PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Alexandra to run in the Preakness

Bluerauder
05-16-2009, 05:39 AM
The 3 year old filly that won the Kentucky Oaks race (day before the Kentucky Derby) by 20 and 1/4 lengths will be running with the boys today. She is an 8-to-5 favorite and his being ridden by the winning jockey (Calvin Borel) at the Derby. It has been 85 years since a filly has won the Preakness. "Mine That Bird" is at 6-to-1. Oughta be an interesting race. But the boys are gonna have to run the race of their lives to keep up with this girl.

GO RACHEL ALEXANDRA !!! :up:

Bluerauder
05-16-2009, 03:41 PM
GO RACHEL ALEXANDRA !!! :up:

Finish Order

1. Rachel Alexandra (by a length)
2. Mine That Bird (closing fast)
3. Musket Man

She lead from the start and despite a late "signature" charge by the Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird .... no one could catch her.

ctrlraven
05-16-2009, 04:28 PM
What a beautiful horse she is.

Blk Mamba
05-16-2009, 06:24 PM
and wins by a length, over the derby winner.

Bluerauder
05-16-2009, 10:29 PM
This sets up a very interesting race in the Belmont. At 1 and 1/2 miles, Mine That Bird should have enough track to make the pass and take the win. His final 1/4 mile time in the Derby is second to Secretariat and that final burst of speed has become his trademark. However, I don't think that Rachel Alexandra showed everything that she had today. Enough to win; but not everything. Friesan Fire and Pioneerof the Nile have been disappointing finishers.