PDA

View Full Version : What can we learn?

MM03MOK
06-28-2009, 07:11 PM
I read this on LinkedIn, posted by Shawn Doyle, a professional speaker, author and trainer and also a former instructor of mine. This is worth the short read and a really good reminder of what's really important in life.

RIP Billy Mays- What can we learn?

I am sure you may know Billy Mays was found dead this morning. I was really upset by this news. I have been watching his show "Pitchmen" for a while. Yes I know other more prominent people passed this week ( Micheal Jackson, Farrah, Ed McMahon) but Billy was the guy I most identified with. Like me he was 50, was energetic, motivated and seemed like a really nice guy and loved what he did for a living. So what can we all learn?

1) Live your life to the fullest
2) Appreciate who you love- time is short, tell them and show them
3) Do what you need to do now don't wait
4) Call your Mom
5) If you hate your job- find another one you don't hate
6) Don't squander your potential- use your talents
7) Think about your long term legacy- how do you want to be remembered?
8) Make your life count for something
9) Surround yourself with great people ... and don't spend time with mean and miserable people
10) If you are holding a grudge against some one let it go
11) Laugh more

So today as a tribute to Billy lets consider all these things and live the very best lives possible. RIP Billy Mays. You didn't know it but you inspired me.

12) Love your family

TAKEDOWN
06-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the reminder, though 1-11 are all important #11 helps life go by easy!

gmtech
06-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Good stuff, its easy to get "dis-connected" from life, we all need to be humbled sometime

freakstatus
06-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Words to live by.....

guspech750
06-28-2009, 08:44 PM
I read this on LinkedIn, posted by Shawn Doyle, a professional speaker, author and trainer and also a former instructor of mine. This is worth the short read and a really good reminder of what's really important in life.

Great post. Absolutely right on!!!

:bows:All Hail Mighty Billy:bows:

R.I.P. Billy

Motorhead350
06-28-2009, 10:24 PM
I can hardly deal with people...

Glockafella
06-28-2009, 10:37 PM
I can hardly deal with people...

I am a corrections officer...don't talk to me about dealing with people...:D

Motorhead350
06-28-2009, 10:55 PM
I am a corrections officer...don't talk to me about dealing with people...:D

I was born 50 years too late. Don't talk to me about the world.

I can only imagine what a day is like you for you though. I have a friend in prison and I visit him, so I have a slight idea.

CBT
06-29-2009, 04:29 AM
If you don't forward these 11 rules to 11 people withing the next 11 minutes, you will have 11 years of bad luck.

Mike Poore
06-29-2009, 04:47 AM
I know what's important...my Barbara .... and that our son, John, is bringing our grandchildren home for a five day visit. Put "love your family" down as #12.

Thanks for posting that, Mary. :lovies:

babbage
06-29-2009, 05:12 AM
13. Drive the car you love. Don't leave it in the garage all the time.

cruzer
06-29-2009, 08:36 AM
I am 80 years old, married 57 years with 4 children, 3 grandchildren and 1 1/2 greatgrandchildren. Ginny and myself have lived our lives thru thick and thin ( and there have been plenty of thin spots) pretty much by those rules. Our additions are:
Your family comes first
Have faith and believe in miracles ( we've had a few)
Take full responsibility for your actions, teach your kids to do the same
Morals and ethics are a part of our every day life
Marriage is a 110/110 deal--find the good points, don't ***** about the little things
Don't be ashamed to cry
LOVE EACH OTHER

I can only wish that all of you are as healthy and happy as we are at age 80. God Bless You,
Ginny and Maury

DOOM
06-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Well said bunny :2thumbs:

Cobra25
06-29-2009, 12:38 PM
They all sound like good idea's.