PDA

View Full Version : House storage.

Aren Jay
05-28-2009, 10:17 PM

Dr Caleb
05-28-2009, 11:42 PM
I have a shed for things I don't need right now. Christmas decorations for example.

Other than that, WYSIWYG. Books sound like a good opportunity for a library. I usually resell my books to a used book dealer when I've read them, but I've always wanted a library.

CBT
05-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Attic, shed, and garage. I've been meaning to put stuff away since I got out the Navy, all the uniforms, boots/shoes, paperwork, etc. etc. That stuff can go in the attic. Or in a bonfire.

SID210SA
05-29-2009, 05:17 AM
I would say make sure you have alot of room overhead in your garage....you never know, one day you may want a 4 post lift in your garage!!

chader
05-29-2009, 05:42 AM
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1253

I'm sure this will inspire some garage ideas!

96fleetwood
05-29-2009, 06:23 AM
I have a shed for storage. I turned the basement into four sections: bedroom/gameroom, gym, workbench.

Ms. Denmark
05-29-2009, 06:24 AM
You can never have too much storage in my opinion. We have house plans that includes the following storage areas:

1 suitcase/trunk and Christmas decoration storage tucked into unused space on the stairway landing between the first & second floors.
2.A wrapping/projects room with a wall of built-in storage for all the wrapping paper supplies, hobby related materials etc., sewing machine, folding tables, chairs, games you name it. The room is large so that all the projects can be done right there without cluttering up the kitchen table. If you're in the middle of a project, you can leave it as is, walk out and shut the door.
3.Laundry room with built in storage for all the laundry related stuff, laundry baskets/hampers, ironing board, brooms/mops, vacuum cleaners, household cleaning supplies. It has a utility sink and a counter over the front loading washer/dryer for folding clothes and a place to hang things to dry.
4.A butlers pantry off the kitchen with a bar sink and under-counter frig and wine cooler. Built in storage for china, serving pieces, electrical appliances, tablecloths and any over sized or seldom used kitchen stuff. And lots of counter space.
5.A mudroom with coat hooks as well as a coat closet, boot storage in a lift top bench, a place for hats, gloves, scarves. A place for all the dogs leashes/coats/collars. A place for the firewood tote, flashlights, garden shoes, household hand tools ie hammer, screwdriver, tape measure.
Storage for charcoal, grilling tools, lighters. A place for bug spray and sunscreen. Storage for shopping bags/tote bags., light bulbs etc.
6.Foyer with guest coat closet, a built in wall safe (disguised behind a picture) a place for all the keys, briefcases, and a place for mail.
7.Office with storage for financial statements/personal papers, bills, office supplies, fax paper etc.
8.Basement with 2nd refrigerator/freezer, full height storage racks for boxes of stuff, extra canned goods etc.
9.Workshop in garage with built in storage for all the power tools, nuts/bolts/painting supplies, shopvac and the other thousand + items that accumulate.

pantheroc
05-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Sort out what your going to keep. Ensure your sentimentals and collectibles are safe from heat/cold/moisture, plan environment ahead of time for the space you need. Also, is there a chance of flood in area your building?

Aren Jay
05-31-2009, 10:57 PM