PDA

View Full Version : With all the famous people dying....

O's Fan Rich
06-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Gotta ask;

Are you afraid of death?

Me?
I am not.
When I was on the table and they had to kick start me.... no light and no heat. No fear.

Dead = Dead.

Then you just wait to hear the Lord's voice.

John 5:28, 29

You?

guspech750
06-28-2009, 02:22 PM
i am more afraid of missing my family and friends. especially my daughter.
DEATH SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!1

Blk Mamba
06-28-2009, 02:56 PM
I've made my peace with my maker, we understand each other, and I fear nothing.

SC Cheesehead
06-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Well said, Rich. Right on target.

ImpalaSlayer
06-28-2009, 03:15 PM
of my own death no, my family, yes

CROWNMARAUDER
06-28-2009, 03:16 PM
My motto is; "I've seen enough".

Dr Caleb
06-28-2009, 04:05 PM
I've made my peace with my maker, we understand each other, and I fear nothing.

+1.

Everything that is alive will die. I do not remember fearing being born, I therefore do not fear dying.

I am a random collection of matter and energy that the Universe decided would be me for a short time. There is no point in regret. Might as well have fun while I'm here!

Pat
06-28-2009, 04:25 PM
When death come knocking at my door is what I fear most. If I die suddenly, no problem, it's that knowing when (more or less) and having to wait for it that rattles my cage. Like the Movie......... Mr. Joe Black(?)

SC Cheesehead
06-28-2009, 04:36 PM
When death come knocking at my door is what I fear most. If I die suddenly, no problem, it's that knowing when (more or less) and having to wait for it that rattles my cage. Like the Movie......... Mr. Joe Black(?)

Reminds me of "James Dean" by the Eagles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYzP95K-Q7Y

"....You were too fast to live, too young to die, bye-bye
You were to fast to live, too young to die, bye-bye
Bye-bye, bye-bye, bye-bye, bye, bye..."

Blackened300a
06-28-2009, 04:39 PM
of my own death no, my family, yes

+1,
I wasnt brainwashed as a kid in Catholic school, I know better that there is nothing wating for me in the end so I have no fear of judgement or any of that, my only fear is the day that I cant talk to my parents anymore.

UncleLar
06-28-2009, 06:05 PM
I took about a 5 minute trip down the bright white walkway.Wasn't scary at all,pretty peaceful actually.I got to a point where I could keep going or come back and I decided I didn't want to leave the wife alone with her two sons and mine to raise by herself.
Now I'd like to stick around a while to spend some more time with my son while I can.

justbob
06-28-2009, 06:40 PM
This is the fear that my wife has endured for the last two years. Breast cancer that entered her system, chased with chemo (I truly hope that no one has to witness this with a loved one), and radiation (the effects aren't too bad, my a**!) Now we are left with quarterly checkups for the next five years, and will never know if, when, how fast, etc...........

For me, it scares the crap out of me, but mostly knowing i'm leaving my wife with my three precious ones behind to fend for themselves. We pretty much started a familly when we weren't ready and have had to go without proper life insurance because of other finances, in the next year things should be put together a little better.

UncleLar
06-28-2009, 06:47 PM
This is the fear that my wife has endured for the last two years. Breast cancer that entered her system, chased with chemo (I truly hope that no one has to witness this with a loved one), and radiation (the effects aren't too bad, my a**!) Now we are left with quarterly checkups for the next five years, and will never know if, when, how fast, etc...........

For me, it scares the crap out of me, but mostly knowing i'm leaving my wife with my three precious ones behind to fend for themselves. We pretty much started a familly when we weren't ready and have had to go without proper life insurance because of other finances, in the next year things should be put together a little better.
That's a rough damn row to hoe Bob,I hope she stays "clean" and lives a good long healthy life,she sure fought long and hard enough to deserve it.

justbob
06-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Thank you Lar, that means alot.

SC Cheesehead
06-28-2009, 07:28 PM

Hey Bob, +1 on UncleLar's thoughts. I'll add you guys to my prayer list.

Dr Caleb
06-28-2009, 08:59 PM

+2 on the 'no one should have to witness a loved one go through that.' :bigcry:

Motorhead350
06-28-2009, 10:49 PM
I agree with Paul, but I went to Catholic school... wasn't my choice.

As far as death is concerned, it's complicated.

A lot of times I'll go days at a time where I want to sleep and never wake up or plot a way to end it, but soon as I think I am in danger of losing my life (like when I hear a gunshot) I suddenly care again. I guess it's the fear in me or something. I gotta think I'm 23, there is no reason to do anything stupid. but I don't know. I'm not too fond of the world... at least the modern world.

I'm a very confused person and I guess most at my age are.

LIGHTNIN1
06-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Very simple. If I can't take my Marauder I'm not going. Someone else will have to go.