PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle Wrap up from this side

Mike Poore
06-08-2009, 02:45 PM
It was the best attended All Ford Nationals, ever, and the MM.Net turnout was outstanding. MM.net was pleased to supply beverages and snacks and the well received dash plaques, plus other support to Paul's efforts; our way of saying thank you to our family of members.

My status as Celebrity Judge, representing mercurymarauder.net gave the opportunity to get a few perks, one of which was the celebrity lunch in building R. I got to meet and have lunch with Jerry Heasley and Donald Farr of Mustang Monthly Magazine. Jerry is the guy who's responsible for the wonderful shots of Carroll Shelby and his cars through the years and much of his work is published in Mustang Monthly. I was able to secure two of his personally signed volumes, and he's sending me a third, the one about the special editions which has the photo essay on Sunshine, Barbara's '93 Feature car, shot by Jim Smart and published in Mustang Monthly two years ago.
Another honor associated with the Celebrity Judge program is that I get to pick any car from the showfield for a special award. This is no trivial award and my selection this year was Jake's wonderfully prepared and beautifully done DOOM. Congratulations Jake, your efforts to get this fabulous MM in it's present condition are appreciated.
It was good to see Big Joe P's KB in good hands and represented, and I'd like to mention the very nice display Charlie had with his presentation of BLUERAUDER, as well as the great work Joe Walsh did with the engine installation and work done on his very nice Black '03A, or is it a "B".
I had some other fun as well. Most everyone knows about the PIMPMOBILE, by now, and I entered it in the Lincoln Town Car Devision, instead of where it should have been, with the Marauders. It was an honest mistake, though, because in past years they were all lumped together instead of the Marauders getting moved up on the hill, this year.

In any case there was a group of Lincoln folks with a tent and lots of fancy doo dads, calling themselves LINCOLNS OF DISTINCTION. Anyway, I parked my Town Car near their tent, stuck Smoke's PIMPMOBILE :pimp:sign on the thing and went up the hill to hang out with the MM guys. I have to observe, if I do say so myself, it was the best car in the group, by far, and yet it only got one vote (mine). I wonder if them fancy folks took exception to Smoke's sign?

Had I been thinking I might have tried to talk Jake into parking it for me. :rofl:
Congratulations to Paul & friends for their outstanding work, and for finally cornering Rick Markko and starting the expanded plans for next year (possibly more than anyone could guess, stand by for that!)

I had to depart on Sunday to make the ATA trap shoot at Greencastle, and just made it in time to shoot on the last squad of 16's where I won the Vet class with a 99x100, dropping the 90th bird, a easy quartering right from post 3 :argh:

I got to try out the new O/U barrel set just fitted at the Kolar factory at Racine, and so, got to shoot the doubles competition, which many say is the best event in trap. Sure is a fast way to go through 100 shotgun shells. :D

All in all it was my best year at Carlisle and hope it was yours as well. See y'all at Indy. :burnout:

hot-rauder
06-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Mike owns Big Joe P's car and has done some considerable work since Joe owned it... repaint, new hood, motor mods, engine detailing.... Mike takes VERY good care of his car, and it shows!

CRUZTAKER
06-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Hey! I finally polished my blower and noooo one even noticed...:D

Blackened300a
06-08-2009, 03:27 PM

Who polished your blower?? ;)

A pleasure as always seeing you there Mike and a big thanks to you and mm.net for all the supplies and support for Carlisle.

Looking forward to doing it all over again next year!

Ms. Denmark
06-08-2009, 03:34 PM
This was my second trip to All Ford. The first one hooked me and this one reeled me in. It was truely so enjoyable that next year we're doing all three days. Already made my hotel reservations! Just to reiterate, Eric and I enjoyed the chance to see old friends, sit down and spend time to get to know some of you better and meet a lot of you for the first time in person. You guys are a great bunch to hang with!

Marauder386
06-08-2009, 05:33 PM

TMI TMI TMI ... :D Do that sorta thing in private, fella !

:cool4:

Bluerauder
06-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Boy am I embarrassed :o I voted for you in the N/A class.

Mike Poore
06-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Bear has a blower? :eek:

03blackvegas
06-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Oh, go polish your blower!!!