PDA

View Full Version : Calling all officers

Motorhead350
06-22-2009, 10:08 PM
What are the chances of a car actually be seized for drag racing?

Especially Illinois.

That's all.

Hacklemerc
06-23-2009, 04:57 AM
epends on the seriousness of the accusation. IT wouldn't happen in St. Clair county (where I work), it takes and act of god for us to seize anything. Best bet would be to keep it on the track.

Ken
06-23-2009, 01:41 PM
What are the chances of a car actually be seized for drag racing?

Especially Illinois.

That's all.Why would you want to take a chance to fnd out the answer?

Ken

RR|Suki
06-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Why would you want to take a chance to fnd out the answer?

Ken

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/Attention/Attention-Flags.jpg
:D

UncleLar
06-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Why would you want to take a chance to fnd out the answer?

Ken
You obviously don't know Dom,lol.

CodeMan
06-23-2009, 04:01 PM
The siezed vehicle may go to auction....or be used as a department vehicle, for good public relations...as may be the reason it being a drag car now.

Worked for a department that had siezed "The Dope Man's" nice ride, then turned around and used his ride as a School Resourse Officers vehicle. The inside was converted to a working patrol vehicle too.....the rims and paint stayed on the vehilce, but the department had it striped.......
"Donated by your local DRUG DEALER"....:lol:

Mike Poore
06-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Let's hope the young man isn't asking for a more pressing reason, like having gotten caught racing?

I guess this time it didn't make national news, like last year's incident where there were seven deaths, or was it nine, when a car plowed into a crowd that had gathered for a late night race on a public highway.

The latest incident last week in Maryland, resulted in two spectator deaths. The Maryland authorities made a big issue about last year's incident; but the racers, to my knowledge, were never caught, and apparently, the enforcement effort had little or no impact on the "sport".

Perhaps PETA should get involved, because you'll get locked up for betting on fighting dogs or chickens, (ask Mikey Vick) , but street racing/gambling, apparently, isn't as heinous a crime.

http://wjz.com/local/street.racing.county.2.1053364 .html

justbob
06-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Yes Dom it can and normally will be seized untill a court ruling. Not to mention loss of license, jail, a few thousand dollars for a mouth piece, etc. I'm sure this depends on the city your in, but pretty safe bet if it's not seized, you will at minimun be out large dollars, and no license.

Why do you ask?

Aren Jay
06-23-2009, 06:44 PM

tc4keith
06-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Repo man calling?
:lol:

1 Bad Merc
06-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Dom...IF you got caught Drag Racing I would get myself a good lawyer asap and try to save my car. The problem with impounds is they charge a daily storage fee -roughly $150 to $200 per day -not sure what Chicago's is but I can just imagine- and you can be out some tall money really quick. Not sure if you can get your car back with the new laws in place but that's why I would find a lawyer real fast. Hope that has not happened to you my friend.

Brad

limostudd
06-23-2009, 08:33 PM
street race is for idiot's thats why there are race tracks in b.c. canada if your racing on the streets the impound the car and take your license away plus a big fine. so think about :shake:

Motorhead350
06-24-2009, 01:11 AM
It's the easiest way to get money right now.

I am between two tracks right now and they are each 70 miles from me. 140 miles of driving, 30-40 bucks to race leaves me down about $100 bucks in the end. Go out racing, stay safe and your up $100 or more. Sad, but true.

I haven't done it since last fall. I stopped when I nearly got caught and it scared me really good. Right now if I was to race it wouldn't be for pleasure. I couldn't care less about getting caught, it's the car I am worried about.

rayjay
06-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Comes down to if you want to play you may have to pay. If the coppers in your area are cracking down on street racing, bend over and prepare to receive if you get caught. One bad wreck can ruin your life too. Not worth a lousy $100 in my book.

Haggis
06-24-2009, 03:27 AM
Perhaps PETA should get involved, because you'll get locked up for betting on fighting dogs or chickens, (ask Mikey Vick) , but street racing/gambling, apparently, isn't as heinous a crime.

http://wjz.com/local/street.racing.county.2.1053364 .html

I haven't seen a good chicken fight in a long time.

knine
06-24-2009, 05:07 AM
Anyone else, probally less than 3 % chance. You................100 %

Stranger in the Black Sedan
06-24-2009, 10:04 AM
so let me get this straight, you are thinking about taking up street racing as a way to make money? Aren't there burger kings hiring somewhere?

RR|Suki
06-24-2009, 10:06 AM
so let me get this straight, you are thinking about taking up street racing as a way to make money? Aren't there burger kings hiring somewhere?

I wanna know who he's beating for money... in MI the only guys who are gonna run you for money have fast cars. Maybe slow cars run for money in IL though, who knows :confused:

Joe Walsh
06-24-2009, 11:21 AM

I wanna know who he's beating for money... in MI the only guys who are gonna run you for money have fast cars. Maybe slow cars run for money in IL though, who knows :confused:

Yep...A 13 second Marauder with a noisy blower is NOT going to surprise anyone in a street race except for the clueless Ricers.

Watch out Dom...If they seem kinda dumb and are driving a ratty looking, primered american car with a stock looking V8 you are about to get suckered.

BTW: I saw an awesome sleeper a few years ago...a built stroker 351 Windsor that was dressed out like an OEM 5.0L.
It even had dirty valve covers, and a set of 'old' headers.
Everybody thought that it was some jerk who was still caught up in the "My lightly modded 5.0 Mustang is a nasty car" routine from 20 years ago.
WRONG!

Motorhead350
06-24-2009, 11:30 AM
It's worked before and it'll work again.

It's a 12 second car by the way. Couldn't you read the signature?

RR|Suki
06-24-2009, 11:34 AM
12.8 car is not a fast car as far as money races go... like I say though maybe it's a totally different deal in IL.... just seems more likely this whole thread is :bs: though ;)

Joe Walsh
06-24-2009, 11:37 AM
It's worked before and it'll work again.

It's a 12 second car by the way. Couldn't you read the signature?

My bad....I'd still be very careful about your competition.

UncleLar
06-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Bad idea Dom,even if you win a race $100 vs thousands in fines and lawyers fees and taking a chance on killing some innocent is not a good thing.Heck,you're better off taking a guitar and standing on a busy corner near the Water Tower and putting the case on the ground to collect donations while you play.And think about all the babes you could meet too!

Stranger in the Black Sedan
06-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Seriously, you would have a more steady income working for the King. If you think the risks of someone getting hurt or arrested are worth it, either a) you know something I don't and you are going to win some $10,000 street races or b) you are insane

omarauder
06-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Watch out Dom...If they seem kinda dumb and are driving a ratty looking, primered american car with a stock looking V8 you are about to get suckered.

Sort of like the movie "Two Lane Blacktop" ....:burnout:

RF Overlord
06-24-2009, 12:48 PM
...or b) you are insaneDing-ding-ding. We have a winner.

j/k, Dom...who loves you, man?

But I do agree with the others, if this is you asking a serious question, PLEASE consider the consequences very carefully. I'd rather borrow money from Paulie Walnuts than risk the alternatives...

Motorhead350
06-24-2009, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=UncleLar;774744And think about all the babes you could meet too![/QUOTE]

Yea I don't know how to talk to them Lar.

Maybe it's not such a bad idea, but we'll see.

Two Lane Black Top is one of my favorite movies BTW... very close to reality.

Some things I have done would actually qualify me to be legally insane, so yes ding ding ding!!!

I know my cars pretty well when I go out. I know what not to mess with or bet against. I still can't believe I shut down a GT-500 last summer... I should have bet on it.

This isn't B.S. BTW. I like to know what the punishment for my actions will be and this way I usually convince myself to not do it. Hince why I never started drugs, I know the side effects.

Vortech347
06-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Not only are you about to have your ass handed to you ALOT but will loose alot of money as well.

12's and 13's were fast on the street. About 15 years ago....

Expect to get tazed for being an idiot, car impounded, and heavy fines. Not to mention Screwing yourself over for 10 years with horrible insurance rates.

If you do decide this is something you want to do. Set it up with JUST that person in a non-frequented area. Race, then get the hell out of there. I still street race occationally (2-3 times a year) and thats pretty much how I do it. But havn't done it for money in years. If I get nailed oh well. I'm almost 30. Insurance won't kill me as hard as you. Just DO NOT go with any group, or any common area, or any thing like that.

Motorhead350
06-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Expect to get tazed for being an idiot,

Actually I was chased by someone here on the site with a tazer. I was fine with being tazed until he brought it out after I ate... I was afraid I would crap on myself and I had important stuff to do the next day.

12 or 13 second cars can still win, you just have to know who to hunt.

You silly goose! :P

babbage
06-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Try "man whoring" or drug dealing if you need to make some extra coin. Better yet get a better paying job!

Making $40 on a street race and damaging your rear gears for example isn't making you any money.

CBT
06-24-2009, 06:07 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I still can't believe I shut down a GT-500 last summer... I should have bet on it.
I beat one too....in a car show 2 years ago. I won the '1990-Present' Ford catagory. It was a better feeling than winning a hunnerd bucks.

Hince why I never started drugs, I know the side effects.
Two side effects of drug use are memory loss and something else.

Vortech347
06-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Actually I was chased by someone here on the site with a tazer. I was fine with being tazed until he brought it out after I ate... I was afraid I would crap on myself and I had important stuff to do the next day.

Ya know whats funny? I have a friend with a Civic that has a complete interior, extremely quiet exhaust big cams but idle smooth(my MM is louder) Built to the NUTS engine and a 5lb nitrous bottle where the spare tire goes. Runs 12.3's on 205 non-drag radials and 11's with drag radials. Made about 2k till everyone figured out what car it was. So then it had a Macco paint job. No one is going to be stupid enough to race a V8 car with a blower. To may variables. Your car could look identical to what it does now and run low 11's.

Trust me. Your gona get man handled harder than a Traci Lords flick.

Rocknthehawk
06-24-2009, 07:11 PM
I'd take a chance racing dom in my stock Z...and i bet it'd be a close race. my car in mid-high 13's, to dom's one time 12.8

Just because your name is DOM doesn't mean you're in Fast and Furious!

Vortech347
06-24-2009, 07:21 PM
I'd take his money.

LOL

Motorhead350
06-24-2009, 07:56 PM
I'd take his money.

LOL

I'd take you, but crap falls apart in my hand.

:P

cvpiftw
06-24-2009, 10:44 PM

God. I remember that night.

justbob
06-25-2009, 03:44 AM
Trust me. Your gona get man handled harder than a Traci Lords flick.
Now thats ALOT of "man" handling! :D