PDA

View Full Version : Rode a V-Rod Muscle yesterday

Black_Noise
06-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Not Impressed.

I thought it would be alot morelike a Harley... Loud, Shaky, and Loud.

It was like a mixed breed bike, Looks of something unlike a harley, and sounds nothing like one, very quiet.

It also feels like the first 2k of the RPM range like the bike isnt running right, then all the sudden its smoothes out and start to move.

All in all its a nice bike, and it does have some go fast to it, but its all upper RPMs.

Really supprised by it.

Not bad, but not like a harley either.

This is identical to the one I rode.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/black300a/VROD.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/black300a/vrod2-1.jpg

Glockafella
06-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I am impressed with the motors, I have a ZX10R that is one of the fastest production bikes on the road...I raced one of these owned by my coworker, he beat me off the line pretty handedly. I evenually got him and passed him after the 1/8th, but not to many harleys can keep up at all with my ZX10R.

Vortex
06-07-2009, 06:20 AM
Its a nice bike, just not a traditional Harley.

juno
06-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Yes, they are very nice, but obviously nothing like other Harley's. They get a decent sound out of them with aftermarket pipes.

JamesHecker
06-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Beautiful Bike. I would love to have one like this.

CRZYBIKER
06-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Many of us in the industry refer to it as the "WATER-GLIDE". It never will have a big following, but it is a well designed bike.

Vortex
06-08-2009, 07:57 AM
I bet sooner rather than later that engine will be used in the touring models as well; HD has taken air cooling about as far as it can go in a V twin.

CRZYBIKER
06-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Agreed completely, but the V-rod came out too soon, cost of production versus demand in the next coming 2-3 years I feel will kill it. It might hang on but I don't know.... H-D is cost cutting right now. They may string it along since
legally all manufacturers have to be water cooled, 2010 or 2012, can't remember which. I beleive 2012 is the date.....just for lower emissions purposes. My company has been preparing for it for the last 3 years. Hold on to your old bikes if water cooled is not your thing. My old Sportster is not going anywhere!