PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Madoff gets maximum 150 years in prison

ctrlraven
06-29-2009, 11:15 AM
:beer: Too bad he is 71 and won't see all those 150 years served.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/finance/20090626/US.Madoff.Scandal/

Joe Walsh
06-29-2009, 11:19 AM
He better get non-removable dentures...:eek:

CBT
06-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Now that he's done with Ponzi schemes, he's about to learn what "insider trading" is all about.

Joe Walsh
06-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Now that he's done with Ponzi schemes, he's about to learn what "insider trading" is all about.

:lol:

Although, there could be a 6'6" 340 pound lonely convict named 'Ponzi'.

CBT
06-29-2009, 11:28 AM
:lol:

Although, there could be a 6'6" 340 pound lonely convict named 'Ponzi'.

Or DOOM! (Just kidding, doomie buddy pal friend)

Joe Walsh
06-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Or DOOM! (Just kidding, doomie buddy pal friend)

LOL....

Then 'DOOM' would be the correct name sir!

(Just kidding Jake, my good friend, pal,, buddy...:o)

Vortex
06-29-2009, 03:18 PM
The guy is a scumbag, this is true, but I read someplace an article about all the investors that had their money with him. First, they were all invited in person to invest with the guy, no advertising ect... so those that invested thought they were being pretty snarky about it. Secondly, the guy paid off around 10% a year, regardless of how the economy was doing. So lets say youre in with Madoff and its a crappy year and yet you are still pulling in 10%. Only idiots or those who know something wasnt kosher would let that go on. I know there were legitimate charities involved and I feel bad for them but frankly from what I read up until the time the scheme was uncovered all those "investors" thought they were pulling one over on the rest of us slobs. Boo hoo.

Bluerauder
06-29-2009, 04:31 PM
:beer: Too bad he is 71 and won't see all those 150 years served.
Yeah, even with good behavior he'll be at least 146 years old when he gets out. ;) The judge wanted to send a strong message to the other scam artists out there. I bet they ain't listening at all. :rolleyes:

guspech750
06-29-2009, 07:09 PM
The guy is a scumbag, this is true, but I read someplace an article about all the investors that had their money with him. First, they were all invited in person to invest with the guy, no advertising ect... so those that invested thought they were being pretty snarky about it. Secondly, the guy paid off around 10% a year, regardless of how the economy was doing. So lets say youre in with Madoff and its a crappy year and yet you are still pulling in 10%. Only idiots or those who know something wasnt kosher would let that go on. I know there were legitimate charities involved and I feel bad for them but frankly from what I read up until the time the scheme was uncovered all those "investors" thought they were pulling one over on the rest of us slobs. Boo hoo.

I hear ya brotha!! Boo Hoo!! Funny how one steals from the rich and gets 150 years yet some drunk slob can go kill one of us and maybe get 30 or 40 years!! Some thing is wrong with that picture too.

CBT
06-29-2009, 07:13 PM
He's prolly a White Sox fan, too! :flamer:
Is it football season yet, sheesh.

Phrog_gunner
06-29-2009, 07:26 PM
is it football season yet, sheesh.

go gators!!!

CBT
06-29-2009, 07:27 PM
go gators!!!

Volunteers whaaaaaaaat? I quess I should clarify: NFL!!

Leadfoot281
06-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah, even with good behavior he'll be at least 146 years old when he gets out. ;) The judge wanted to send a strong message to the other scam artists out there. I bet they ain't listening at all. :rolleyes:

I think there's a few sitting in D.C right now wondering how much time they'll get when people figure out;

1. Global warming is a scam.
2. Bail outs don't work.
3. "Tax dollars" are really OUR dollars and shouldn't be used for buying votes.

merc
06-29-2009, 09:22 PM
By the time Madoff gets out of jail he will have anal cancer and sick of hearing the song "Beat it" by MJ. :banana2:

CBT
06-30-2009, 03:56 AM
By the time Madoff gets out of jail he will have anal cancer and sick of hearing the song "Beat it" by MJ. :banana2:
Maybe they will find him hanging in a shower with a loofah cord wrapped around certain parts of himself.