PDA

View Full Version : Why lie???

DOOM
06-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Ok so yesterday im at my weekly monday night meet at glory days in bowie and this guy who has a daytona charger with :nos: kind of a regular says he was at the track and trapped at 132mph ALL MOTOR NO BOTTLE ON STREET TIRES :rolleyes:
So i asked him what his 1/4 mile time was if he's running 132mph? And his response was.......... I DONT KNOW. :shake: .
And of course he couldn't produce a time slip.

Also a few weeks ago (same place) this guy with a Z06 says he was at the track and he was running 10.9's BONE STOCK ON STREET TIRES :bs:
And of course he couldn't produce a time slip either and he also tried to tell me and my buddies his car weighed 2,900 pounds. :stupid:

I challenged him to run me and he declined.

Why do people lie like this? I just dont get it.

Pops
06-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Its the name Doomie! It scares em to near death!!!!!!!! :flamer:

DOOM
06-30-2009, 10:58 AM
When i left the parking lot yesterday the guy with the charger was watching me so when i got on the street i MASHED it and left the whole block up in smoke, DOOM style :D :burnout:

:up:

SID210SA
06-30-2009, 11:00 AM
You should have left like a grandpa so he might take you up on your offer....

Pops
06-30-2009, 11:04 AM
You should have left like a grandpa so he might take you up on your offer....

Now this would be a lie! It is not the Doomie way.:burnout:

Pat
06-30-2009, 11:05 AM
I think it's call "stroking". You listen and nod in agreement to my fairy tale and I'll listen and nod in agreement to your fairy tale.

It's been around since "Alley Oop" related stories of bopping tigers on the head with his club.

DOOM
06-30-2009, 11:08 AM
I had no idea chevrolet was producing 10sec. factory cars.
Make way for the BOWLIE oops i meant bowtie.

Blackened300a
06-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Now this would be a lie! It is not the Doomie way.:burnout:

Tell me about it! Jake smoked up the SHO tent at Carlisle while driving up to get his trophy. :cool4:

DOOM
06-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Have any of you guys come across people like this?

DOOM
06-30-2009, 11:26 AM
You should have left like a grandpa

You don't know me too well do you??? :D :drive: :burn: :burnout:

Blackmobile
06-30-2009, 11:31 AM
It's like playing poker, you can have the best hand in the world, but it's best no one knows about it until time to put up,
so then they can shut up. :awe:

MrBluGruv
06-30-2009, 11:33 AM
A friend of mine has a Cooper S that's supercharged (older model) and we met up with some other Cooper S owners at a meet around here. I consider his Cooper to be decently built: cat-back exhaust, improved cooling, ECU remap, 15psi puller on the blower, and even then he's maybe pushing a little over 200ish HP at the crank. This car is quick enough though because it is so light, he hangs quite nicely with me in highway rolls.

Anyway main point, one of these guys that also owned a Cooper S turbo (later model) said he was pushing 300hp to the wheels: with a catback exhaust, stock boost levels, original heads (and as I've already noted, exhaust manifold), and original engine map with MAYBE an improved intercooler.

This guy made it very difficult for me to keep a straight face, he was near-perfectly a mini-cooper version of the JDM Tyte kids. He went on and on to talk about overnighting parts from germany. I think I walked away after he said he was waiting on his sway bars to come in (cause you know how much body torsion there is from a 1.6l transverse-mounted inline 4 on a front wheel drive platform.....)

I dunno, those cooper S can be made to be pretty quick little cars, but this guy was laughably stupid.

DTRMiguel
06-30-2009, 11:36 AM

Because they are embarresed these 2ton cars with blowers can spank that ass :lol:

DOOM
06-30-2009, 11:48 AM
My car ran 12.2 i have my timeslip and its on video (i think) When i ran my 12.2 time i was spinning due to bald nitto drag radials (go figure :D) and there were plenty of witnesses from THIS site there with me.
The car probably would have ran 12.0 - 11.9 with good traction.
No reason fot me to lie about how fast my car is.
I just dont see why people do this and how they expect you to be stupid enough to beLIEve them.

TiTo35
06-30-2009, 11:51 AM
132mph in a Charger...on all motor...:laugh: Then he couldnt tell you his time??? WOW!

You should have told him he sound like he is running 9s and see if he agreed...:rolleyes:

Egon Spengler
06-30-2009, 11:54 AM
I can't stand people like that at car shows... Most people at car shows know a little something about cars and I would say about 80+% of the people at the show would know if the guy was BSing

O's Fan Rich
06-30-2009, 11:56 AM
It's been around since "Alley Oop" related stories of bopping tigers on the head with his club.

Why when I was a kid.... we'd grab that som'bitttch by the ears and make it meow like....... then we'd take his samitch...

vkirkend
06-30-2009, 11:59 AM
It's called one up man's ship (my cars faster than your car, my wife's prettier than your wife, my dogs smarter than your dog) in other words THEIR LYING!!!!!!!!:argue:

Ok so yesterday im at my weekly monday night meet at glory days in bowie and this guy who has a daytona charger with :nos: kind of a regular says he was at the track and trapped at 132mph ALL MOTOR NO BOTTLE ON STREET TIRES :rolleyes:
So i asked him what his 1/4 mile time was if he's running 132mph? And his response was.......... I DONT KNOW. :shake: .
And of course he couldn't produce a time slip.

Also a few weeks ago (same place) this guy with a Z06 says he was at the track and he was running 10.9's BONE STOCK ON STREET TIRES :bs:
And of course he couldn't produce a time slip either and he also tried to tell me and my buddies his car weighed 2,900 pounds. :stupid:

I challenged him to run me and he declined.

1sexyleo
06-30-2009, 12:15 PM
people only lie until they get caught re-handed....or get caught in the midst of their lie. some lie so much they really start to believe themselves. if i was an as$hole like some people are, i would call out any liar i come across.

ME...I sice up my resume.:D

DTRMiguel
06-30-2009, 12:21 PM
if i was an as$hole like some people are, i would call out any liar i come across.

ME...i only lie on my resume.:D

:lol: What about police? U dont lie to them?

Egon Spengler
06-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Women don't need to lie... they just need to show their "assets"

1sexyleo
06-30-2009, 12:27 PM

yep i do...but only when telling the truth will get me into trouble.

DOOM
06-30-2009, 12:35 PM
I think people who lie like that just make themselves look foolish and ignorant.
And its insulting to me that they think i would beLIEve such nonsense :shake:

Joe Walsh
06-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Have any of you guys come across people like this?

Yes, Unfortunately I've run across the 'BS' kings before.

I just dont see why people do this and how they expect you to be stupid enough to beLIEve them.

It's called Ricer Racing.
It is fun to ask real questions and to carefully disassemble their BS story right in front of a crowd.
:bs:.....:o

I can't stand people like that at car shows... Most people at car shows know a little something about cars and I would say about 80+% of the people at the show would know if the guy was BSing

+1!

DOOM
06-30-2009, 12:53 PM
2 weeks ago i was at a car meet and this dude had a brand new camaro SS black with orange stripes.
He said it came with a Z06 motor and he paid $37,000 (GM discount) for it. :rolleyes: :bs:
I walked away after that, and was hoping that when i left i would see him on the street. :D

Glockafella
06-30-2009, 02:41 PM
2 weeks ago i was at a car meet and this dude had a brand new camaro SS black with orange stripes.
He said it came with a Z06 motor and he paid $37,000 (GM discount) for it. :rolleyes: :bs:
I walked away after that, and was hoping that when i left i would see him on the street. :D

This guy might not know any better...probably got fed this line of BS at the dealership.

FordNut
06-30-2009, 02:45 PM
132mph in a Charger...on all motor...:laugh: Then he couldnt tell you his time??? WOW!

You should have told him he sound like he is running 9s and see if he agreed...:rolleyes:

Then tell him that's really quick for the 1/8th

Glockafella
06-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Then tell him that's really quick for the 1/8th

Tell him you'll race him for pinks.:banana2:

justbob
06-30-2009, 03:17 PM
ZO6 w/CAI = 12.5

Daytona w/spray??????? 13.3

I run the quarter at 133 and trap at ludicris speed.

guspech750
06-30-2009, 03:20 PM
its kind of like the guy that says hes well hung when really he has an iny instead of an outy.

CBT
06-30-2009, 03:31 PM

That's called "baiting", and can lead to even more hilarity!

Phrog_gunner
06-30-2009, 03:35 PM
That's called "baiting", and can lead to even more hilarity!

OH yes that forces the 1-uppery to snowball until hes running 4's NA on 10 speed tires.

1 Bad Merc
06-30-2009, 03:36 PM
I know what your saying Doom! If I had a dollar for every guy I ran into that has a 10 second car I would be rich right now! I basically ignore most of the BS and just laugh at guys like that.

CBT
06-30-2009, 03:37 PM
OH yes that forces the 1-uppery to snowball until hes running 4's NA on 10 speed tires.

Hell I'd pay to see that myself!

Phrog_gunner
06-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Hell I'd pay to see that myself!

That's the stuff "slap bets" are made of....

Glockafella
06-30-2009, 04:03 PM
I ran into a guy with a marauder that looked stock, claimed low 13's in the 1/4, I asked him when the last time he went to the track, He claimed, "Oh I just measure it out on the street and time myself" LMAO!

xopher
06-30-2009, 04:08 PM
I ran into a guy with a marauder that looked stock, claimed low 13's in the 1/4, I asked him when the last time he went to the track, He claimed, "Oh I just measure it out on the street and time myself" LMAO!
I do the same thing and I'm in the 9s :lol:

Bluerauder
06-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Could be a Pathological Liar. Here's how to identify one >>>> How to Tell if Someone is a Pathological Liar (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_can_you_tell_if_someone_is _a_pathological_liar)

GordonB
06-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Doom,
You need to start carrying the little BS Flag and when some A**hole goes off, whip out that flag!!!
Seriously, a new Vette, as in ZR1 ($110,000) will break 12 secs and get you into the upper or mid-11s on STREET tires. It will also top out above 200mph!!! The Z06 for a mere $78,000 will NOT break 12 secs and will NOT get you into the 11s. I love Vettes, but I can't stand some wiseacre spoutin' off!
GordonB

1sexyleo
06-30-2009, 07:47 PM
people lied about there cars burning oil and smoking and tire marks ending up down 450.

Windsor58
06-30-2009, 08:29 PM
I don't know why, but this reminds me of the first time I ever ran across someone with nitrous. He was talkin smack at work for several weeks, and finally got talked into putting on a demo for us uneducated folks on the street in front of where we all worked. He lit up the tires and about 3 seconds later, he found out what happens when you dump a lot of nitrous in without enough fuel.... It was very entertaining.

Bradley G
06-30-2009, 08:53 PM
I try not to stomp someone who's trying to Show/Snow me.
Except if they come with the king of tales, I may call them out :stupid:
There tends to be a lot of Dyno #'s thrown around, at some ridiculous proportions too.
First one to start tellin' thier story,...Loser!

They probably don't want to be humbled , by your tank