PDA

View Full Version : Contributing membership

Joe Walsh
06-29-2009, 09:46 AM
How can a contributing member determine when their yearly renewal date is?

DOOM
06-29-2009, 09:47 AM
I think they send emails out joe joe

Joe Walsh
06-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Good, because I plan on deleting that Email as soon as I recieve it.

Unfortunately, I won't contribute financially to the site anymore.

I'm tired of the BS, deleted threads/posts, banned members, and ridiculous 'pie in the sky - What if ?' threads.

BTW: Innocent and reasonable question: Could a VW Phaeton's W12 engine work in my Marauder?
Just wondering...

MM03MOK
06-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Your supporting membership expires July 9, Joe. No need to do anything. Thanks for letting us know. If you have more than 1,000 PMs, you'll need to delete and/or download them to regain use of the PM system.

On behalf of the Members here, thank you for your donation this past year. It went to good use for such fun things as sponsoring Carlisle, SSHS, SSM Annual picnic, Louisville and the free raffle for Supporting Members.

Joe Walsh
06-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks Mary,
What happens to the 'PM's in excess of 1,000?

MM03MOK
06-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks Mary,
What happens to the 'PM's in excess of 1,000?
Until you delete them, they sit there, but you can't send and receive PMs if you have more than 1,000 of them.

Blackened300a
06-29-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm tired of the BS, deleted threads/posts, banned members, and ridiculous 'pie in the sky - What if ?' threads

+1 this isnt someones personal blog or a post count contest. I know Charlie will be passed for the most posts soon and I also know that there wont be a meaningful respect of the site thread like Charlies when the troll passes him.

Bluerauder
06-29-2009, 02:28 PM
+1 this isnt someones personal blog or a post count contest. I know Charlie will be passed for the most posts soon and I also know that there wont be a meaningful respect of the site thread like Charlies when the troll passes him.

I wouldn't worry about it Paul. ;) Unless I quit posting altogether soon, I estimate that it will take about 19.5 years for him to catch me since he only gains about 1 post per day on me. :D At that rate, it'll take a long time to make up the 6,080 post difference.

Blackened300a
06-29-2009, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't worry about it Paul. ;) Unless I quit posting altogether soon, I estimate that it will take about 19.5 years for him to catch me since he only gains about 1 post per day on me. :D At that rate, it'll take a long time to make up the 6,080 post difference.

SHHHHHHHHH!! Im predicting 25 new nonsense threads starting up tonight now that you broke it down! :lol:

Joe Walsh
06-29-2009, 03:48 PM

Quantity? I hope that day doesn't come to pass...
But remember the old saying:

"There are no stupid questions...But there are a lot of inquisitive idiots!"

He will certainly never match you Charlie in regards to quality.
You are always helping out fellow members with useful information, pointers and links to older threads that address their concerns.
:beer:

Bluerauder
06-29-2009, 04:25 PM
You are always helping out fellow members with useful information, pointers and links to older threads that address their concerns.
I appreciate the vote of confidence Joe. Posting the old thread info is the easy part. Finding it is sometimes difficult. ;) Gotta use the right combination of search terms to zero in on the correct post. When my memory starts to fade .... I'm done.

CBT
06-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Quantity? I hope that day doesn't come to pass...
But remember the old saying:

"There are no stupid questions...But there are a lot of inquisitive idiots!"

Who Charlie is?:dunno:...............:D

Ms. Denmark
06-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Joe, calling you out my friend. This site has been a source of information and entertainment for you (and me and lots of members) all year long. I know you had a good time in Carlisle and wasn't it you I enjoyed having dinner with at the Embers? (The dinner that mm.net. picked up the tab for?) ;) Now you don't want to continue your financial support? I can't believe my ears. :( You need to re-think this please. I will continue my financial support as long as I am using the site and attending meets. You, among many others, are a valuable contributor and supporter. If we all cut and run there will be no car club. I hope this isn't your aim. Who are you punishing? It will be all the rest of us who stick it out. And is it really so bad? Honestly I can't understand why anyone opens/reads/responds to threads by people that annoy them. If you'd just stop doing that you could live in a blissful state of unawareness. (like me);) Please Joe, give it some more thought.:burnout:

CBT
06-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Joe, calling you out my friend. This site has been a source of information and entertainment for you (and me and lots of members) all year long. I know you had a good time in Carlisle and wasn't it you I enjoyed having dinner with at the Embers? (The dinner that mm.net. picked up the tab for?) ;) Now you don't want to continue your financial support? I can't believe my ears. :( You need to re-think this please. I will continue my financial support as long as I am using the site and attending meets. You, among many others, are a valuable contributor and supporter. If we all cut and run there will be no car club. I hope this isn't your aim. Who are you punishing? It will be all the rest of us who stick it out. And is it really so bad? Honestly I can't understand why anyone opens/reads/responds to threads by people that annoy them. If you'd just stop doing that you could live in a blissful state of unawareness. (like me);) Please Joe, give it some more thought.:burnout:

Ya, what she said. I don't think I've met Joe, but I'd like to. Seems like a laugh riot, whip smart sense of humor. And a car collection from hell! :( I wish everyday could be like the Louisville meet:( I miss my homies and homettes.

Haggis
06-30-2009, 04:04 AM
I wish everyday could be like the Louisville meet:( I miss my homies and homettes.

Even though you spent the first night praying to the Porclin Goddess?

CBT
06-30-2009, 05:21 AM
Even though you spent the first night praying to the Porclin Goddess?

Second day was when it hit, I had a couple drinks the first night. I don't know what it was, but it almost kept me from even leaving Hampton. I forget who it was, someone from the site, I told them I may not show up. I came very close to posting a "who wants my room, it's paid for" thread. But it all worked out, glad we made it.:beer:

Haggis
06-30-2009, 06:11 AM
Second day was when it hit, I had a couple drinks the first night. I don't know what it was, but it almost kept me from even leaving Hampton. I forget who it was, someone from the site, I told them I may not show up. I came very close to posting a "who wants my room, it's paid for" thread. But it all worked out, glad we made it.:beer:

And we were glad you and jr. made it too.

MM03MOK
06-30-2009, 06:13 AM

And we were glad you and jr. made it too.

I'm sure that'll be a birthday party Jr. won't soon forget! :cake: What a cool Dad!! :D

CBT
06-30-2009, 06:23 AM
I'm sure that'll be a birthday party Jr. won't soon forget! :cake: What a cool Dad!! :D

We weren't even outside the city limits and she asked when we were coming back. I said it's once a year, thought she was goin to :bigcry: We watched all 17 hours of pre-derby show, looking at where we stood, where we parked, all that neat stuff, then watched the race, we still have it DVR'd, I was telling (Kentucky)Mike we play it about once a week and yell MINE THAT BIRD!!! when the announcer does, lol. Fantastic finish. Good times carried over long after the trip ended. People don't know what they miss:beer:

Aren Jay
06-30-2009, 06:30 AM
.............................. ........................
There are more but these are enough.

CBT
06-30-2009, 06:32 AM
There are of course reason some of us do not join.

1. We can't go to the events because we are too far away.
2. No events take place around here because we are too far away from you.
3. Vegas purposed as an optional site for an event is still 3 days away, 5 tanks of gas, 2 hotel rooms, 8 meals in resturants, each way.
4. I'm not going to meet any of you for an event unless I somehow find myself way out east there for some reason, and it is not going to be for business.
5. Licensing issues some of us have talked about.

There are more but these are enough.

You could have stopped at 1.

Leadfoot281
06-30-2009, 03:03 PM
I became a supporting member for one reason; While at each of the two the Kentucky meets I've attended, I got to go on tours and eat breakfast for free.

Leadfoot has never eaten a 'free meal' in his life and that's not about to start now. How much more I contribute depends largely on how much more I get from it.

KillJoy
06-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Leadfoot has never eaten a 'free meal' in his life and that's not about to start now.

He will if he is ever in the area, he will ;)

KillJoy

MERCMAN
06-30-2009, 03:17 PM
I became a supporting member for one reason; While at each of the two the Kentucky meets I've attended, I got to go on tours and eat breakfast for free.

Leadfoot has never eaten a 'free meal' in his life and that's not about to start now. How much more I contribute depends largely on how much more I get from it.

And you are more than welcome!!

With all the bashing of the mods/owners, I wonder how many people realize how much is given back to the site?
There are no perks in keeping this site up and running, we all have full time jobs and this site is a labor of love(sometimes). We enjoy having the members get together at various meets throughout the year and we make as many as we can(at our own expense) We support regional meets all over the country whether we attend or not. The various raffles, member contributions, and vendor fees allow us to do this. The annual Marauderville meet is the biggest event for our site and the amount of planning and hours spent to make it a sucess are a tribute to the members that choose to donate their time.

I would suggest trying to make it to one of the meets and see exactly what this site is all about. Or you can sit behind the keyboard and complain. Just my .02

I am not familiar with other boards and what they do, but I DO know we give back to our members.

justbob
06-30-2009, 04:24 PM
And to think, I almost overslept for the one free meal in Kentucky!

Ms. Denmark
06-30-2009, 04:46 PM
All kidding aside....have gotten to meet several of those evil Mods. Guess what? They are real people. Even more astonishing......they are really nice real people.... smart , funny, generous and we like them....a lot.

Mike Poore
06-30-2009, 05:22 PM
All kidding aside....have gotten to meet several of those evil Mods. Guess what? They are real people. Even more astonishing......they are really nice real people.... smart , funny, generous and we like them....a lot.

Paula likes me best. :D

Joe Walsh
06-30-2009, 05:34 PM
And you are more than welcome!!

With all the bashing of the mods/owners, I wonder how many people realize how much is given back to the site?
There are no perks in keeping this site up and running, we all have full time jobs and this site is a labor of love(sometimes). We enjoy having the members get together at various meets throughout the year and we make as many as we can(at our own expense) We support regional meets all over the country whether we attend or not. The various raffles, member contributions, and vendor fees allow us to do this. The annual Marauderville meet is the biggest event for our site and the amount of planning and hours spent to make it a sucess are a tribute to the members that choose to donate their time.

The support at Carlisle was great!
Thank you, MM.net, again for the help/donations and the dinner!:beer:

I would suggest trying to make it to one of the meets and see exactly what this site is all about. Or you can sit behind the keyboard and complain. Just my .02

Absolutely!
The local CAM group is active and strong.
LOTS of CAMmers come to the many meets we hold each year.

I am not familiar with other boards and what they do, but I DO know we give back to our members.

This site does give back to it's members and to be honest...it is unexpected and very much appreciated!
I really don't expect nor look for a 'payback' from the site.
I feel that the members should be contributors, helping each other, as well as the site...not 'takers'.
I've even made several strong efforts to get other members to consider helping the site out financially as a small token for what they get in return from this site.

Having said that, my gripe with the site is that it is run by a committee (the owners group).
Nothing against any of them..I know and consider several of them to be good friends.
But I feel that ruling by committee has lead to mixed signals, some waffling, and some uneven governing practices.

Just my 2 cents.

Unfortunately, as I stated at the beginning of this thread, I most probably will not contribute financially to the site when my renewal date arrives in 1 week.

KillJoy
06-30-2009, 05:52 PM

I have met each and every one of them. Shared food and drink, laughs and sorrow with them all.... and all of this was years before you joined.

I KNOW where this site is headed.

KillJoy

Ms. Denmark
06-30-2009, 06:24 PM
your point being.......Mr. Killjoy

KillJoy
06-30-2009, 06:27 PM
your point being.......Mr. Killjoy

Point being, seeing is NOT believeing.

KillJoy

Ms. Denmark
06-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Paula likes me best. :D
We are VERY fond of you, Mike. (if not your taste in cars:D)

Leadfoot281
06-30-2009, 07:20 PM

For those of you that have either missed the point or can't read between the lines, here it is;

1. After 5 years I've had a grand total of $175 in repairs on my car. Did anyone here fix it? No. Did I need any advise? Not really. It started missing as I was passing my favorite tractor dealership. I pulled in and they fixed it. Done deal!

2. With the exception of my Zack Control Arms, SS Inserts, Delete Tips, and totally cool bumper sticker, my car is still 98% stock. Stock tune and alignment specs too! Special thanks goes out to D.R. (and his business practices) for helping keep my car stock. ;) Can I thank MM.NET for this info? LoL!!! However I can thank the efforts of the membership. I should buy them a free lunch. :bows:

3. Funding AJ's personal blog is of no real importance to me. Besides that, he's the one looking to buy all these fancy Ferrari's, Yachts, helicopters, and K-car Limosines. Let him pay for his own blog! I highly doubt he wants to help pay for my blog (my blog would be better anyway).

So the question is; How much am I really "getting" from this site? I know what my answer is. What's yours?

KillJoy
06-30-2009, 07:29 PM
I highly doubt he wants to help pay for my blog (my blog would be better anyway).

You know, I am not gonna swing on any nuts here, but I have heard your stories. I have ready your emails. I do not live your life, but DAMN, you have enough funny stories to keep folks rolling for hours (assuming they know your accent ;) ) :D

KillJoy

Bluerauder
06-30-2009, 07:31 PM
So the question is; How much am I really "getting" from this site?

You mean besides that warm fuzzy feeling of being a Supporting Member and the little flags by your avatar?

I guess you missed the free breakfast in Louisville, KY in 2007. Dash plaques, raffle prizes, goody bags, etc. .... What else did I miss? You were there in 2006, too right?

Leadfoot281
06-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Doesn't everyone pronounce creek as "crick"? Lol! :rolleyes:

Leadfoot281
06-30-2009, 07:36 PM
You mean besides that warm fuzzy feeling of being a Supporting Member and the little flags by your avatar?

I guess you missed the free breakfast in Louisville, KY in 2007. Dash plaques, raffle prizes, goody bags, etc. .... What else did I miss? You were there in 2006, too right?

Yep. Made it two years in a row. All paid for. If not you're welcome to come on up to Minnesota and shoot some deer or coyotes for me. (approximate retail value $50). Like I said, Leadfoot has never has a free lunch in his life.

KillJoy
06-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Yep. Made it two years in a row. All paid for. If not you're welcome to come on up to Minnesota and shoot some deer or coyotes for me. (approximate retail value $50). Like I said, Leadfoot has never has a free lunch in his life.

Are you actually invitin' folks to come to your place and rid you of varmints?

I have a .308 that needs sighted in....

:D

KillJoy

Leadfoot281
06-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Are you actually invitin' folks to come to your place and rid you of varmints?

I have a .308 that needs sighted in....

KillJoy

Absolutely! I won't be able to put little flags next to your name or nothing though. Maybe management can come with little skulls instead. :D

To those that don't feel I've paid, or paid enough, I'd certainly offer REAL cash donations to this site instead of an exclusive, super glamorous free hunting expedition, but all I'm doing is keeping the lights on for dim-wit. That certainly seems counter-productive, ironic, and completely unnessesary IMO.

Here, in the glorious land of Al Franken, I can still vote with my dollars at least.

Haggis
07-01-2009, 03:55 AM
I KNOW where this site is headed.

KillJoy

Steve, I know you think very little of me at this point and I am being an a$$, but I am still waiting to hear what you know on the 'inside'.

O's Fan Rich
07-01-2009, 04:47 AM
Steve, I know you think very little of me at this point and I am being an a$$, but I am still waiting to hear what you know on the 'inside'.

Oh, Steve's met you?

:lol::lol::lol:
:laugh:

Haggis
07-01-2009, 05:58 AM
Oh, Steve's met you?

:lol::lol::lol:
:laugh:

Oh, yes, Steve and I know each other, I have met Steve more times then I have met with you. :D

Joe Walsh
07-01-2009, 07:42 AM
For those of you that have either missed the point or can't read between the lines, here it is;

3. Funding AJ's personal blog is of no real importance to me. Besides that, he's the one looking to buy all these fancy Ferrari's, Yachts, helicopters, and K-car Limosines. Let him pay for his own blog! I highly doubt he wants to help pay for my blog (my blog would be better anyway).

That's pretty much the way I feel.

So the question is; How much am I really "getting" from this site? I know what my answer is. What's yours?

Less and less enjoyment and a LOT more drama and frustration.

To those that don't feel I've paid, or paid enough, I'd certainly offer REAL cash donations to this site instead of an exclusive, super glamorous free hunting expedition, but all I'm doing is keeping the lights on for dim-wit. That certainly seems counter-productive, ironic, and completely unnessesary IMO.

Hence the reason for me starting this thread and allowing my 'contributing membership' to expire.

Aren Jay
07-01-2009, 08:31 AM
......................$50.00

Pops
07-01-2009, 08:34 AM
You should all consider what you are paying for.

If "donations" went to paying for a Ford approved site, I would donate.

If "donations" are for meets that I can't attend, why would i donate?

On the other hand if you do attend these meets, it is obvious, pay up and enjoy your "bought lunch" meet racing etc...

Should this site wish to apply to Ford for accreditation site approval. I will send in my $50.00 donation.

They just do not want to. Why not pay for the bandwidth you have burned up around here! You are a freeloader who thinks it is OK to not pay your way. This has nothing to do with this being a Ford approved site or you being able to attend events!

ImpalaSlayer
07-01-2009, 08:39 AM

1. After 5 years I've had a grand total of $175 in repairs on my car. Did anyone here fix it? No. Did I need any advise? Not really. It started missing as I was passing my favorite tractor dealership. I pulled in and they fixed it. Done deal!

2. With the exception of my Zack Control Arms, SS Inserts, Delete Tips, and totally cool bumper sticker, my car is still 98% stock. Stock tune and alignment specs too! Special thanks goes out to D.R. (and his business practices) for helping keep my car stock. ;) Can I thank MM.NET for this info? LoL!!! However I can thank the efforts of the membership. I should buy them a free lunch. :bows:

probly my new favorite quote! :beer:

Blackened300a
07-01-2009, 09:08 AM
If the troll was banned for life, Would anyone here step up and accuse the mods of over-moderation??

I personally wouldnt. I contribute for the info I do get from the, its a place where meets can be put together with other Marauder owners, and I just enjoy the forum. I dont enjoy my cash sponsering someones blog.

Aren Jay
07-01-2009, 09:59 PM

rayjay
07-02-2009, 12:40 AM
It is very simple, make everyone pay and see how many members you have. But then this isn't a pay to view site is it?

Besides there would be problems if it was...

Too bad I can't ignore you Mr. Stereo.

AJ, repeat after me "thorazine is my friend", "thorazine is my friend", "thorazine is my friend". Now, slowly back away from the keyboard, see the orderly, be a good boy and take your rocket fuel.

Pops
07-02-2009, 05:34 AM
It is very simple, make everyone pay and see how many members you have. But then this isn't a pay to view site is it?

Besides there would be problems if it was...

Too bad I can't ignore you Mr. Stereo.

Trust me AJ as I do ignore you!

KillJoy
07-02-2009, 05:45 AM
How To Use The Ignore Feature (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35747&highlight=ignore)

Ahhh.... the memories...

:rolleyes:

KillJoy

Aren Jay
07-02-2009, 11:02 AM

MERCMAN
07-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Aren, Pops stereo is a well respected vendor and a friend. Your sarcasm toward him is not appreciated. Please keep your comments on topic.

Blackened300a
07-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Aren, Pops stereo is a well respected vendor and a friend. Your sarcasm toward him is not appreciated. Please keep your comments on topic.

I agree. I think this calls for a vacation!

Joe Walsh
07-08-2009, 01:51 PM
I agree. I think this calls for a vacation!

Don't count on that happening....:rolleyes:

Pops
07-08-2009, 01:56 PM
I thought maybe I would get the vacation. Did not know about the respect part!

Joe Walsh
07-08-2009, 02:04 PM
I thought maybe I would get the vacation. Did not know about the respect part!

I respect anyone who endeavors to stuff a 428 FE Big Block into a Marauder!!!......:bows:

Someday I will follow you in this most excellent 'mod'...although it might be with a certain flavor of '385' series Big Block....:D

BTW: My 'victory flags' are gone tomorrow...:(

O's Fan Rich
07-08-2009, 02:06 PM
i respect anyone who endeavors to stuff a 428 fe big block into a marauder!!!......:bows:

Someday i will follow you in this most excellent 'mod'...although it might be with a certain flavor of '385' series big block....:d

btw: My 'victory flags' are gone tomorrow...:(

427 sohc..... Ftw!!!!

Joe Walsh
07-08-2009, 02:08 PM
427 sohc..... Ftw!!!!

A CAMMER for a CAMmer!

If only those 427 SOHCs weren't so friggin' wide!

Definitely the baddest V8 ever made!

Pops
07-08-2009, 02:12 PM
The cammers are cool but it would take years to find the money to do that. Check your PMs Joe and you will smile!;)

Joe Walsh
07-08-2009, 02:17 PM
The cammers are cool but it would take years to find the money to do that. Check your PMs Joe and you will smile!;)

Yes, ridiculous amounts of money for 427 CAMMER stuff.

RF Overlord
07-08-2009, 02:34 PM
"thorazine is my friend". Now, slowly back away from the keyboard, see the orderly, be a good boy and take your rocket fuel.Thorazine is a neuroleptic. Rocket fuel is hydrazine...hmmm...maybe he should take that, too.