PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Valve Tapping

AFSP13
10-07-2003, 06:25 PM
MY 2003 MARAUDER
I DISCOVERED THAT MY VALVES ARE ARE DOING THE TAPPING SONG . ITOOK MY CAR INTO THE DEALER WERE I PURCHASED IT. THE DEALER HAD THE CAR FOR SEVEN DAYS WHEN I PICKED UP MY VEHICLE THE OWNER AND SERVICE MANAGER TRIED TO TELL ME IT WAS NORMAL SOUND .I SINCE HAVE CALLED FORD HEADQUARTERS AND THEY ARE SENDING AN ANALIST TO CHECK MY MM OUT I WILL POST FURTHER AFTER WE MEET . MY MM IS THREE MONHTS OLD HAS 9300 MILE I NOTICED THE VALVE SONG AT AROUND 8700 MILES

cyclone03
10-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Stop Yelling!

AFSP13
10-07-2003, 06:33 PM
ok

joflewbyu2
10-07-2003, 06:40 PM
did you buy it new? did you ever change the oil? if yes, did you use the proper weight - 5w-20? what did they do in 7 days? it's under warranty til 36k miles, so just run her and enjoy ! if she blows, you have it documented that you brought the car in for a problem/ticking with the engine. do you have any mods?

AFSP13
10-07-2003, 06:52 PM
all factory, no mods , oil has been changed by the dealer every 3000 miles .bought it new roled out of lot with 94 miles. in one week they changed the oil, reprogramed do to a hesitation at low speeds upon acceleration.

cyclone03
10-08-2003, 01:59 PM
Have you been able to listen to another Marauder to see if it makes the same noises as yours?
If the other is quite then I would have the dealer keep looking for the problem.
The Mustang Mach1 shares our engine as does the New Mercury Aviator,if none of these make the same noises then they need to fix yours.I wouldn't let them tell you it's normal,unless all the above sound like yours.

AFSP13
10-08-2003, 02:25 PM
i spoke with corparate headquarters today they are sending an annalist to diagnose my vehicle.
will have further info. at later date

schuvwj
10-08-2003, 03:23 PM
I took my MM into the F/M dealer today for the same tapping/ticking when the engine is warm. Picked it up today and they told me they could not locate any noise. The dealer called Ford for any information if this was a 4.6 problem and Ford said there has been no complaints with 4.6's and tapping/ticking noise.
Mine has 17,900 miles. HELP!

TripleTransAm
10-08-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by schuvwj
The dealer called Ford for any information if this was a 4.6 problem and Ford said there has been no complaints with 4.6's and tapping/ticking noise.

:bs:

If no one complained, how come I have a brand new head sitting at the dealer getting installed on my MM, repair authorized by Ford?

By the way, chances are other 4.6s WILL make the sound, which will mislead dealers into thinking "they all do it". Sure, they all do it, but it ain't normal. According to my technician, some valve seats on #7 were carbon'ed up to the point where compression loss (due to lack of good sealing when valve 'closed') was imminent. All this due to oil leaking past the valve guide's excessive clearances.

More info coming, my car should be done testing by Friday afternoon.

TripleTransAm
10-08-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by AFSP13
i spoke with corparate headquarters today they are sending an annalist to diagnose my vehicle.
will have further info. at later date

Meet with the analyst... have him study part numbers and TSBs very carefully.

AFSP13
10-08-2003, 10:06 PM
The analyst should call by friday . if he does not . the customer representaive that spoke with today advised me to call her and she would make sure the analyst shows .

I will be in columbus this saturday .
to meet other mm owners and hopfully able to listen and compare .

thank you for the info.

F. Gutierrez