PDA

View Full Version : Whale Wars... anybody watch it?

Black_Noise
06-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Im watching it now and I understand these japanese are poaching whales, but these guys on the "steve irwin" boat chasing them are like terrorist PETA A-holes trying to sabatose the Jap boats and whatever they can.

MrBluGruv
06-14-2009, 07:46 PM
I saw mention of it and some clips from it on the Carson Daly show one night. Honestly, I'm surprised the whalers haven't come back with violent retaliation yet (or at least excessively violent retaliation if they haven't yet).

I find it almost amusing that most activists' preferred method of stopping violent action against animals or the environment is in fact violent action against those in question. It'd be more amusing if it wasn't such a completely assanine methodology.

Black_Noise
06-14-2009, 07:48 PM
yeah the peta peeps are almost worse than the whalers

Vortex
06-15-2009, 06:25 AM
I wish those fishermen would torpedo and sink those idiots.

mossiehorn
06-15-2009, 06:30 AM
PETA
People Eating Tasty Animals

CBT
06-15-2009, 06:34 AM
I think it's crazy, but they picked a cause and are doing what they can to make a difference, not a lot of people can say that. When you are older and looking back on your lifes work, can you say you were that passionate about a cause? Some people kill abortion doctors, some people serve in the military, some people fight whalers, some people try and cure diseases. To each thier own. :beer:

Haggis
06-15-2009, 06:43 AM
I think it's crazy, but they picked a cause and are doing what they can to make a difference, not a lot of people can say that. When you are older and looking back on your lifes work, can you say you were that passionate about a cause? Some people kill abortion doctors, some people serve in the military, some people fight whalers, some people try and cure diseases. To each thier own. :beer:

And the Japanese are ignoring International Law in their regards to whaling. It is not ok to hunt any animal to extinction.

CBT
06-15-2009, 07:00 AM
And the Japanese are ignoring International Law in their regards to whaling. It is not ok to hunt any animal to extinction.

Word. (except catz!)

Marauder386
06-15-2009, 07:39 AM
... just a different angle ... Greenpeace is a terrorist organization for their tactics used ... and these folks use the same ones...

With that said, I do not agree with Japan hunting to extinction....

:cool4:

Haggis
06-15-2009, 07:41 AM
... just a different angle ... Greenpeace is a terrorist organization for their tactics used ... and these folks use the same ones...

With that said, I do not agree with Japan hunting to extinction....

The gray hair dude in 'Whale Wars' was a founding member of GreenPeace and was kicked out for being to radical.

Marauder386
06-15-2009, 07:45 AM
The gray hair dude in 'Whale Wars' was a founding member of GreenPeace and was kicked out for being to radical.

Yes he was Sir Haggis. I just looked back after posting because he looked familiar....

Blackened300a
06-15-2009, 08:26 AM
I watched every episode last year and I watched the first three of this season.
I like the action of the show and how every episode something goes wrong.
This week they are stuck in a ice field and the sides of the boat are starting to collapse and may breach the hull.

CBT
06-15-2009, 08:48 AM
I watched every episode last year and I watched the first three of this season.
I like the action of the show and how every episode something goes wrong.
This week they are stuck in a ice field and the sides of the boat are starting to collapse and may breach the hull.

The whales, thankful of Greenpeaces help, return the favor and rescue them. But they eat the camera man out of spite, cause it turns out whales don't actually like to be filmed.

Krytin
06-15-2009, 10:09 AM
The whales, thankful of Greenpeaces help, return the favor and rescue them. But they eat the camera man out of spite, cause it turns out whales don't actually like to be filmed.
Now THAT'S funny!!

I personnally would like to be out there. With "improvised" munitions it could be a lot more fun!

Joe Walsh
06-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I was SO afraid to click on this thread....
I thought it would contain pictures of Rosie O'Donnell wrestling Oprah!!!

:eek:

:puke:

CBT
06-15-2009, 10:20 AM
I was SO afraid to click on this thread....
I thought it would contain pictures of Rosie O'Donnell wrestling Oprah!!!

:eek:

:puke:

Oh sweet Jesus no. No, that's just....no. Go stand in the corner.

Joe Walsh
06-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Oh sweet Jesus no. No, that's just....no. Go stand in the corner.

:lol:

Now for an even worse visual....Which one has the nicer 'blow hole'?

Aren Jay
06-16-2009, 11:56 PM