed at Pearl Dec 7th.The family feels very strongly about what has happened to this country and how we have been sold out to the Asian market. As I recall old man Tucker said in a court room God forbid we start buying cars made by ASIANS!I feel very sad about what is happening to the thousands of working American families now...

Bluerauder
05-15-2009, 07:11 PM
GM announced 1,100 dealership closures today. Haven't seen that list yet. That's almost 2,000 dealerships and an estimated 100,000 jobs lost in the past couple days. Wow !!!

FrankJAG
05-15-2009, 07:13 PM
So much for the promise of creating and saving jobs.

LIGHTNIN1
05-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Brings a whole new meaning to "Buy American!" or we'll all be living under bridges.
I've been checking out bridges as I have been riding around the last couple months. They're all crumbling so will need to invest in a good hardhat.

Ezbok58a
05-15-2009, 07:43 PM

That's a fairly idiotic comment to make...

I'm sure all those people weren't driven away by the idiotic salesmen, the greedy owners and the downright lousy vehicles and quality Chrysler has been at since 2002...

You don't see Import dealers charging over MSRP for new cars, you don't see them applying the slick and idiotic sales tactics to try and get you buy now.

The only issue here is that the list of dealers is clearly at Random... like they just threw darts at a map and whichever dealership they hit gets cut.

Henry I.
05-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Hi, just bought 03 marauder monday 6969 miles, never seen the rain til yesterday p.m. sitting in driveway.Love it! Anyway looking for torque specs. lugnuts, also would like to find chiltons,haynes,etc. service manual. Thanx Henry I.

justbob
05-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Ummmmmm, yea, you might want to try posting a new thread, oh and welcome.

LSp8
05-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Very Sad, fortunately 2 of the CJD dealers near me are doing ok, and I think Chrysler's vehicles have improved a great deal past few years, but the effort is too late. We should've had RWD cars produced by these guys 10 years ago (excluding Viper) instead of trying to be something they were not. Economical. It sucks and it seems as there is no light at the end of this tunnel. Thank over half of the American's for that one, import buying sell outs.

justbob
05-15-2009, 09:10 PM
I think i'm gonna go let the air out of my neighbors THREE toyotas tonight. Actually perhaps I should hold off untill ALL of us can do that. Think they will get it? A nationwide bleed the air out party! How refeshing that would be to only see AMERICAN cars on the road the next morning! Not damage them, just simply "borrow" the valve stems. Then and only then would I actually want to see the news!

Shora
05-15-2009, 09:35 PM
I think i'm gonna go let the air out of my neighbors THREE toyotas tonight. Actually perhaps I should hold off untill ALL of us can do that. Think they will get it? A nationwide bleed the air out party! How refeshing that would be to only see AMERICAN cars on the road the next morning! Not damage them, just simply "borrow" the valve stems. Then and only then would I actually want to see the news!

Now "THAT" will make them think they made the wrong decision(s) and start buying from the D3.

Yup.

W4LTD
05-16-2009, 12:01 AM

Great idea! Then they'd have to go out and buy new valve stems, oh wait, but they're made in China...:rolleyes:

Aren Jay
05-16-2009, 12:32 AM
.............................. ..............

Dr Caleb
05-16-2009, 11:05 AM
.............................. ..............

+1 I whole heartedly agree.

Taemian
05-16-2009, 12:24 PM
http://www.news1130.com/news/more.jsp?content=20090514_1805 27_8992&page=1

No closures here in Canada. Seems strange to me, though. We have 3 Chrysler dealerships within a 2 mile strip!?

So what are the chances the closing dealers/employees will blow stock out the door? Like a new SRT anything for a waaaaay low price? What is the dealership or parent corperation gonna do, fire them???

This is a serious question!

FrankJAG
05-16-2009, 01:16 PM
That stock is technically owned by the dealer, after the 8th whatever is left over the dealers are FORCED to buy.
They got screwed big time by Chrysler.

Basically what they are doing at Archer is cut them to the bone and put the prices on the windshield. The sales folks are basically taking orders, no haggling what you see is what you get.

a_d_a_m
05-16-2009, 01:30 PM
The two closest to me appear to be staying open.

Still, it sucks.

Ms. Denmark
05-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Just cruising and found this thread. Clayton/Amerman in Peapack NJ is one of the oldest dealerships in the country, of any brand. They are very tiny, I'd say they only sell 5-10 cars a week, who knows for sure but its sad to see the real old time places fade away. Mr Man

FordNut
05-18-2009, 03:52 AM
When Chrysler becomes Fiat, would you still be buying American if you get one?

SC Cheesehead
05-18-2009, 04:32 AM
When Chrysler becomes Fiat, would you still be buying American if you get one?

+1

That's a big part of this whole deal, Brian. There's no such thing as an AMERICAN car anymore. For that matter, can we call a Honda built in Ohio, or a Toyota built in Tennessess a JAPANESE car? We're in a global economy now, and IMO, figuring out how we can effectively compete in the world market is the real issue at hand.

Dr Caleb
05-18-2009, 10:16 AM
+1

That's a big part of this whole deal, Brian. There's no such thing as an AMERICAN car anymore. For that matter, can we call a Honda built in Ohio, or a Toyota built in Tennessess a JAPANESE car? We're in a global economy now, and IMO, figuring out how we can effectively compete in the world market is the real issue at hand.

+10

Car plants create JOBS. Especially the down market stuff, like the company that produces door handles, or the local grocery store cashier etc.

GM makes cars in America, Europe, Africa, Asia . . .and the profit 'leave' and go somewhere else. Guess where? To the Stockholders. Anyone can buy stock in GM, Ford, Chrysler etc. If anyone is worried about the profit leaving the country, buy stock to keep it in your country.

Aren Jay
05-18-2009, 10:19 AM

SC Cheesehead
05-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Ford is an American company that owns the Swedish car company, Volvo, which are made in Belgium. What Nationality is a new C30?

Good point!

Amswegium? ;)

Dr Caleb
05-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Ford is an American company that owns the Swedish car company, Volvo, which are made in Belgium. What Nationality is a new C30?

The Ford Genk has parts made in India, is assembled in Belgium, but most of the interior is produced by Magna Steyr in Austria. Magna Steyr is the European branch of the Canadian Company, Magna International, which built most of the interior of the Marauder.

There is a read headed bastard stepchild if I ever saw one. ;)

SC Cheesehead
05-18-2009, 10:59 AM
The Ford Genk has parts made in India, is assembled in Belgium, but most of the interior is produced by Magna Steyr in Austria. Magna Steyr is the European branch of the Canadian Company, Magna International, which built most of the interior of the Marauder.

There is a read headed bastard stepchild if I ever saw one. ;)

An Inbelaustada car? I'm getting so confused....:coolman:

jerrym3
05-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Even back in the 60's, when I worked in a Ford Parts depot, there were many parts stamped or labled "made in Canada".

In the 40's/50's, Ford had an assembly plant that was located on a NJ pier that extended into the Hudson River. (It's all condos now.)

Then they closed that plant and opened up a huge plant in Mahwah, NJ.

Then they closed that plant and the site became a big Japanese corporate center.

Many companies with decent paying union (Alcoa, Hills Brothers, Lever Brothers, etc) jobs were located along the Jersey/Hudson River shoreline, but they've all been closed over the years and replaced with condos and malls.

ledzilla
05-18-2009, 05:10 PM

That would be fun. hehe My neighbors on both sides have any variety of imports, which is actually outside the norm for my neighborhood. Most folks around me have either domestic or European models (one guy still drives a beat-to-hell early 80's Suburban along with a mid-90's Town Car).

As for the economic situation of the Big 3, GM and Chrysler did have it coming. Their quality was far from what it had to be and they did a poor job of listening to what consumers wanted, especially GM. Ford will weather this storm and come out ok. They may have still had a large loss in the first quarter of this year, but it was much less than their losses in the last quarter of '08.

Oh, and I might add, that the UAW really caused a problem. GM was negotiating with them in order to stay afloat, and those union-mafia jerks wouldn't budge. Apparently as long as they got whatever they wanted while GM was still standing they didn't care if it caused company failure.

Oh well, a lot of people were at fault for this situation, using a nice mix of stupidity, indifference, and greed. Either way you look at it, all major auto makers have a global market and influence, and there will be a global inpact if any one of them fails.

*steps down from the soap box, and waits for the tomatos*

justbob
05-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Sorry Mike but I do need to ask, would you take half pay with never going back, to do the very same job you have been doing?

I wouldn't, must be the union in me.

ledzilla
05-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Bob, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against unions. I used to be a union worker and appreciated what they did for all us working stiffs. All I was saying is that from what I gathered the UAW wasn't budging on anything at all. Of course, it's entirely possible that I was being me and didn't completely pay attention to the information being presented, or I fell victim to biased media. I know both have happened to me.

You know what, let's just go around sabotaging Hondas and Toyotas and call it a day. I think that's something we can all enjoy.

justbob
05-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Sounds good to me, when do we start?:beer:

ledzilla
05-18-2009, 06:25 PM
As soon as we can throw together a posse and commandeer a full keg. :D

FrankJAG
05-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Lets see the dealers (who cost chrysler nothing) get nothing but the shaft by being shut down. But the union folks get a sweet deal and a free car to boot.
All the Chrysler owned stores (that cost them $ to operate) are still open.
Oh and to add insult, any remaining inventory after the 8th has to be purchased by the dealer.
Yea that makes lots of sense! Who got the kiss and who got the shaft?

LIGHTNIN1
05-18-2009, 07:54 PM
The brain trust that came up with the dealer closing idea and to slash advertising expenditures by 50% should be on posters inside the post office.Also when was the last time anyone saw a good Fiat?:shake:

Pops
05-19-2009, 05:32 AM
The brain trust that came up with the dealer closing idea and to slash advertising expenditures by 50% should be on posters inside the post office.Also when was the last time anyone saw a good Fiat?:shake:

It was the goverment people who slashed the ad money by 50%.

DOOM
05-19-2009, 05:59 AM

:agree:
___

jerrym3
05-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Entered my 64 Galaxie in a carshow last Sunday. First time in two years.

Walking around the show, it was hard to believe that an industry that once made cars like those on display may soon be gone.

Being realistic, the cars looked great, but quality back then was nowhere near today's standards. (If my Galaxie wasn't a convertible with an "X" member frame, the car would have been junked long ago due to chassis rot.) But, they all looked great, and you could actually tell a Ford from a GM from a Mopar.

Interesting comments from two lookers, both looking for 64 Galaxies. One knows a couple about to be married, and they want to ride to the church/reception in an old Galaxie. The other represents a local chief of police who is going to have a special reception for years of service. He also wants to ride to the reception with his wife in a 64 Galaxie.

Also interesting to note that the real old cars (20's,30's) don't get much of a draw, which is understandable as the folks that owned those cars have passed away.

Wonder if there will be any old car shows 30 years from now?

n00bkiller944
05-19-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure why you guys say its the people who buy imports faults... My family used to buy GM, until we couldn't stand their *****yness anymore. When the tranny on our Malibu died for the second time with under 75k on on the car and being tired of the time and money spent we bought a toyota that ran until 120k on the original tranny when we sold it. That being said i would buy a ford any day, but GM has scared my parents away from American cars for good.

CBT
05-19-2009, 05:40 PM
I drove by Grafton Dodge on Saturday night, it's been around for 83 years. Sad news.

guspech750
05-19-2009, 06:01 PM
all i know is my 1986 thunderbird turbo coupe 5spd, 1993 probe gt 5spd, 1994 grand am gt auto, 1989 firebird formula 5spd, 1997 camaro ss 6spd, 1992 beretta gtz 5sdp, and my 2004 marauder and my current daily *****er 1986 buick somerset (even though the buick is pretty homoerotic) have all been very good to me. the beretta gtz dohc head cracked at 120k+/- ended up just donating that. my wifes oldsmobile alero was excellent and our 1999 jeep grand cherroke v8 has been and still is awesome 115k and counting. i think gm, ford, and chrysler all have some really great products and technology on the road on in the labs, (and i believe gm may even offer more fuel effecient cars/models than any auto manufacture) but it is mostly the people running the companies that are running them into the ground. just look around and take a look at companies and any kind that have been and are mismanaged, but have a very good or great product. thats just my 2 cents:D