PDA

View Full Version : Feel old, feel VERY old...

KillJoy
06-30-2009, 07:00 PM
...GhostBusters was made 25 years ago.

KillJoy

Spectragod
06-30-2009, 07:05 PM
my yard is green.........

bigjon
06-30-2009, 07:06 PM

KillJoy

good movie, but that does make me sad. :(

Bluerauder
06-30-2009, 07:12 PM

KillJoy
Don't worry about it .... heck "Jaws" is 34 years old and "Star Wars" is about 32. I remember "Ben Hur" and "The Ten Commandments" when they were in their 1st run. :o

KillJoy
06-30-2009, 07:16 PM
I remember "Ben Hur" and "The Ten Commandments" when they were in their 1st run. :o

You mean, when the Bible was written?

:D

KillJoy

knine
06-30-2009, 07:17 PM
You are old. .............. but............most things improve with age! :2thumbs:

PantherP71
06-30-2009, 07:18 PM
I LOVE Ghostbusters.

Aren Jay
06-30-2009, 11:05 PM
.............................. ......

dohc324ci
06-30-2009, 11:15 PM

KillJoy

Thats funny I just watched that movie last night on netflix with the kids. Yeah, I feel dated.

Bluerauder
07-01-2009, 03:47 AM
Thats funny I just watched that movie last night on netflix with the kids. Yeah, I feel dated.
I saw "Ghostbusters" at a Drive-In theater with the wife and kids. As I recall it was down off Route 210 between Indianhead and Fort Washington, MD. That area was mostly rural some 25 years ago. Now it is a booming residential area south of Washington, DC. That Drive-In is long gone.

juno
07-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Yeah, MJ was a few months younger then me and Billy Mays was born the same day. Thank god that **** Madonna is still kicking.
Crap, I have an original Asia CD that is 26 years old I think!!

Vortex
07-01-2009, 06:35 AM
Here's my "so old" story; as a kid we flew to Germany on a Super Constellation and had to land in the Azores for gas.

LIGHTNIN1
07-01-2009, 06:52 AM
I remember Elvis, Marilyn,Raquel.:)

SC Cheesehead
07-01-2009, 06:54 AM

KillJoy

Yeah, I watched it last night on AMC, still one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyRqR56aCKc

Black Dynamite
07-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Here's my "so old" story; as a kid we flew to Germany on a Super Constellation and had to land in the Azores for gas.

I always liked those. L-O-U-D though....

on topic...

I love watching "old" movies. Even stuff from the nineties looks dated now. Makes it more fun!

Motorhead350
07-01-2009, 11:37 AM
I remember Elvis, Marilyn,Raquel.:)

I wish I was older than you. No offence. You just were around for the fun times...

Pops
07-01-2009, 11:46 AM
25 years from now these will bw the fun times!

Egon Spengler
07-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Gozer the Gozerian! Good evening! As a duly designated representative of the state, county and city of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension!

I believe you all know my stance on this movie! haha I was 1 when the movie came out, but I grew up on the movies and the cartoon "The Real Ghostbusters" I actually just bought a toy gun from some guy on craigslist YESTERDAY!!!

Ms. Denmark
07-01-2009, 03:59 PM
I believe you all know my stance on this movie! haha I was 1 when the movie came out........What a coincidence, so was I!;) Actually I was living in New York just a few blocks from Sigourney's movie apartment across from Central Park. Got to see the melted marshmellow effect with a cop car on top for several days as I passed by there. A really great movie! Sorry I missed it last night.

Egon Spengler
07-01-2009, 04:23 PM
That is awesome... No lie, my only goal to accomplish is to meet anyone from the cast! I loved that movie and still need to play the video game that just came out!!! Also, 2012 is when the trilogy is supposed to come into affect for the 3rd ghostbusters movie!!! WOOOOO!!!!

What a coincidence, so was I!;) Actually I was living in New York just a few blocks from Sigourney's movie apartment across from Central Park. Got to see the melted marshmellow effect with a cop car on top for several days as I passed by there. A really great movie! Sorry I missed it last night.

jerrym3
07-01-2009, 05:09 PM
As much as I'd rather be 26 than 66, I have to admit that it was an interesting run.

My generation went from Four Lads/Perry Como/Rosemary Clooney to Elvis/doo wop, to the Beatles/English Invasion to everything else after. (Sorry, I can't say that I care for much of today's rap music, but I guess my dad felt the same when I went crazy over Bill Haley and the Comets.)

I lived in an era when cars were exciting and the new models were highly anticipated. We would spend hours at the diner on Saturday night talking cars, get four hours of sleep, and then go to the drags on Sunday.

We had our choice of drive in movies for Saturday night dates (Jersey was the home of the drive-in).

Now, I get up to hit the bathroom about the same time I used to go to sleep!!

Motorhead350
07-01-2009, 08:01 PM
It's people like you I envy. I'm going to go cry now....

BTW it's Bill Haley and HIS Comets.

As much as I'd rather be 26 than 66, I have to admit that it was an interesting run.

My generation went from Four Lads/Perry Como/Rosemary Clooney to Elvis/doo wop, to the Beatles/English Invasion to everything else after. (Sorry, I can't say that I care for much of today's rap music, but I guess my dad felt the same when I went crazy over Bill Haley and the Comets.)

I lived in an era when cars were exciting and the new models were highly anticipated. We would spend hours at the diner on Saturday night talking cars, get four hours of sleep, and then go to the drags on Sunday.

We had our choice of drive in movies for Saturday night dates (Jersey was the home of the drive-in).

Now, I get up to hit the bathroom about the same time I used to go to sleep!!

jerrym3
07-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Motorhead

Three things happen when you get old:

1) You get too lazy to check details

2) You still look at good lookin' women, but you can't remember why

3) I can't remember the third thing

steve fox
07-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Age has it's advantages. I could never justify a MM when the kids were little and business was growing. Now I look like any other old guy driving what at first glance looks like "your fathers mercury". No one from the police to the "kids" driving their hot rods suspects what the car can do.
It is my favorite cure for feeling old to smoke some guy from the light on the outside when the lanes merge. And best of all there is need to smoke or squwak the tires or even exceed the posted limit. Hats off to Jerry Barnes and Lidio.

steve fox
07-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Sorry I mean to say "no need to smoke.....

Leadfoot281
07-02-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm 37 and I've never felt old.

My grandparents, on both sides of the family, were all born in 1899. That made them just 13 when the Titanic sank. Neither one of my gramdpa's were even old enough to fight in WW1.

My house was built in 1862. It didn't get indoor plumbing until 1970.

There are Indians buried in the cornfeild next to my house. Finding the arrowheads they were buried with is still very easy to do.

Time is just a matter of perspective.

TAKEDOWN
07-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Remember guys, you're as old as you feel!