PDA

View Full Version : Kidney stone...

Blk Mamba
06-13-2009, 05:32 PM
.. had an attack at about 7 PM, just as we were getting to our favorite cruise spot, turned around went back home to see if it recedes or if I'll go to the emergency room....more later. Thanks to Adam for following us home, and making sure everything was alright.

Ms. Denmark
06-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Oh man, I am so sorry to hear this. Hope all is well very soon!

cvpiftw
06-13-2009, 05:45 PM
yeah. Hope all is well soon.

ImpalaSlayer
06-13-2009, 06:08 PM
god i hope i never have any!

Mr. Man
06-13-2009, 07:24 PM
If you go to the ER ask for Dilaudid. This pain killer works great when I get the stones.

PantherP71
06-13-2009, 07:34 PM
I hope all goes well Tony.

If you go to the ER ask for Dilaudid. This pain killer works great when I get the stones.

As long as you're not allergic to it, some people are.

Blk Mamba
06-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Last time I had one, they shot me up with so much morphine that I puked on my neighbors shoe while he was helping me get in the house. Never relieved the pain, thats why I'm not looking forward to this.

a_d_a_m
06-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Hope ya feel better soon, man.

In your honor, I beat Andy 4 times at Mille Bornes, including this hellacious hand which ended up being a shutout:
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w110/jackiegleason/millebornes.jpg

Not the best hand I ever had but I figured it'd make ya smile.

jabird56
06-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Oh Boy, The fetal position of PAIN just doesn't even begin to describe it. Hope you pass it quickly.

Davesvt2000
06-14-2009, 06:26 AM
Hope all is well, I remeber when you posted in my thread back in April, you said you've had them before...

Mr. Man
06-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Last time I had one, they shot me up with so much morphine that I puked on my neighbors shoe while he was helping me get in the house. Never relieved the pain, thats why I'm not looking forward to this.

Yeah I know this experience, stupid doctors think they know it all. I was in the ER for one of many stones and I told the wet behind the ears doc. 'give me Dilaudid' so he proceeds to give me Morphine. Felt like someone threw a basketball at my face and I was still writhing in pain so when he came back to check on me I strongly suggested he get me the Dilaulid or we might have an issue, he got me the Dilaulid and every thing was ok. Got the liptho and I was fine till the next one popped up or in as the saying should go. Good luck

fastblackmerc
06-14-2009, 07:43 AM
The pain your experiencing now is nothing compared to the pain when you pass it. Hope it goes well for you. May want to look at modifying your diet.

cruzer
06-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Gee, my Doc should be sued for malpractice. He spotted 2 large stones in a Catscan of my pelvic area--recommended immediate ultrasound disentigration, 5 days later I had the procedure at an outpatient surgical facility at 11 AM on Thursday--he used shadow-sleep aneasthesia--nevwr felt a thing--was awake and pain free by 1:30--went home at 2:00. No naseua (sp) no pain--good nites sleep--drove the Marauder back to the clinic to pick up some meds and have had no problems since. Gee, --he'll be drummed out of the AMA;) Seriously, there are a lot of great Docs out there--you just have to go thru the trouble to find them. Had a similar experience with gall bladder--had one attack--gall bladder gone within 24 hours quick, pain free recovery. I am counting my blessings Good luck and --please have them disentegrated now--it will save a lot of future pain. Good luck, Maury;)

Blk Mamba
06-14-2009, 10:35 PM
trip to the Emergency room tonight right after dinner, (ribs on the grill). They gave me a mix of three meds, I layed there for 5 hours, and they released me. Now I'm pi$$ed.

stangracr
06-14-2009, 10:44 PM
I feel for ya man. I have had stones several times. I hate it when you feel the pain coming on cause you know its gonna suck. Unlike someone said and Im sure you already know. Passing the stone isnt the bad part its when the stone is going from your kidney to the bladder that hurts so bad. Last one I had was 7 mm. Had to be removed couldnt pass it. You dont want to have that done. They install a stint between your kidney and bladder afterwards. Lets just say the removal of the stint will make a baby out of anyone. They remove it in the doctors office. My doctor tried for 45 minutes to remove the stint then sent me to the hospital to get put to sleep and have it removed. Good luck and I hope it passes quick for ya. Drink lots of water and pray to comes out soon.

ed

BLACKMARAUDER04
06-15-2009, 01:13 PM
I have gone thru this twice. The first time I had a stent put in me for a week before Lithotripcy. The second time I passed it a hour after the ER gave me demorall. THe pain was unbelievable both times. Feel better.

magindat
06-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Worst pain you'll ever feel. Period.

For me, an IV drip helped a BUNCH! The Dilaudid didn't hurt either. That stuff makes morphine look like baby aspirin.

Best wishes for ya, Bud.

Rich

Blk Mamba
06-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Thanks to all for the concern, I do know the pain, at first I thought it was a back ache, from the way I have to move at work, or a hernia, till I finally realized what it was, and almost cried, from what I remember from last time. (I had morphine last time, and all it dose is make me flash for about an hour, and then stupidity sets in.)

a_d_a_m
06-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Glad to hear you're still upright, Tony.

Windsor58
06-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Hope you heal fast. I know what you are going through. Last time, I had 4 at once.
Drink lots of water. When I don't drink enough, I get the stones again.

ImpalaSlayer
06-15-2009, 07:09 PM
all this talk about stones makes me want to have my kidneys replaced by some inline fuel filters or something! maybe change em once a year? :dunno:

Blk Mamba
06-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Went to the urologist today, and got the craziest info ever. She told me to drink beer, they AMA is doing a survey, of all affected with kidney stones, and they think drinking beer is a quick way to pass a stone, I don't normally drink beer but may have a few today, and no I still haven't passed it yet.

stangracr
06-16-2009, 09:53 PM
At least it sounds like its in your bladder now. If its in your bladder then the bad pain is over. I dont drink so the beer thing wouldnt work for me. Dont they say cranberry juice is good for it? Did they give you a measurement of the stone? I really dont think there is a for sure fix for them. Good luck though. Try to take it easy if ya can. I know what ya mean about the back pain,first time I thought I pulled something in my back. Thats till the real pain kicks in.

ed

pantheroc
06-17-2009, 07:15 AM
Hope you get through this soon...

Blk Mamba
06-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Actually, anything that will stain your clothes becomes an agent that the calcium can attach to, and form a stone, (cranberry juice, raspberries, my favorite, Etc.), normally those are anti-oxidants that help prevent cancer, not a hard decision for me. BTW it still hasn't passed.

TAKEDOWN
06-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Let the bEeR drinking commence!

Blk Mamba
06-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Thats what my wife said.

justbob
06-17-2009, 07:49 PM
I hope all goes well for you, I've never had this and couldn't imagine the pain.

a_d_a_m
06-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Didn't even think to ask, but me 'n' dad went to Fritz's for 99¢ drafts and 20¢ wings.

Coulda got plenty of beer there!

Blk Mamba
06-17-2009, 08:31 PM
justbob, they gave me three scrips for pain meds, and I can still feel some pain. Adam, I got a 12 of Corona If it doesn't pass tonight I'll have a few.

cruzer
06-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Today I had an follow-up appointment with my urologist. The lithotripsy (ultrasound shattering) was a success. I had 2 large stones--he got one completely--will do the other one in July. Have had no pain--feel great and am driving 24 hours after the out-patient procedure. I have never passed a kidney stone--they were found by routine ultra-sound. I highly recommend the procedure before you have another attack. Insurance is covering it.Good luck. Maury

fastblackmerc
06-18-2009, 05:49 PM
At least it sounds like its in your bladder now. If its in your bladder then the bad pain is over. I dont drink so the beer thing wouldnt work for me. Dont they say cranberry juice is good for it? Did they give you a measurement of the stone? I really dont think there is a for sure fix for them. Good luck though. Try to take it easy if ya can. I know what ya mean about the back pain,first time I thought I pulled something in my back. Thats till the real pain kicks in.

ed

The bladder pain is nothing compared to to the stone coming down the tube and exiting. It WILL be the worst pain you will EVER experience.

frdwrnch
06-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Unless you have experienced this, you will never understand the desciption of pain. I am sort of surprised at the number of posts w/past experience. Is there a targeted demographic here? Scary.

Ken
06-18-2009, 07:54 PM
I have been told by a mother, that the pain is worse than labor/childbirth.

Ken

03calitejas
06-18-2009, 09:21 PM
mentioned the post about the urologist recommending beer and my fiance, ever the scientist, did some reading and offers this...

American Journal Of Epidemiology (1996) Vol 143

From a study of 45,289 men, 40-75 years of age, who had no history of
kidney stones. After adjusting for age, dietary intake of calcium, animal
protein and potassium, thiazide use, geographic region, profession, and
total fluid intake, and the intake of other beverages, the risk of stone
formation decreased by the following amount for each 240-ml (8-oz) serving consumed daily:
caffeinated coffee, 10% (95% confidence interval 4-15%);
decaffeinated coffee, 10% (3-16%); tea, 14% (5-22%); beer, 21% (12-30%);
and wine, 39% (10-58%).

For each 240-ml serving consumed daily, the risk of stone formation increased by 35% (4-75%) for apple juice and 37%
(1-85%) for grapefruit juice.

Zack
06-18-2009, 09:26 PM
I heard a crazy amount of asparagus and Coca Cola at once will dissolve a kidney stone rather quickly.