PDA

View Full Version : Automobile Rant

Motorhead350
05-20-2009, 08:48 PM
I have had it with this Marauder. First it's tuned as a Ford van, then the blower blows up. I had the blower rebuilt and now it's leaking oil and pushing only 7psi! :mad2:

I thought I would get a good 450RWHP today, but no I got 366.

The rear posi is shot and my rear tires are so bald they look like street radials... NO JOKE! .......well whos fault is that? :rolleyes:

If you wanna have fun you gotta pay the price.... over and over again.

The things that keep breaking are the aftermarket parts. Everything Ford made is still holding up just fine, but the supercharger, rear end and other do das just cannot take it and I'm starting to lose it myself.

The best way to have a car is STOCK. It will last! The problem is everything sucks unless you spend over 50K and BTW I am talking about new cars. No style at all. It's all about safety and gas mileage. I bet there was more time taken into the design of a grill from a 55 Buick, than the whole front and rear end of a modern car.

Look at the 2010 Mustang. New body parts my butt! They just shaved some metal to make a curve look when it's really Ford being cheap by using less metal.

What do we have these days? Cars meant to be safe and run 500 miles on a tank of gas... but we cannot tell the difference between a modern Chevy and an Acura from 50 feet away... FAIL.

Cars are a great money burner. No matter what, there is aways something else that needs to be done. The less fun a car is, the longer it will last. I CAN'T HARDLY STAND IT.

It's times like this I wanna set my car on fire and forget about the whole hobby. I was actually considering getting a NEW car today, but nothing interest me at all unless I have 50K to spend and even then I would be tempted to put speed parts on whatever else I aquire.

What is the cure for this speed bug? I want it and I need it now.

I want out! :mad:

End Rant.

Feel free to post your frustrations on any car you've ever delt with.

DEFYANT
05-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Next time, do your "mod" homework and make better choices.

fastblackmerc
05-20-2009, 09:06 PM
One word..............

Trilogy

justbob
05-20-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm not gonna be the one to say it..........

TAKEDOWN
05-20-2009, 10:06 PM
^^^ Perfect example of why I baby my car till I install all the c00l junk in it! Once they're in, that's a whole different story... ^^^

Haggis
05-21-2009, 03:43 AM
Maybe it's the driver?

J-MAN
05-21-2009, 03:46 AM
Sounds like a loose nut behind the steering wheel! :shake:

CBT
05-21-2009, 04:35 AM
Dibs on the floor mats. (What, too soon?)
I hear VW makes an awesome V-12, and you can find them on the cheap nowadays. Okay I'm done teasing you. For what it's worth I felt the same way for about 2 months, including while in Louisville. I was upset with it enough to almost cancel that trip. Chin up, homie.

Zack
05-21-2009, 04:51 AM
Buy a Trilogy.

Marauderjack
05-21-2009, 04:59 AM
Mine has simply been THE BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!!!!!:beer::bows:

Pushing 200K miles and 115K with the blower......tires, brakes, rear end and trans....oil changes and plugs!!:D Nothing that shouldn't be expected!!:shake:

My blower leaked a little after rebuild but it has stopped after about 50K miles!!:confused: Never had to add oil between 5K mile oil changes!!:shake:

I drive it hard but don't beat on it....maybe that's the difference??:eek:

Good Luck Dom!!:cool:

Zack
05-21-2009, 05:06 AM
Just wait til you get the bill for having the intercooler professionally cleaned Dom.

justbob
05-21-2009, 05:42 AM
Dibs on the wheels.

CBT
05-21-2009, 05:49 AM
There's a pink sock in the back seat....

Vortex
05-21-2009, 06:23 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 Bad Merc
05-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Just got the car back from the Ford Dealer yesterday and it runs great! New motor and things were looking good. I hit a bump on the way home and heard a loud bang under the car and the next thing I know my air suspension light is on! Well...the car was at the dealers for almost 3 1/2 weeks and it is going right back there today! Yeah I am pissed but what are you going to do. Just have to get the car fixed properly and hopefully it holds up.

Brad

Embassy
05-21-2009, 07:56 AM
I thought I would get a good 450RWHP today, but no I got 366.

IIRC, FIT kits on stock Marauders made 380RWHP on Mustang dynos. So, you're in the ballpark. Perhaps you have a vacuum/air leak somewhere.

For example, the rubber intake to the supercharger doesn't always seat correctly on the snail's very small lip. This has happened to me several times.

Dom, drive this car and continue to enjoy it until the motor blows up. Then swap in a built motor and go after the big number's you're craving.

Zack
05-21-2009, 08:01 AM
IIRC, FIT kits on stock Marauders made 380RWHP on Mustang dynos. So, you're in the ballpark. Perhaps you have a vacuum/air leak somewhere.

For example, the rubber intake to the supercharger doesn't always seat correctly on the snail's very small lip. This has happened to me several times.

Dom, drive this car and continue to enjoy it until the motor blows up. Then swap in a built motor and go after the big number's you're craving.

The blower has an internal air leak and its pushing past the seal.
The entire piping/intercooler stuff is covered in oil.

Motorhead350
05-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Loose nut behind the wheel???

We cannot fix that.

Screw taking it easy. I'll enjoy this thing until the wheels fall off, then bolt them back on and drive it some more.

SC Rebuilders won't call me back either. :mad2:

Zack
05-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Loose nut behind the wheel???

We cannot fix that.

Screw taking it easy. I'll enjoy this thing until the wheels fall off, then bolt them back on and drive it some more.

SC Rebuilders won't call me back either. :mad2:

Relax, he has a day job.

Haggis
05-21-2009, 11:09 AM

Well, then don't post this; below.

I have had it with this Marauder. First it's tuned as a Ford van, then the blower blows up. I had the blower rebuilt and now it's leaking oil and pushing only 7psi!

TAKEDOWN
05-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Just got the car back from the Ford Dealer yesterday and it runs great! New motor and things were looking good. I hit a bump on the way home and heard a loud bang under the car and the next thing I know my air suspension light is on! Well...the car was at the dealers for almost 3 1/2 weeks and it is going right back there today! Yeah I am pissed but what are you going to do. Just have to get the car fixed properly and hopefully it holds up.

Brad

Of course... just when you thought it was safe!

Egon Spengler
05-21-2009, 12:30 PM
http://www.health-in-action.org/library/pdf/Shaken%20Baby/Images/Waa%20cry%20baby2.jpg

O's Fan Rich
05-21-2009, 01:31 PM
It could be worse, Dom...... you could be ugly, too.

hot-rauder
05-21-2009, 01:59 PM
It could be worse, Dom...... you could be ugly, too.

Well, guess it can't get any worse for poor Dom then :D