PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte, SC Anyone?

W4LTD
05-15-2009, 07:05 AM
I just got word that my brother is going to be in Charlotte next week (on business), so I plan on taking the 8-hour trek up to visit him.

Can anyone suggest some things to see or do for the week while we're there?

Marauderman
05-15-2009, 09:09 AM
I just got word that my brother is going to be in Charlotte next week (on business), so I plan on taking the 8-hour trek up to visit him.

Can anyone suggest some things to see or do for the week while we're there?

I'll be off all next week working around the house......It is RACE Month here in Charlotte,NC this month.........it wil be the up coming 50th anniversary of the 600 at Lowes Motor Speadway for NASCAR........you could stop by the track and visit all the vendor race shop trailers----a lot of folks will be there.

I'll check around on what other may be going on--usually that is the thing at this time of year......maybe we can meet for a spell..........Tom

W4LTD
05-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Sounds great Tom, I'll let you know when I'll be there for sure... :beer:

SC Cheesehead
05-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Ummmmm, there's Naughty School Girl Night at the Iron Thunder Saloon, but Tom's the wrong guy to ask about that. DOK on the other hand.....:D

Marauderman
05-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Ummmmm, there's Naughty School Girl Night at the Iron Thunder Saloon, but Tom's the wrong guy to ask about that. DOK on the other hand.....:D

Just can't let it go ....:(. every chance ya get.....Boom!....throw it out there.......someday...someday. ....I'll have my chance....you make a simple slip...then.... ..Boom! I'll get ya!!! :lol:

But I'll keep that place in mind---.........I may just check it out ahead of time....with them......will let ya know the out come....:D....gotta get +1 up somehow .....;)

W4LTD
05-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Just can't let it go ....:(. every chance ya get.....Boom!....throw it out there.......someday...someday. ....I'll have my chance....you make a simple slip...then.... ..Boom! I'll get ya!!! :lol:

But I'll keep that place in mind---.........I may just check it out ahead of time....with them......will let ya know the out come....:D....gotta get +1 up somehow .....;)

+1

Should I bring a few dollar bills?:P

Brian H
05-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Does the term Coca Cola 600 do anything for ya?

Brian H
05-15-2009, 05:40 PM
You own a muscle car and yer asking what's to do in the lastwknd in May in Charlotte!!!???

Brian H
05-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Sheeeesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SC Cheesehead
05-15-2009, 05:42 PM
+1

Should I bring a few dollar bills?:P

:rofl: Our "Cruise Director" is the wrong guy to ask about Iron Thunder.

Now if it's Dairy Queen or Sonic Burger that you wanna find out about, Tom's THE MAN.....:lol:

W4LTD
05-15-2009, 05:45 PM
You own a muscle car and yer asking what's to do in the lastwknd in May in Charlotte!!!???

Which one are you referring to as a "muscle car"? My Crown Vic? :burnout:

W4LTD
05-16-2009, 03:14 AM
:rofl: Our "Cruise Director" is the wrong guy to ask about Iron Thunder.

Now if it's Dairy Queen or Sonic Burger that you wanna find out about, Tom's THE MAN.....:lol:

I screwed the pooch on this, my brother's going to be in Charleston, not Charlotte! :o

Marauderman
05-16-2009, 04:12 AM
I screwed the pooch on this, my brother's going to be in Charleston, not Charlotte! :o

I figured there was something a bit dif when I saw your first post with the "SC"....now it makes some sense....being in Charleston that is .Oh welll..have fu.

There is the air craft carrier their on Patriots Point..., and then the harbor point to visit ..downtown is great for walks --a lot of close shops and there is also carriage horse rides giving tours --somewhat like Savanna, Ga.