PDA

View Full Version : For as long as it lasts.....

knine
06-29-2009, 08:05 PM
For as long as this thread lasts, it will be my explination. I recently asked a mod here to explain something to me. I was avoided, no answer provided. If I cannot get the respect for a simple question, than I am not respected as a member, albiet a supporting member, and I have asked to be removed from the site. Thank-you to all my friends, it was good to have met you. Earin.

PantherP71
06-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Sorry to hear Khine. :(

Rocknthehawk
06-29-2009, 08:09 PM
and another one gone....

at some point the bleeding will stop, or the site will cease to have contributing members.

never talked to you personally Earin, but you seemed to bring a cool attitute and a lot of knowledge to the site. Sad to see you leave.

CBT
06-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Why is it this just now popped up? What in blue blazes is going on around here?

Blackmobile
06-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Sorry to hear your intent my friend, live long and Prosper.

oldekid
06-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Another good one gone.

:eek: :shake:

TiTo35
06-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Aint this bout a *****!?

PantherP71
06-29-2009, 09:53 PM
I think the mods should leave all the fallen shoulder threads to show members that people are not happy.

Something has to change.

limostudd
06-29-2009, 09:54 PM
sorry to see you leave but i can see why the pass few days here has been full of allot of BS postings i use to love signing in and talking about the marauder theres allot of good info on this site lets keep it this way!! some guys need to grow up and remember what this site is for i get sick of some one just posting stuff that has nothing to do with the marauders this site has turned in to high school all over i even thinking sell the marauder if it going to be like this

sorry my ture feelings:mad2:

rayjay
06-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Amazing and sad to see how one jerk off can cause such havoc. :shake:

Haggis
06-30-2009, 03:23 AM
Bye, bye....:wave:

Rockettman
06-30-2009, 03:45 AM
When I bought my Marauder 2+ years ago, I had no idea of this site. Once I found it, I can't even tell you how much help I've gotten here and all of you out there!
I have learned so much and the help with problems has been incredible.
The first time I wanted to buy something from another member here, I was very hesitant because of distance - Canada & US - but the people I have delt with here are people I'd actually like to meet face to face.
I am sorry to here of your misfortune here, and the comment above about it becoming very "side tracked" has to be stopped. If you want highschool again, go to Facebook, not here!
I find this site in-valuable, and wish to have it stay that way. I'm not going anywhere.
Thanks everyone out there for making me feel like part of the Marauder family even with all the distances!
:beer:

Rockettman
06-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Ttt*******

Bluerauder
06-30-2009, 04:32 AM
For as long as this thread lasts, it will be my explination. I recently asked a mod here to explain something to me. I was avoided, no answer provided. If I cannot get the respect for a simple question, than I am not respected as a member, albiet a supporting member, and I have asked to be removed from the site. Thank-you to all my friends, it was good to have met you. Earin.

Sorry that it had to come to this .... :(

“Son, we enjoy a site that has rules, and those rules have to be guarded by moderators with buttons. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? The moderators have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Zack or Aren Jay, and you curse the administrators. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what they know. That Zack’s banning, while tragic, probably was well deserved and long overdue. And that the rule’s existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, preserves the dignity of the site. I know deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want mods on those buttons, you need them on those buttons. We use words like family, membership, and wealth of information. We use these words as the backbone of a site dedicated to the Mercury Marauder. You use them as a punchline. The mods have neither the time nor the inclination to explain themselves to a member who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very watchfulness that they provide, then question the manner in which they provide it. They might just prefer that you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some buttons of your own, and volunteer to serve as a moderator.. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!”

…. With apologies to Jack Nicholson and Colonel Nathan Jessup.

KillJoy
06-30-2009, 04:37 AM
And..... you were one that wanted me to return to the Site. :rolleyes:

This site begain a slow, downward spiral in October of 2006. It has tore apart good friends and caused more stress for others than any forum should. The Moderation (solely) is the cause of this. Nine folks all equal owner, with their own agendas (whatever that might be), motives and personalities CANNOT moderate a Forum effectivly. This has been proven. Two of the Original 9 have been "removed". Issues with Vendors were handled poorly from day one with Bannings, and then sweeping constant complaints of another Vendor under the rug, taking no actions. For them, this Site must remain Bubblegum and Sugar Drop, Rated G for all.

This Forum was ONCE a good place to hang out and learn. That seems to no longer be the case. Did I have a part of the spiral? Sure. I also was gone for 6 Months and it looks like things kept chugging right along.

It IS funny, in the last week, the Drama Threads (as always) bring folks from the woodwork. Just look at higher Thread Views.

Oh well, I am sure this Thread / Post will not last.

And Gordon, you negativity does NOT help. You are waving goodbye to folks you, at least at one point, called Friend. Good for standing up for them.

:up:

KillJoy

KillJoy
06-30-2009, 04:40 AM
If you only knew what the Moderators know.... :rolleyes: ... if you did, I do not think you would be so quick to defend them. As for anyone else being a Moderator, I suggested that when the 9 took over. I suggested that NONE of them be involved in Moderating the Forum. That worked out well.... didn't it.

KillJoy

Sorry that it had to come to this .... :(

“Son, we enjoy a site that has rules, and those rules have to be guarded by moderators with buttons. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? The moderators have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Zack or Aren Jay, and you curse the administrators. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what they know. That Zack’s banning, while tragic, probably was well deserved and long overdue. And that the rule’s existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, preserves the dignity of the site. I know deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want mods on those buttons, you need them on those buttons. We use words like family, membership, and wealth of information. We use these words as the backbone of a site dedicated to the Mercury Marauder. You use them as a punchline. The mods have neither the time nor the inclination to explain themselves to a member who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very watchfulness that they provide, then question the manner in which they provide it. They might just prefer that you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some buttons of your own, and volunteer to serve as a moderator.. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!”

…. With apologies to Jack Nicholson and Colonel Nathan Jessup.

Haggis
06-30-2009, 05:03 AM
And Gordon, you negativity does NOT help. You are waving goodbye to folks you, at least at one point, called Friend. Good for standing up for them.

:up:

KillJoy

If they want to leave I am not goning to stop them. If they are going to B**** and then post; 'I'm leaving because....', again I am not gonig to stop them, but all I have to say is; bye bye.

Steve you have helped me out a numerous times and I truly thank you for it, but when you are a pain in the A$$ and act like an ********* I want nothing to do with you. I am torn because with you I do not know which one is going to show up Dr. Jeckell or Mr. Hide.

Haggis
06-30-2009, 05:04 AM
If you only knew what the Moderators know.... :rolleyes: ... if you did, I do not think you would be so quick to defend them. As for anyone else being a Moderator, I suggested that when the 9 took over. I suggested that NONE of them be involved in Moderating the Forum. That worked out well.... didn't it.

KillJoy

Well Steve if you are so on the 'inside' enlighten us!!!

O's Fan Rich
06-30-2009, 05:23 AM
I was inside..... looking outside....
Millions of faces, but still I'm alone.....

waiting..... hours of waiting....
paying my penance I was longing for home.....

CBT
06-30-2009, 05:26 AM
I was inside..... looking outside....
Millions of faces, but still I'm alone.....

waiting..... hours of waiting....
paying my penance I was longing for home.....

I'm looking out for the two of us...

Cobra25
06-30-2009, 05:28 AM
Look none of the members or the owners of this site or any other site are perfect. We all have made alot of friends here and some time we have met a few we didn't care for too. Some threads really don't belong on the site but it is up too the owners to make that call. Some of them you can have a little fun with and some make no sence at all. I have been on this site for many years and had some disagreements but I always try too agree to disagree which I believe is ths best thing to do. Remember we are Guest's here the owners aren't perfect and neither are we .

knine
06-30-2009, 05:50 AM
O.K., I'm violating a MAJOR rule of mine. Replying to this. I started this thread, wrongfully, because I got peed off because a question (and NO-ONE but the receiver knows what it was---so drop all the speculation)...that question went unanswered for a day. For starting the thread in anger, I appologize. I am not the drama queen and hate that crap. I'm tired of typing, for those of you who know me, you know what's going on, for those of you who don't, maybe someday you will. For those of you who don't care, that's cool, just keep moving.

O's Fan Rich
06-30-2009, 05:54 AM
O.K., I'm violating a MAJOR rule of mine. Replying to this. I started this thread, wrongfully, because I got peed off because a question (and NO-ONE but the receiver knows what it was---so drop all the speculation)...that question went unanswered for a day. For starting the thread in anger, I appologize. I am not the drama queen and hate that crap. I'm tired of typing, for those of you who know me, you know what's going on, for those of you who don't, maybe someday you will. For those of you who don't care, that's cool, just keep moving.

I know exactly how you're feeling.
I've posted threads similar before, even gave myself a few weeks off, hell, even had a time out imposed on me for "large fonts" once........ I handle it all my own way....
take it all with a grain of salt..... tequila and a slice of lime....

Pops
06-30-2009, 05:57 AM
Besides if you are gone I will not be able to ask about that cool El Camino anymore. If I only had the guts I would own that thing! Stick around Erin as the world does not end till Friday this week!:)

Haggis
06-30-2009, 06:03 AM

Welcome back.

RoyLPita
06-30-2009, 06:07 AM
If you are heading out, take care. If you are not, cool. Stick around. You know who your friends are.

KillJoy
06-30-2009, 06:07 AM
Well Steve if you are so on the 'inside' enlighten us!!!

Because posting what I know would get me perma-banned, and it would be Hard Deleted by the first person with buttons that sees it. So... what would be the point?

Steve

Haggis
06-30-2009, 06:12 AM
Because posting what I know would get me perma-banned, and it would be Hard Deleted by the first person with buttons that sees it. So... what would be the point?

Steve

Send it by e-mail to those that want to know.

LIGHTNIN1
06-30-2009, 06:17 AM
Something doesn't smell right.:thinker:

Mike
06-30-2009, 06:20 AM
Something doesn't smell right.:thinker:

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:09tAasfias4_nM:ht tp://www.jokesandhumor.com/jokes/pictures/fart.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.jokesandhumor.com/jokes/pictures/fart.jpg&imgrefurl=http://detroit.momslikeme.com/members/journalactions.aspx%3Fm%3D5844 269%26pi%3D12%26q%3D%26dt%3DMW orldData.Message%26si%3DCommen ts%26filter%3D0%26g%3D441511%2 6se%3D%26sd%3D%26sn%3D0&usg=__IonZKjZH1WcLxPrImznk4q6o ub8=&h=360&w=396&sz=14&hl=en&start=12&um=1&tbnid=09tAasfias4_nM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfarting%2Bsmiley% 2Bface%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um %3D1) :eek: excuse me

CBT
06-30-2009, 06:28 AM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:09tAasfias4_nM:ht tp://www.jokesandhumor.com/jokes/pictures/fart.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.jokesandhumor.com/jokes/pictures/fart.jpg&imgrefurl=http://detroit.momslikeme.com/members/journalactions.aspx%3Fm%3D5844 269%26pi%3D12%26q%3D%26dt%3DMW orldData.Message%26si%3DCommen ts%26filter%3D0%26g%3D441511%2 6se%3D%26sd%3D%26sn%3D0&usg=__IonZKjZH1WcLxPrImznk4q6o ub8=&h=360&w=396&sz=14&hl=en&start=12&um=1&tbnid=09tAasfias4_nM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfarting%2Bsmiley% 2Bface%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um %3D1) :eek: excuse me

You might need to get that looked at...

knine
06-30-2009, 06:41 AM
How the hello do I lock this thing?

CBT
06-30-2009, 06:42 AM
How the hello do I lock this thing?

Ask the mods, brother.