PDA

View Full Version : Totalled Crown Vic Squad car... ouch

Hacklemerc
05-27-2009, 06:22 PM
One of our guys totalled my old squad car last night. It was raining and the car hydroplaned and he crossed over into oncoming traffic. He has 5 broken ribs on the right, 3 on the left, bruised spleen and pancrease (sp?), a gash on his left leg and some bruises. Minor injuries in the other two cars. THis is what a head on collision with both cars doing about 55 mph.

Black_Noise
05-27-2009, 06:27 PM
no prize for being the first one to the scene of the accident? :lol:

W4LTD
05-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Looks like the push-bar helped...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15 930&d=1243473463

FrankJAG
05-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Ouch!
Glad to see he came out alive out of that one. Panther did it's job.
How did the minivan folks fare? I see some blood on the bags.

Hacklemerc
05-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Everyone walked away from it. THe blood was from her nose I do believe. THe airbag smacked her pretty good.

FrankJAG
05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Sure looks like someone hit those bags pretty hard.
Regardless, it's all good when folks can walk away from such a tremendous impact.

Mac-MerC
05-27-2009, 11:55 PM
looks like after i hit the highway median in my first marauder. these things can take a hit

Stranger in the Black Sedan
05-28-2009, 05:11 AM
Panther did it's job.

Except for the staying on the ground part. OUCH

bob6364
05-28-2009, 05:28 AM
I"m curious about the spider web on the officers passenger side windshield...maybe a flying cell phone?

Bluerauder
05-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Looks like that minivan absorbed the impact pretty well even with that short nose on it. The CVPI appears to have a bent frame right at the door junction. Must have been a dayum hard hit all around.

Hotrauder
05-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Hack, Glad that he is going to make it and that the victims are also. Stupid should hurt. I would be really really pissed if he pulled that boneheaded move on me and broke my wife's nose..I would be waiting for him to heal so that I could return the favor. If we had been in her car we would both be dead and if we in the Marauder I would have been kicking him in his broken ribs, I think. He may be a candidate for a desk job. Dennis

LIGHTNIN1
05-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Minivan came out better than a Smart Car would have.

Motorhead350
05-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Did the police officer have his seat belt on?

I have yet to come across one that actually wares one... since they have to get in and out all the time.

Hacklemerc
05-28-2009, 10:03 AM
I"m curious about the spider web on the officers passenger side windshield...maybe a flying cell phone?

Spider web on the passenger side was caused by the butt stock of his patrol rifle. The one on the drivers side was caused by his hand. Dunno how but his hand came up and hit the windshiled. He had glass all over his hand.

Hacklemerc
05-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Hack, Glad that he is going to make it and that the victims are also. Stupid should hurt. I would be really really pissed if he pulled that boneheaded move on me and broke my wife's nose..I would be waiting for him to heal so that I could return the favor. If we had been in her car we would both be dead and if we in the Marauder I would have been kicking him in his broken ribs, I think. He may be a candidate for a desk job. Dennis

Not defending what happened but that car was a piece of s h i t. It used to be my old squad and it became a spare car when I got a new car. I could rattle on about the flaws of that car but we don't won't. The only reason he was driving it was because his normal squad is in the shop getting tires and brakes. It was raining really bad when the accident happened and the tires that the dept has put on our squads absolutely suck in the rain and snow.

Hacklemerc
05-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Did the police officer have his seat belt on?

I have yet to come across one that actually wares one... since they have to get in and out all the time.

I wear mine most of the time. I've been in accidents before and didn't have one on and got thrown around inside. I didn't like it so I always try to wear mine. I don't know if he had it on because he was outside of the car when we got there. I will throw this out there, the steering column was pushed so far into the dash we couldn't get the keys out of the ignition because they were smashed into the dash.

SID210SA
05-29-2009, 05:50 AM
any day time photo's?

Glockafella
05-29-2009, 06:37 AM
Once again, PROVEN safe car design.

Hacklemerc
05-29-2009, 09:53 AM
I can see if I can get daytime pics of the car. Its out at our service lot so I should be able to. I'll post them if I get them.