PDA

View Full Version : Need more power rt challenger killed me

kphillykid1023
06-30-2009, 06:11 PM
So i was chilling just pick a chick up,about to head on the highway see a black rt challenger i was like look thats the car i was gonna buy but my credit to bad. so i got a marauder,so he caught up with me on purpose at a stop light his window was up.rolled it down to get a good look at the rauder i guess cause my shyt pearl white.light about to change i was gonna try to jump him, but he flew out on me bad i had no chance lol i was mad with a girl in the car.how much i gotta spend to be as fast or faster than them rt's

Crown Vicman
06-30-2009, 06:17 PM
lol about 4500 for or more for a supercharger. You would destroy him then.

bob6364
06-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Buy one of theses
http://www.procharger.com/FORD/ford_auto.shtml

kphillykid1023
06-30-2009, 06:35 PM
How much is a pro charger and who would install something like that for me

a_d_a_m
06-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Trying to translate the O/P to something I could actually read gave me a headache.... :flamer:

Glockafella
06-30-2009, 08:01 PM
2 words...Super Charger

lastdaze04
06-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Nice Death....:eek: Win a few lose a few. :Dpm DOOM He eats Hemis for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Sometimes for brunch too. I believe he is running an Eaton Roots (Trilogy) super charger.
Rick

So i was chilling just pick a chick up,about to head on the highway see a black rt challenger i was like look thats the car i was gonna buy but my credit to baf so i got a marauder,so he caught up with me on purpose at a stop light his window was up.rolled it down to get a good like a the rauder guess cause my shyt pearl white.light about to change i was gonna try to jump he but he flew out on me bad i had no chance lol i was mad with a girl in the car.how much i gotta spend to be as fast or faster than them rt's

Mac-MerC
06-30-2009, 08:43 PM
kphilly u need to proof read before u post your message
funny story...
man i get dusted everyday, i say F it, its all about the fun

Glockafella
06-30-2009, 08:46 PM
I win by intimidation mostly. I ripped by a G8 today and the guy wouln't race me...They don't want to loose to a big body mercury...so some just wont risk looking like an a-hole. Plus, I think some know Marauders have the guts to compete. A knarlly exaust makes people go..."Whoa, no way I could beat him."

Bradley G
06-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Get your hand off her boobs and pay attention to what you're doing.
Pay attention in school and learn how to type.
We will help you make your Marauder faster, but you have to help yourself .

Marauder
07-01-2009, 04:45 AM
If your budget doesn't allow a supercharger, throw on an intake, throttle body, good tune, 4.10s and you 'may' take him. If you also manually shift the car at the right RPM, you'll gain a bit.

I say $1200 - $1500 for the stuff above.

Also, he may not have had a passenger. Ditch the girl then try to take him out...lol.

Where in Philly are you?

O's Fan Rich
07-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Sell the Marauder and buy a Challenger R/T

juno
07-01-2009, 05:48 AM
Put some blue lights on it. He'll slow down for you!!!

DTRMiguel
07-01-2009, 06:02 AM
So i was chilling just pick a chick up,about to head on the highway see a black rt challenger i was like look thats the car i was gonna buy but my credit to baf so i got a marauder,so he caught up with me on purpose at a stop light his window was up.rolled it down to get a good like a the rauder guess cause my shyt pearl white.light about to change i was gonna try to jump he but he flew out on me bad i had no chance lol i was mad with a girl in the car.how much i gotta spend to be as fast or faster than them rt's

Buy an intake and a tune. back when i had a crappy tune with Doom in the car i beat a RT with full exhaust and an intake up until 120 or so. They have alot of topend i guess. But i spanked that ass all the way up to it. JLT intake= $150 and a Xcal2 with a Zack Tune= $225-$275 ish look around got mine of modular fords

RR|Suki
07-01-2009, 06:04 AM
If your budget doesn't allow a supercharger, throw on an intake, throttle body, good tune, 4.10s and you 'may' take him. If you also manually shift the car at the right RPM, you'll gain a bit.

Also, he may not have had a passenger. Ditch the girl then try to take him out...lol.

Where in Philly are you?

Shouldn't ever shift it manually at WOT ;)

Badger
07-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Upwards of 100mph isn't it ultimately the horsepower that is more important then the power weight ratio??
At the top end our engines should be pulling stronger then a "lesser valve" engine of the same HP. Example is the LT1 vs 4.6 DOHC. Both very similar 1/4 times stock but everone pretty much agrees that the LT1 greater displacement (5.7) allows it to get off line quicker....but it loses it's huff when it get to higher RPMs.
Rated stock for stock the HEMI 5.7 is rated at a higher HP with a similar weight (if not slightly heavier then the MM). If you intend to walk them from 0-80 and continue to walk em 60-XXX you need more HP. Whch do you want to do. 0-80 the N/A route can do it. If you want to do both a blower is probably the cheapist way to do it..unless you know someone with a cheaper bored out or not-stock higher displacement swap motor.

DTRMiguel
07-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Upwards of 100mph isn't it ultimately the horsepower that is more important then the power weight ratio??
At the top end our engines should be pulling stronger then a "lesser valve" engine of the same HP. Example is the LT1 vs 4.6 DOHC. Both very similar 1/4 times stock but everone pretty much agrees that the LT1 greater displacement (5.7) allows it to get off line quicker....but it loses it's huff when it get to higher RPMs.
Rated stock for stock the HEMI 5.7 is rated at a higher HP with a similar weight (if not slightly heavier then the MM). If you intend to walk them from 0-80 and continue to walk em 60-XXX you need more HP. Whch do you want to do. 0-80 the N/A route can do it. If you want to do both a blower is probably the cheapist way to do it..unless you know someone with a cheaper bored out or not-stock higher displacement swap motor.

I know i had a crap ass tune me and zack couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. But i got a new one and he wont race me now :D

DOOM
07-01-2009, 06:53 AM
One word my friend

TRILOGY!!!

Then SRT/8's wont even be a problem for you. :up:

DOOM
07-01-2009, 07:09 AM
There is this black R/T i keep seeing riding around (saw him just yesterday we were both at 7-11) and im just waiting for him to jump out there on me. :D DOOM > :shot: < HEMI :(

DTRMiguel
07-01-2009, 07:15 AM
There is this black R/T i keep seeing riding around (saw him just yesterday we were both at 7-11) and im just waiting for him to jump out there on me. :D DOOM > :shot: < HEMI :(

Does he have loud exhaust?

DOOM
07-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Does he have loud exhaust?

Sounds stock to me. Short white guy drives it maybe late 20's early 30's.

DTRMiguel
07-01-2009, 07:33 AM
Sounds stock to me. Short white guy drives it maybe late 20's early 30's.

Oh thought it was a couple of guys i see ALL the time one drives a loud black rt and the other drives a loud silver magnum rt. Both younger white guys around my age :dunno:

CBT
07-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Interesting, I dogged one from a roll bad enough to take his lane. And he nailed it first. I could tell by the noise from his car he was trying. BLUE m-ride 1, orange R/T 0.

Marauder
07-01-2009, 08:14 AM

I know my shifts are a ton firmer with the tune I have shifting manually.

I can't chirp the tires in D at all even at WOT. 1-2 manually I can.

Aren Jay
07-01-2009, 08:19 AM

gcgarner
07-01-2009, 08:39 AM
I win by intimidation mostly. I ripped by a G8 today and the guy wouln't race me...They don't want to loose to a big body mercury...

What mods have you done to your Marauder? I would love to line up against a Marauder on the track against my stock G8 GT. I would just like to see how they compare. I would also like to line up against a Challenger R/T ;).

captain
07-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Sell the Merc and get an education.
You will never have (enough) money at this level.

Mac-MerC
07-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Sell the Merc and get an education.
You will never have (enough) money at this level.

............ its not that serious. u might not have liked how he chose to type out his story but u understood.

captain
07-01-2009, 09:43 AM
It is that serious. We as a nation must stop accepting mediocrity. The world can only use so many janitors. I understand what my dog needs... Doesnt mean I want her on payroll. In fact she is a financial drain. Much like the up and un-becoming generation.
When will we stop making excuses for these clowns? Will his kind ever generate enough wealth to sustain the nation? Not likely. So unless you and your loved ones enjoy great finacial wealth..you will need services that are paid for by this group.
Medicare,social security, food stamps, health care providers, in house nursing, roads, bridges, jails,....need I say more?

Marauder
07-01-2009, 09:55 AM
2nd gear is an overdrive gear, when engaged manually.

It is useful in winter to prevent you from spinning your tires.

It is not meant for drag racing.

To chirp your tires in Automatic (mode)

(Which I can do with my stock tune at any time; must be an 04 thing.)

You just need to load your torque converter. It is like a clutch drop. press down on the brake with your left foot, then rev upto 2200-2400 some say 2750 ish rpm then let go with your left foot and you are off. You can rev to less to prevent wheel spin, you will need to experiment.

I'm not talking about power-braking from a standstill. I'm talking while already accelerating hard in 1st gear to about 5k RPM, manually shift into 2nd and the tires break lose or 'chirp' on the shift. 2nd to 3rd is a firm shift but they don't chirp.

Off the line, yes, powerbrake in 'D' to 2200-2400 rpm them let it go. :)

On a cool night, I can break them lose off the line w/o powerbraking.

Seneca
07-01-2009, 03:22 PM
+2 unless of course you like trans rebuilds. If your cars tuned right you cant outsmart the trans anyways.

Bulten Rauder
07-01-2009, 04:14 PM
How effective is upgrading the throttle body? What kind of RWHP or 1/4 mile imporvements are we looking at? I've done the tune and the 4.10's so now it's time for the next NA best-bang-for-the-buck!

CBT
07-01-2009, 04:16 PM
How effective is upgrading the throttle body? What kind of RWHP or 1/4 mile imporvements are we looking at? I've done the tune and the 4.10's so now it's time for the next NA best-bang-for-the-buck!

Your wallet will be lighter, so it should shave about a billionth of a second off your 1/4 mile time.

Bulten Rauder
07-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Your wallet will be lighter, so it should shave about a billionth of a second off your 1/4 mile time.

Wow, I'll skip dinner and jog for an hour to save another millionth of a second.

So, any ideas for the next performance step? I'm not saying I've got $$$ to burn or want more, but what may be the next best bang?

Paul T. Casey
07-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Wow, I'll skip dinner and jog for an hour to save another millionth of a second.

So, any ideas for the next performance step? I'm not saying I've got $$$ to burn or want more, but what may be the next best bang?

Exhaust. I like the Kooks system, many here like Stainless Works, there's even a few who like the shortys/Cobra manifolds. Anything you can do to get more air in and out faster will improve power.

CBT
07-01-2009, 06:07 PM

I have a CAI and a tune, total investment: less than 200 bucks. Biiiiig difference. I always thought the car was fast enough before (it's a damn 4-door!) but it's gets it's fat azz up and moves now. And if I feel like going faster than that, I got a lil somthin somthin else sitting here. Good luck with your mods, what route you choose is up to you. :beer:

Donny Carlson
07-01-2009, 06:31 PM
One word my friend

TRILOGY!!!

Then SRT/8's wont even be a problem for you. :up:

Unless you come across an SRT8 with a supercharger. I have it on pretty good authority that KB has a prototype installed in an SRT8 that makes 730 hp to the rear wheels, the car is otherwise bone stock.

cruzer
07-01-2009, 08:12 PM
I have a video of a test at the Salt Flats of a Challenger--top speed was over 170 mph STOCK-- if it has a 6-speed--then that could explain it. I love my MM , but be realistic--I haven't seen speeds near this for a stock Marauder. I wouldn't buy one, but if you are looking for top speed, that ain't shabby. Now I'm going out and smoke a few tires:)

biodole
07-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Considering the TRUE price differential between a brand new marauder in 2003/2004 and a brand new challenger in 2008/2009 - you could have a supercharger, tune, 4.10's, jmod, and a set of drag radials with enough money left over to buy that chick dinner and a movie ;-) Of course...you would DEFINITELY destroy him or his meatier SRT8 counterparts with those upgrades

O's Fan Rich
07-02-2009, 04:25 AM
Unless you come across an SRT8 with a supercharger. I have it on pretty good authority that KB has a prototype installed in an SRT8 that makes 730 hp to the rear wheels, the car is otherwise bone stock.

Hmmmm?

Michelle likes the Charger and the Challenger........

How does the rear axle hold up you think, Donny?

DOOM
07-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Hmmmm?

Hey rich I also wonder how the "stock" transmission will hold up to 730hp? :rolleyes:

Spectragod
07-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm not talking about power-braking from a standstill. I'm talking while already accelerating hard in 1st gear to about 5k RPM, manually shift into 2nd and the tires break lose or 'chirp' on the shift. 2nd to 3rd is a firm shift but they don't chirp.

Off the line, yes, powerbrake in 'D' to 2200-2400 rpm them let it go. :)

On a cool night, I can break them lose off the line w/o powerbraking.

I don't know..... my 04' smokes off the line and through the first 3 gears if I put it to the wood. I just leave her in "D" and go....

Rawderboy
07-02-2009, 12:23 PM
I have a video of a test at the Salt Flats of a Challenger--top speed was over 170 mph STOCK-- if it has a 6-speed--then that could explain it. I love my MM , but be realistic--I haven't seen speeds near this for a stock Marauder. I wouldn't buy one, but if you are looking for top speed, that ain't shabby. Now I'm going out and smoke a few tires:)

130 MPH was the fastest Ive gone when I was stock.

Rawderboy
07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Still cant get a challenger to run with me.... the exhaust is definitly intimidating LOL!!!

justbob
07-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Funny thing is, I never beg for them to race me. Infact its ALWAYS the Dodge boys starting trouble with me, I am merely a finisher.

offroadkarter
07-02-2009, 02:17 PM
2nd gear is an overdrive gear, when engaged manually.

It is useful in winter to prevent you from spinning your tires.

It is not meant for drag racing.

To chirp your tires in Automatic (mode)

(Which I can do with my stock tune at any time; must be an 04 thing.)

You just need to load your torque converter. It is like a clutch drop. press down on the brake with your left foot, then rev upto 2200-2400 some say 2750 ish rpm then let go with your left foot and you are off. You can rev to less to prevent wheel spin, you will need to experiment.

Second gear is second gear, and nothing but second gear :shake:

Donny Carlson
07-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Hmmmm?

I haven't heard of axle problems, though I have seen upgrades available from some sources.

Donny Carlson
07-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Hey rich I also wonder how the "stock" transmission will hold up to 730hp? :rolleyes:

I think it will be toast. The 730 claim comes from a very reputable speed shop, and if you knew the people involved with the project you would't be rolling your eyes.

There are at least two built transmissions available for the Challenger that would handle this power.

biodole
07-02-2009, 06:02 PM
I think it will be toast. The 730 claim comes from a very reputable speed shop, and if you knew the people involved with the project you would't be rolling your eyes.

There are at least two built transmissions available for the Challenger that would handle this power.

with enough money the marauder can be rolling around with 730HP as well ;)

O's Fan Rich
07-02-2009, 06:37 PM
I haven't heard of axle problems, though I have seen upgrades available from some sources.

I'm telling you Donny.... I could get the "green light" on an SRT.........

But she really wants a truck first.... after I get a 383 stroker in her Suburban..... she likes the BIG stuff!:D

logix7
07-02-2009, 06:40 PM
RT has a 6.1

drove one at work, i couldnt even get the tires to spin off the line with the t/c off

needless to say, i was let down

Bradley G
07-02-2009, 08:50 PM
POOch :dogrun:

RT has a 6.1

drove one at work, i couldnt even get the tires to spin off the line with the t/c off

Kennyrauder
07-02-2009, 10:00 PM
The Challenger has a Granny Computer that does not take orders very well. You need a S/c & 410's you will kill most with that set up. I know, an o8 Cobra in my town is afraid of my Marauder.

Donny Carlson
07-02-2009, 10:19 PM
with enough money the marauder can be rolling around with 730HP as well ;)

True. True.:)

Donny Carlson
07-02-2009, 10:27 PM
RT has a 6.1

I think you mean SRT, unless RT is somebody's initials.

I don't know what you were doing, or what the conditions were when you tried (was it the 6-speed or the auto?), but I can bark the tires from standstill... with ESP turned on. I saw Todd Fisher do it in my car when I was behind him in his Marauder, and that was when it only had 200 miles on the clock. Even with a green engine this car has massive power.

There's a definite way to launch this car to get the most punch off the line, though. Took me while to learn it. You just needed more seat time.

Donny Carlson
07-02-2009, 10:30 PM
The Challenger has a Granny Computer that does not take orders very well. You need a S/c & 410's you will kill most with that set up. I know, an o8 Cobra in my town is afraid of my Marauder.

Hey, I love Marauders. They are great cars. And modded right, fast as the wind. But you are misinformed about tuning Challengers. Besides off the shelf Predator tunes, there are multitudes of speed shops that can custom tune the car. 6-Speed SRT's come with 411's stock, btw.

kphillykid1023
07-03-2009, 01:00 AM

Where in Philly are you?
southwest philly

kphillykid1023
07-03-2009, 01:12 AM
It is that serious. We as a nation must stop accepting mediocrity. The world can only use so many janitors. I understand what my dog needs... Doesnt mean I want her on payroll. In fact she is a financial drain. Much like the up and un-becoming generation.
When will we stop making excuses for these clowns? Will his kind ever generate enough wealth to sustain the nation? Not likely. So unless you and your loved ones enjoy great finacial wealth..you will need services that are paid for by this group.
Medicare,social security, food stamps, health care providers, in house nursing, roads, bridges, jails,....need I say more?

dude i fixed my mistakes in the message, i didnt proof it before i sent it out,and just to let u no im paid,i brought my marauder 12,000 cash money no car notes i have my pink slip. i make nothing less then 1,500 a week im a party promoter,u can jawn my fan club.

O's Fan Rich
07-03-2009, 04:43 AM
dude i fixed my mistakes in the message, i didnt proof it before i sent it out,and just to let u no im paid,i brought my marauder 12,000 cash money no car notes i have my pink slip. i make nothing less then 1,500 a week im a party promoter,u can jawn my fan club.

Then you can swing a Trilogy.
Easy to install too.

Then you can be like Doom and hunt Hemi's....:cool:

Marauder
07-04-2009, 06:19 PM
southwest philly

Coool. I'm in Delco...Drexel Hill.

eric jones
07-04-2009, 07:56 PM
You incorrectly spelled "doesn't" and "financial". quote=captain;778287]
Medicare,social security, food stamps, health care providers, in house nursing, roads, bridges, jails,....need I say more?[/quote]

babbage
07-04-2009, 08:03 PM
I have seen the Challanger SRT run 13.5's at my local track. Friend just got one, very nice 6 speed. I'll try to get on his timeslip on 9/27 - we'll see.

DOOM
07-04-2009, 08:10 PM
RT has a 6.1

R/T has the 5.7 & the SRT/8 has the 6.1

Commodore Crap
07-05-2009, 09:02 PM

Torque Converter. Cold Air Intake. Stickers.