PDA

View Full Version : In the Heat of the Night

Bluerauder
06-26-2009, 05:01 PM
For you movie buffs out there ..... tonight @ 9:00 PM EDT on Turner Classic Movies.... "In the Heat of the Night" with Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger. Not sure exactly why ... but this is one of my favorite movies of all time. Great characters and story line. Lots of memorable quotes.

Took several Academy Awards (Oscars) in 1968 for "Best Picture", "Best Actor in a Leading Role", and "Best Adapted Screenplay".

First saw this movie in 1967 as a teen and it made a big impression on me. I never get tired of watching this one. Tune in and enjoy if you can. :up:

TAKEDOWN
06-26-2009, 05:58 PM
JustBob and I heat up the night, you should watch us instead.

oldekid
06-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Steiger was always one of my favorites.

Phrog_gunner
06-26-2009, 06:09 PM

From what I learned this afternoon, CBT might be mad if he heard about this....

DOOM
06-26-2009, 06:16 PM

:tmi: :tmi:

:shake:

Ms. Denmark
06-26-2009, 08:06 PM
That is a great movie Charlie! As it happens, my mom has taken over the remote in Mr. Man's absence and there is a snowball's chance on the beach that I will be seeing that or any other program in it's entirety tonight.:rolleyes:

Bluerauder
06-26-2009, 08:08 PM

From what I learned this afternoon, CBT might be mad if he heard about this....

You two ^^^^^ screw up just about every thread that you post in with irrelevant crap. No wonder threads are locked and posts are deleted. This juvenile stuff is getting really old. :flamer:

Vortex
06-26-2009, 08:27 PM
That good looking chick that plays Delores Purdy or whatever is sad story. Made a few movies in the late 60's (think she was in Will Penney too) then disappeared off the radar. Read she OD'd on heroin in the early 70's.

Bluerauder
06-27-2009, 03:48 AM
That good looking chick that plays Delores Purdy or whatever is sad story. Made a few movies in the late 60's (think she was in Will Penney too) then disappeared off the radar. Read she OD'd on heroin in the early 70's.
Her name was "Quentin Dean". I didn't find her to be particularly attractive. However, let's say that she was ..... uh ..... well-equipped. She appeared in a couple movies, including Will Penny, and some TV shows in the 1967-1969 timeframe and then just disappeared. Can't find out much about her or what happened to her. No bio and no pics on any of the movie sites.

IMDB info here >>>> Quentin Dean (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0212913/)

Publicity pic from 1967 (scroll down to pic #2) >>>> Quentin Dean photo (http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/1059-GRATUITOUSLY-SEXY-PHOTOS-OF-THE-WEEK.html)