PDA

View Full Version : Took out my new toy for a test run today.

Green96
05-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Went :gangster: today with my new toy. I have been lookiing for a good .22 smi-auto for a while now and decided to go ahead and get one with the cost of larger caliber ammo thru the roof. I have never liked the Ruger target pitols and the Walther P22 I had was a POS, but liked the feel of this Beretta. It is a Cheetah 87, and so far it is great. I had a little trouble with sharp edges on the clip not allowing the next round to feed, but a little work with a file took care of that. Best fun I have had for $10 woth of ammo in a long time. If you are in the market, I highly recommend it (as long as you don't mind some file work on the clip).
http://guns4u.info/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/22_elenco.jpg

69marquis conv
05-22-2009, 06:04 PM
That's a good size for carrying. I like the power of a 45 or even a 9mm, but they sure don't hide too well! I've been considering one that size. Thanks for sharing.

finster101
05-22-2009, 06:17 PM
That's a good size for carrying. I like the power of a 45 or even a 9mm, but they sure don't hide too well! I've been considering one that size. Thanks for sharing.

I'm 5'9" and carry a Combat Commander .45 with no concealment problems. A .22 is a fine target pistol. I would never consider one for personal defense.

W4LTD
05-22-2009, 06:33 PM

Kel-Tec P-3AT, Made in the USA (Cocoa, FL), perfect for CCW and got mine for under $300.00
I have been to their plant and they are VERY customer service oriented!
The gave me a free clip just for visiting...

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/images/ssi/medium/15229.jpg

Green96
05-22-2009, 06:37 PM
I am not using it for carry, just affordable target shooting.

PSG
05-22-2009, 07:05 PM
just got the ruger LPC .380 , same size as the kel tech, same price, only problem is that it only fires brass case ammo, tried wolf steel case and sapsam steel case and it jams up. but its nice and small you can just throw it in your pocket.
the 9mm is juat alittle bulky to have in the summer, espesially when i gotta go on tows, you lay on the ground to hook up a car and the 9 either digs in your back or falls out in front of people. not good !

Vortex
05-25-2009, 07:07 AM
http://www.naaminis.com/guard.html

rayjay
05-25-2009, 07:28 AM
just got the ruger LPC .380 , same size as the kel tech, same price, only problem is that it only fires brass case ammo, tried wolf steel case and sapsam steel case and it jams up. but its nice and small you can just throw it in your pocket.
the 9mm is juat alittle bulky to have in the summer, espesially when i gotta go on tows, you lay on the ground to hook up a car and the 9 either digs in your back or falls out in front of people. not good !

Cases are too large for the chamber due to the laquer coating and/or when the coating melts from being fired. Common problem. I have a number of 45s that won't shoot Wolf.

bobsawyer7
05-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Kel-Tec P-3AT, Made in the USA (Cocoa, FL), perfect for CCW and got mine for under $300.00
I have been to their plant and they are VERY customer service oriented!
The gave me a free clip just for visiting...

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/images/ssi/medium/15229.jpg

Have both the Ruger LPC .380 and the Kel-Tec P32.
The P32 is the lightest .32 I've ever used and does a very decent job with Winchester Silvertip Hollow Points.
http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p32.htm

rayjay
05-25-2009, 07:44 PM
I bought a S&W .32 H&R Magnum Model 430 PD revolver for my summer carry piece. 13 oz, six rounds. All black. Ballistics are better than .380 acp. A little snappy, but very controllable. Carry Georgia Arms HP ammo. Perfect in the pocket gun IMHO. Desantis Nemesis holster makes it disappear. My pervious/other choise is my Kahr P9 Covert with Corbon 115grn HP in +P flavor. The Smith is only slightly smaller, but weighs less. Same round count.

PSG
05-25-2009, 08:11 PM
the steel case thing sucks, i just bought a 1000 rounds at a really good price and its useless to me

Mike M
05-25-2009, 09:04 PM
I have the P-11 Kel-Tec
http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p11.htm
Conceals nice.

Marauderjack
05-26-2009, 04:57 AM
I have two SS Kel-Tec P-11's....one for the car and one for the boat!!:D

Great little pistols with 10 round capacity!!:beer:

rayjay
05-26-2009, 06:40 AM
the steel case thing sucks, i just bought a 1000 rounds at a really good price and its useless to me

PSG, try polishing your chamber with Flitz. It has worked for me before on pistols with tight chamber tolerances.

PSG
05-26-2009, 05:34 PM
i'm gonna mess with it one of these nights, i have been busy , i got tons of work at my shop, and i am trying to do a marathon restoration on my own truck, but its funny, i was gonna buy a Seecamp .380 , and the guy talked me out of it and into this because "the seecamp only shoots certain ammo" go figure !

FordNut
05-26-2009, 06:37 PM

You ought to be able to sell 380 ammo pretty easily. It's constantly out of stock almost everywhere. I don't know if my PPK/S will shoot the steel case or not, I'll have to get some and try it out.

Vortex
05-27-2009, 05:17 AM
i'm gonna mess with it one of these nights, i have been busy , i got tons of work at my shop, and i am trying to do a marathon restoration on my own truck, but its funny, i was gonna buy a Seecamp .380 , and the guy talked me out of it and into this because "the seecamp only shoots certain ammo" go figure !

You should check out North American Arms. A high quality copy of a Seecamp at half the price and uses normal ammo. Much higher quality than Kel-Tec (no offense but you get what you pay for). Smaller than a pack of cigarettes and will for sure do the job, and you can hit paper at 10 yards though it truly is a gun for close quarters. A concealed handgun is only good if you always carry it and frankly I dont want to be hauling around a big ole Sig or Colt or whatever all the time. I own the .32 ACP myself but NAA does make a 380 as well. I also own a 380 Sig but its a little large for everyday concealed carry for me.

rayjay
05-27-2009, 07:54 AM
I own a Browning 380 BDA, very similiar to the Beretta Cheeta that this thread is about. It is a beautiful piece, but as you said a bit large for everyday carry. As I said before, I really like my new S&W revolver as my summer piece. I know I'll never have a gun related malfunction. As for the projectile size at .32? I wouldn't want to be on the catching end of the muzzle. :help:

Vortex
05-27-2009, 01:45 PM
After rereading your post I had to check out the .32 H&R round, pretty cool. Mine is just standard .32 ACP but that keeps the gun small. It will do the job close up.

LIGHTNIN1
05-27-2009, 02:07 PM
You should check out North American Arms. A high quality copy of a Seecamp at half the price and uses normal ammo. Much higher quality than Kel-Tec (no offense but you get what you pay for). Smaller than a pack of cigarettes and will for sure do the job, and you can hit paper at 10 yards though it truly is a gun for close quarters. A concealed handgun is only good if you always carry it and frankly I dont want to be hauling around a big ole Sig or Colt or whatever all the time. I own the .32 ACP myself but NAA does make a 380 as well. I also own a 380 Sig but its a little large for everyday concealed carry for me.
Looking for something small to carry myself. The NAA .32 ACP has a suggested retail of $402. Is that the going price?

Vortex
05-27-2009, 02:53 PM
I paid around $350 for it at a gun show here in Dallas.

Marauderjack
05-27-2009, 03:11 PM
25's...32's....380's and even .38 Specials are VERY MARGINAL weapons....toy guns (plinkers)!!!:shake:

Do you want to protect yourself or just make attackers MAD!!??:eek:

Get something that will do the job or end up beat to a pulp OR DEAD!!:alone:

BTW.....for ammo go to www.ammoengine.com every day for sellers who have ammo and the best prices!!:beer:

LIGHTNIN1
05-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I paid around $350 for it at a gun show here in Dallas.

Thanks a lot, that is better than $400, and I know what to look for. Per your recommendation I will pick one up as it sounds like what I am looking for.Like you say the larger ones are Hard Carry.

Green96
05-27-2009, 06:47 PM
25's...32's....380's and even .38 Specials are VERY MARGINAL weapons....toy guns (plinkers)!!!:shake:

The right gun is the one that the shooter is comfortable with, is convenient enought that it is around when needed, is reliable, and the shooter can hit his or her intended target with. I personally don't have any trouble with anything from a .22 (if that is all a person can handle) to a .45. If the .45 is not practical and would not be around when needed you might as well throw rocks. My choice most of the time is a .380. I would rather have a .380 when I need it than nothing because of the inconvenience.

Vortex
05-27-2009, 08:32 PM

BTW.....for ammo go to www.ammoengine.com (http://www.ammoengine.com) every day for sellers who have ammo and the best prices!!:beer:

No offense but you dont know what you are talking about.

Marauderjack
05-28-2009, 05:25 AM
No offense but you dont know what you are talking about.

Uh....YES I DO!!:rolleyes:

Any gun is better than a knife or stick but small calibers need to be placed perfectly.....most who carry small guns can't put one where it counts!!:shake:

I had a friend who was a Police reporter in Charlotte back in the 70's when .38 specials were for the most part ineffective....357's became the weapon of choice!!:beer: AND, these cops were trained very well how to use the .38's....some still got their butts kicked by wounded perps!!!:eek:

To each his own but 9MM (Kel-Tec) is my choice for close defense...."No Offense" taken!!:shake:

rayjay
05-28-2009, 07:16 AM
Its in the ammo and the attitude.

PSG
05-28-2009, 01:36 PM
well i supose i should just carry a desert eagle , or maybe drag a browning 50 cal behind me on tows , or hell maybe an anti tank gun on the headache rack ! that would be alot safer for personal protection
go out and actually do a days work carrying something large around hidden under your clothes and you will find that as great as a357 or a 9mm is they arn't always the most practical piece, and by the way, if you can't difuse the situation with a 380 or even a 22 then you arn't gonna do it any easier with a 44 mag, this isn't the movies !

Marauderjack
05-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Vortex!!!!

You can do as you please and I'll not attempt to change that...it never works and I respect you for your opinion......BUT I'd watch who you call an IDIOT!!!:argue: Perhaps you can look in a mirror and see one!!:confused:

Marauderjack:rolleyes:

Vortex
05-28-2009, 03:25 PM
MODS - please close this useless thread

Green96
05-28-2009, 04:34 PM
MODS - please close this useless thread

Agreed. This has deteriorated far enough from a simple show and tell. Mods please close this, I did not intend to start any fights.