PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Bra for Marauder

CWright
06-03-2009, 10:35 AM
I have thought about purchasing a bra for the front of my car but not sure if it will rub paint to bad and leave bad places. If you have used one before on the Marauder what is your opinion. Is it worth the money. I am only looking to put on for trips.

Thanks

CBT
06-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Mine scratched my grill in a couple spots. When I put it on again I'm going to put a few pieces of that clear, thin plastic that stays in place by static cling. I think it looks sharp against my paint. And I got into an arguement once with a Marauder owner who told me it wasn't made for a Marauder, despite having Marauder stamped in it, and an instruction sheet from Ford.

Glockafella
06-03-2009, 10:43 AM
ITs your car, do with it as you please...asking us will make you not want anything different on your car.

FreddieH
06-03-2009, 10:53 AM
I have one for my car and it will leave rub marks on the grill in certain places and if you plan on driving upwards of 80 mph or more air gets up under it at the grill area and it starts flapping ( probably where the rub marks come from ). Also you must remove it from time to time and clean behind it because it will fill up with dead bugs. Besides that I do recommend it.

TiTo35
06-03-2009, 11:05 AM
FreddieH...whats going on sir?

Back on topic...if you do alot of driving with your car I would say get it. CBTs idea of plastic under itsnt bad to protect your paint...but if you leave it on long will the paint change over time you have a "line?"

ctrlraven
06-03-2009, 11:09 AM
3M Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film bras are really nice.

http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bin/products_ip/browser.cgi?prevtype=Automobil es+and+light+trucks&prevyear=2004&prevmake=MERCURY&prevmodel=&prevsubmodel=&prevseries=&type=Automobiles+and+light+tru cks&year=2004&make=MERCURY&model=MAURADER

http://www.empireclearshield.com/site/1325795/page/631138

CBT
06-03-2009, 11:12 AM
FreddieH...whats going on sir?

Back on topic...if you do alot of driving with your car I would say get it. CBTs idea of plastic under its bad to protect your paint...but if you leave it on long will the paint change over time you have a "line?"

What?! All my ideas can be found under the word WIN in the dictionary:rolleyes:

PHHHHTT
06-03-2009, 11:14 AM
I bought one when I purchased the car new. Installed it immediately, love the way it looked. But as others have noted, the retaining clips left small scratches and balloons at higher speeds. Another unwanted condition is the collection of sand along the edges of the bra contacting the front fenders close to the wheel well.

I removed it and if I ever place the Marauder in a car show, I'll put back on just for the show.

TiTo35
06-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Ooops sorry CBT...I meant NOT too bad...you are the man...1000 apologizes!:bows:

O's Fan Rich
06-03-2009, 11:24 AM
3M Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film bras are really nice.

http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bin/products_ip/browser.cgi?prevtype=Automobil es+and+light+trucks&prevyear=2004&prevmake=MERCURY&prevmodel=&prevsubmodel=&prevseries=&type=Automobiles+and+light+tru cks&year=2004&make=MERCURY&model=MAURADER

http://www.empireclearshield.com/site/1325795/page/631138

What he said.....

ctrlraven
06-03-2009, 01:02 PM
^I had a front end kit on my old 01 Focus ZX3 including on the headlights and it was great. I don't know why I didn't get one for the Marauder. I think I thought they didn't make one for it and only took a month or so for some stone chips. Once I pull her off the read for a full body make over I will be getting everything I can covered, hell might as well do the whole car lol.

finster101
06-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I don't like tan lines

CBT
06-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Ooops sorry CBT...I meant NOT too bad...you are the man...1000 apologizes!:bows:

It's okay, not everyone realizes you can stack WIN 6 feet 1 inches high;)

69marquis conv
06-03-2009, 01:24 PM
I have one for mine and use it on trips. To remedy the balooning over the grille I ran black zip ties over it and around the inside of the header panel. Holds it snug and keeps it from flopping. Like others have said, keep it clean- always. I personally don't think bras add anything to the looks of these cars, but they sure keep the sandblasting road debris away.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
06-03-2009, 01:26 PM
#1, bras look retarded, especially on giant 4 door sedans
#2, they aren't going to save your paint any more than they will scratch it

I had to detail a 1 week old nose due to some pretty damn deep scratches put in a new black car by a bra.

No thanks

CWright
06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks for all the responses. This helps me a great deal. I just hate the road rash and want to preserve the original paint as long as possible. Thanks again.

CDUB

babbage
06-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Bras are for girls. I don't care for them at all.

I'll Never put one on mine.
Why stop with just a bra for the front end if your gonna do it - do the whole thing.