PDA

View Full Version : Power window(s) are/is slow

Motorhead350
06-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Since I have been driving my truck waiting on the Blower for the Marauder I had a strange problem. The drivers window takes forever to get back up and stops unless I pull it. When it gets past the halfway point the window will go back up to speed. It makes a lot of noise when it's going up so I'm guessing it's not lined up right or something.

I didn't have a problem with my passenger side window up until recently too. Seems like they are both losing power, but once they are past the half way point on the way up they go back up to full speed. They have no problem getting down.

I have recently changed the kill switch too, but the windows were maufunctioning a few days before the swap.

Any clue for something like this?

Motorhead350
06-09-2009, 06:01 PM
No one knows?

This is a rare one...

fesifisky
06-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Maybe the window regulator? happened on my 03 front passenger side. at one point some cable inside snapped and it wouldn't budge. Sucked when I got pulled over by a statie, round here on the highway they walk over to the passenger side(for darn good reason). Had to talk to him through the back window so of course he opened the passenger door to discuss my adventure before he got me.

Anyway, if it's not the regulator(which took a solid year to completely die), maybe alignment or just needs some grease or lube. Was there an accident and the door damaged? After my rear driver door got hit and outer skin replaced, ended up having to get an adjustment to go up/down smoothly and regular speed.

I couldn't imagine other vehicles being drastically different than a merc so I hope this helped or at least pointed you in a better direction if it's not fixed by now.
So if anyone reading knows different,please lemme know if I am wrong on that.

Motorhead350
06-25-2009, 05:23 PM
I found out that I need to lube the wheels that move the window. I need to find a way to safely get the interior door panel off. I haven't had time.

Thanks for the reply though.

Ken
06-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the info, my 99 F150 drivers window was running slow this past winter, works fne when warmer.

Ken