PDA

View Full Version : Still no respect...

Constable
10-12-2003, 08:37 AM
I was chatting with an SS owner on Friday night. He was very excited about seeing my MM run. He was more excited when I ran faster than he did. I suppose all SS owners don't share the same enthusiasm, though.

He alerted me to the fact that members of his forum (the infamous NAISSO) are still avidly talking smack about the "wannabe SS". This is just a tad upsetting to me, as I am ---and always have been --- a huge fan of the LT1 B-Body.

I invited the lad to come join us for a little chatting and advised him that we're SS friendly. I think he was receptive... but we'll see.

Rider90
10-12-2003, 08:43 AM
Why can't people just be friendly about the car they own? I am more than glad that I am accepted here

TooManyFords
10-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Welcome to the real world of the Internet, Constable. With online BBS's and Forums, there will always be those that feel the need to be "bigger", "better" or "faster" with his/her car and can only express themselves throught the typed word.

What you have to do is not worry about what everyone else thinks or even says about us and our cars. It is very different typing what we think instead of meeting face to face. Typing cannot convey facial expressions, tone of voice or feelings the way a group meeting can. Just ask those of us who met in Ennis. Even with all the respect we give each other here on the forum, it was that times 10 down there and we are still the same people.

Be glad we have the SS croud out there so we know where we stand! <Smile> <Wink> etc. hehehe

John

Constable
10-12-2003, 09:00 AM
I'm not taking it personally... I'd just like to think that some people are better than that.

Slowpoke
10-12-2003, 09:37 AM
I took a peek over there at their forum, and encourage others to do so as well..

They sure seem to love their cars just as we do. There is a tremdous amount of disinformation there about the MM. Any member of that forum who pulls up next to you will surely be surprised when you smoke 'em.

They are proud that there cars cost less when originally purchased but many of us purchased our cars outright with a heavy discount.

We seem an older, wiser bunch; the SS crowd prevers heavy metal, we prefer good 'ol rock & roll [and bagpipes].

But one thing we have in common is the love for a big, fast American car.

One of the funniest threads was from someone sayng that no more than 5 MM would show up the the Ennis roundup!

martyo
10-12-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Constable
I was chatting with an SS owner on Friday night. He was very excited about seeing my MM run. He was more excited when I ran faster than he did. I suppose all SS owners don't share the same enthusiasm, though.

Ryan: Was that guy named Greg and was he at E-Twon with us a few weeks ago?

jgc61sr2002
10-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Slowpoke
I took a peek over there at their forum, and encourage others to do so as well..

They sure seem to love their cars just as we do. There is a tremdous amount of disinformation there about the MM. Any member of that forum who pulls up next to you will surely be surprised when you smoke 'em.

They are proud that there cars cost less when originally purchased but many of us purchased our cars outright with a heavy discount.

We seem an older, wiser bunch; the SS crowd prevers heavy metal, we prefer good 'ol rock & roll [and bagpipes].

But one thing we have in common is the love for a big, fast American car.

One of the funniest threads was from someone sayng that no more than 5 MM would show up the the Ennis roundup! Poke - Well said. I concur:up:

Logan
10-12-2003, 10:27 AM
I certainly don't bear any ill will to SS owners in general, but like any group, there's always a bad apple or two... I've spent hours chatting with SS folks at local cruises, I love the cars... Personally I think It'd be interesting to co-ordinate a LARGE event, a la roundup around SS's and MM's... Talk about a press event if 65 of each or so showed up at a track... :)

martyo
10-12-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Logan
Talk about a press event if 65 of each or so showed up at a track... :)

Sign me up! :up:

Marauderman
10-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Rider90
Why can't people just be friendly about the car they own? I am more than glad that I am accepted here

WE're glad you feel this way too--and BTW --- Very Nice ride you have in your Pic there---

stay with us--you will see we are a friendly, informative bunch,, and sometimes a little funny and crazy---see I spelled that all correct--yeah --keys are spelling good!!!

Rider90
10-12-2003, 12:39 PM
:)

Jerry Barnes
10-12-2003, 01:55 PM
I agree folks. Please read the thread "Marauder's and SS's". I attempted to give my thoughts on the subject and shed some light on things that we know are happening in the future. The Marauder group is getting stronger by the minute, just like the SS folks are today. I would like to see more local or state clubs annnnnd maybe a group get together with the SS folks next year. I grew up in the 60's when there were strong rivalries between the Big 3. Those were fun days with lots of good memories. I would gladly welcome those rivalries back. Everyone benefits!

mad man
10-12-2003, 02:11 PM
The first time we ran the impalas thay showed up with 40 car's. 65 would be no problem for them. Now getting that many marauders is :rolleyes:

MAD-3R
10-12-2003, 06:19 PM
www.sshs3.com

Come one come all. I'm signed up, Bob Mathis is signed up. Anyone else?

Slowpoke
10-12-2003, 06:22 PM
while i cannot make this event, please report back to this forum after you've taken the trophy.

Bigdogjim
10-12-2003, 08:04 PM
Its a Ford vs Chevy.. Was that way in the '60 will be that way till ??

Just enjoy your car and show them the light one at time.

RCSignals
10-12-2003, 10:21 PM
I guess sometimes it's an advantage when the other guy absolutely believes it is impossible for your car to be "fast"

Maybe some of those magazine articles did us a favour? ;)