PDA

View Full Version : Rent-A-Marauder

DTRMiguel
05-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Yes you heard it right rent-a-marauder just kidding. I was just leaving work today around 3:00 and stopped at 7-11 to grab something to drink it is super hot today so while im paying for my 420 water this Bowie Police Officer comes in and says who is the owner of the Burgunday Marauder out front my first thought :mad2:(Burgundy)? second thought FML what did i do for him to come in and ask that :confused:. so i say its my car why whats the problem, he asked could i speak to you outside? Im really like WTF did i do? He says "whats your name man" i say Michael Smith he says Mike id like you to meet my son Courtney im like :confused: whats up courtney the officer says we really are in love with your car and i would like to know if i could pay you to let my son drive it to his prom just for the night and he will be in by 2am :D. I immediatley get a ear to ear smile. Im really honored that someone would take my car to prom. The officer said they will take traditional prom pics with the car and drive it to and from the evangel church and will get it professionally detailed paid for also by him. Im like free detail, nice amount of money and the honor or being picked over all these other prom like cars im in:cool:.

The few, the proud, the Marauders ;)

Stranger in the Black Sedan
05-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Get the detail shop to compound that fender and you will be golden. So you really did it?

DTRMiguel
05-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Get the detail shop to compound that fender and you will be golden. So you really did it?

Sherman already did that for me. thanks sherm and chris.
Yea i told him to keep in touch with me we exchanged numbers and asked me if i have a prefferance in a detailing shop :dunno: i know of one in VA Doom used so ill probably go there. And he will ride with me out there to wait for it and pay for it. He said he didnt go to prom and wants his sons to be perfect. He has called me twice already :eek: its only 4:45

O's Fan Rich
05-22-2009, 01:53 PM
When he finds out how slow it is... he'll want his money back!!!

Hey.... keep away from the little girls Mikey.....

Joe Walsh
05-22-2009, 01:55 PM
When he finds out how slow it is... he'll want his money back!!!

OUCH!

Rich with the SLAP!

DTRMiguel
05-22-2009, 01:58 PM

Little girls?????? Rich what are you smoking?

PSG
05-22-2009, 02:01 PM
do you have any idea what i would have done too and IN, a car like this if i had it for my prom ?
i would recomend that you get the interior detailed AFTER the car comes back !
and i would expect there to be alot less tread on the back tires.

W4LTD
05-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Maybe his son will christen the back seat...:laugh:

O's Fan Rich
05-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Little girls?????? Rich what are you smoking?

The Prom Mikey... full of under 18 girls..... I do believe that you being over 21 anyone under 18 will get you in trouble!

O's Fan Rich
05-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Maybe his son will christen the back seat...:laugh:

DAMN!!!
I should have thought of that one!!!

:banana::banana::banana::D

DTRMiguel
05-22-2009, 02:04 PM
do you have any idea what i would have done too and IN, a car like this if i had it for my prom ?
i would recomend that you get the interior detailed AFTER the car comes back !
and i would expect there to be alot less tread on the back tires.

LMAO i kno i was thinking that i will discuss that with him and pops dad dosent look like he be playing at all. And there is no tread so if he does any burnouts they will be buying new tires :D or
DTRMiguel:shot:Pops :D

Joe Walsh
05-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Has anyone seen what 18 year old girls wear to their Proms nowadays!?!?

:eek:

Makes me wish I was 18 and still battling zits!

DTRMiguel
05-22-2009, 02:06 PM
The Prom Mikey... full of under 18 girls..... I do believe that you being over 21 anyone under 18 will get you in trouble!

Trust me big man i will be no where near this prom although i may drive my womans car and follow him around all night :D

Joe Walsh
05-22-2009, 02:06 PM
LMAO i kno i was thinking that i will discuss that with him and pops dad dosent look like he be playing at all. And there is no tread so if he does any burnouts they will be buying new tires :D or
DTRMiguel:shot:Pops :D

Check with your insurance company to be sure that this is 'kosher'.

Just in case!

DTRMiguel
05-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Check with your insurance company to be sure that this is 'kosher'.

Just in case!

ahhh good one joey didnt think of that yet ;)

W4LTD
05-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Has anyone seen what 18 year old girls wear to their Proms nowadays!?!?

Or lack thereof... http://www.emotty.com/images/emoticons/515.png

Joe Walsh
05-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Just thinking out loud...
You can let family members and friends 'borrow' your car with your permission and it is no problem...but you don't really know them that well and the insurance company might consider it as using your vehicle 'for hire'.

DTRMiguel
05-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Just thinking out loud...
You can let family members and friends 'borrow' your car with your permission and it is no problem...but you don't really know them that well and the insurance company might consider it as using your vehicle 'for hire'.

Mabey i could say a friend of the family wants to use it for prom???

TiTo35
05-22-2009, 02:13 PM
I did a Prom last year in the Marauder...I shined that thing up for my folks...dropped them off took pics and everything...I drive limos sometimes so I gave them the royal treatment. Take him up on the offer Mikey...and let me drive. :up:

Joe Walsh
05-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Or lack thereof...

BINGO!

My sister made the exact same comment and then showed us pictures of her son's/my nephew's Prom night...:awe:

Joe Walsh
05-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Mabey i could say a friend of the family wants to use it for prom???

That sounds good, and hopefully doesn't raise any alarms with the insurance agent.

Ms. Denmark
05-22-2009, 02:24 PM
The neices.15882 in prom attire.;)
(And my sister.) Mike, I think it's an honor that your car was picked for this important event in a young mans life.

O's Fan Rich
05-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Rent your self as a driver if the insurance says no....

DOOM
05-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Wow!!!!!!!

Bluerauder
05-22-2009, 03:56 PM
'Scuuuuuuuuuuse me. But does anyone else think this is fishy? :fish:

My MM went to the Prom ..... but with my son driving and his friend and date in the back seat. No problem.

But Mike .... you don't know this guy at all. You do not know his son, Courtney. You don't know their background, their driving habits, or anything else about these guys. They stand to lose nothing. You run a very high risk in this situation. And you gain very little.

What kinda guy walks into a 7-11 and asks to "borrow/rent" a stranger's car? Personally, I am dumbfounded over the whole deal. And baffled on why you even considered it. :rolleyes:

DOOM
05-22-2009, 04:34 PM

What kinda guy walks into a 7-11 and asks to "borrow/rent" a stranger's car? Personally, I am dumbfounded over the whole deal. And baffled on why you even considered it. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :bs:

Krytin
05-22-2009, 04:42 PM

My MM went to the Prom ..... but with my son driving and his friend and date in the back seat. No problem.

But Mike .... you don't know this guy at all. You do not know his son, Courtney. You don't know their background, their driving habits, or anything else about these guys. They stand to lose nothing. You run a very high risk in this situation. And you gain very little.

Sorry mike but +1 on this - I'm with Charlie!

W4LTD
05-22-2009, 05:02 PM
+2, I agree with Charlie also...

Don't let the uniform sway you, it doesn't [necessarily] mean the guy is upstanding...:seesaw:

MM2004
05-22-2009, 05:09 PM
I have tossed my keys to fellow Marauder owners, but never would consider doing so for a stranger.

Hire me to drive, and I would if the $$ is right.

But no way would I give my MM to a stranger.

Especially a teenager.

Mike.

DOOM
05-22-2009, 05:24 PM
I have tossed my keys to fellow Marauder owners, but never would consider doing so for a stranger.

Hire me to drive, and I would if the $$ is right.

But no way would I give my MM to a stranger.

Especially a teenager.

Mike.

Ready for another ride? :burn:
:D

MM2004
05-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Ready for another ride? :burn:
:D

Sure!

;) :D :cool:

Mike.

PSG
05-22-2009, 07:08 PM
you could always make him leave like a $20,000 deposit !

otherwise i would say it sounds like a very very very bad idea

LOWBUCKMM
05-22-2009, 07:12 PM
i would be more then happy to do it. if i could drive and thats it.

duhtroll
05-22-2009, 07:28 PM
I teach.

I have been asked by students to use my car for prom at least 10 times. The answer is always "no, I've seen how you treat YOUR car..."

fastblackmerc
05-22-2009, 08:12 PM
you could always make him leave like a $20,000 deposit !

otherwise i would say it sounds like a very very very bad idea

I agree. Either get a 20K security deposit (in cash), chauffeur them or have them sign a contract.

I'd never let someone unknown drive my MM.... heck, even some people I know I don't let them drive it......

1sexyleo
05-23-2009, 01:13 AM
this thread = FAIL!!!

do u even keep ur car clean???

u need to write a book of fables!!!!!

TiTo35
05-23-2009, 06:22 AM
Ouch leo...:bop:

LIGHTNIN1
05-23-2009, 06:43 AM
Personally I don't trust anyone with my car but a couple close family members,brother,girlfriend.It might work out as others suggested of renting yourself as driver.Sure hope it goes well for you.

1sexyleo
05-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Ouch leo...:bop:

lol. im just being funny!!:lol:seeeeeeeeee

rayjay
05-23-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm with Charlie. It would be a different story if you knew these folks. Children of LEOs are not always the most upstanding citizens. The last thing you need is for this kid to wrap your DTR around a pole. Lawsuit CITY....

DTRMiguel
05-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Ok thought about it long enough enough with the flaming damn.

DTRMiguel
05-23-2009, 08:08 AM
this thread = FAIL!!!

do u even keep ur car clean???

u need to write a book of fables!!!!!

Fables??? Every thread i start is true no matter what "Yall" think :rolleyes:

TiTo35
05-23-2009, 09:04 AM
So what you going to do Mikey? I drive, he detail and pay...sounds like a winner to me! :banana:

Ms. Denmark
05-23-2009, 09:07 AM
So what you going to do Mikey? I drive, he detail and pay...sounds like a winner to me! :banana:I think we have a winner!....... Unless you have reservations about No Show's driving abilities.:eek: ;)

1sexyleo
05-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Fables??? Every thread i start is true no matter what "Yall" think :rolleyes:

yea...bone stock srt-8 magnums running how fast?!?!? lol....yea ok!!! BS mikey BS! lol:flamer:

show us some proof.

DOOM
05-23-2009, 10:40 AM
FAIL!!! :shake:

NATEHAWK
05-23-2009, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't let no stranger drive my car. I would of LOL right there.

justbob
05-23-2009, 12:38 PM
My mother isn't even allowed to drive mine. If she needed a car then I would rent her one. Sure it's a MM thing mostly, but in all, I have serious trust issues with everybody.

Baaad GN
05-23-2009, 03:10 PM
One hint to your insurance company about this and your GONE!

ChiTownMaraud3r
05-23-2009, 06:13 PM
I would have laughed and said nope on the spot. Sounds a little ridiculous to me for some strangers to abuse my car to their liking.

DTRMiguel
05-23-2009, 07:51 PM
yea...bone stock srt-8 magnums running how fast?!?!? lol....yea ok!!! BS mikey BS! lol:flamer:

show us some proof.

I said he told me! Read the thread i never said i was at the track with him and saw it nor saw a TS for that matter :P

DTRMiguel
05-23-2009, 08:49 PM
So what you going to do Mikey? I drive, he detail and pay...sounds like a winner to me! :banana:

Haven't talked to them yet but I think mm.net has talked some sense into me! Thanks ladies and gents

1sexyleo
05-24-2009, 12:03 AM
I said he told me! Read the thread i never said i was at the track with him and saw it nor saw a TS for that matter :P

still fail

Vortex
05-24-2009, 05:49 AM
I know what I would do if my Dad rented me a big ole hot rod for one night; get in as many drag races as possible, do copious burnouts ect... I wouldnt rent it, cop or not.