PDA

View Full Version : Goood Morning Marauder Forums!

Rider90
10-14-2003, 04:23 AM
Chug your coffee, engulf your bagel, and don't be late for work! (or school...)

What is your morning routine like? and what do you eat/drink to wake up?

Logan
10-14-2003, 05:04 AM
I'm already late. One of the twins didn't wanna wake up dang it. Sack of potato's... :)

I should be at the office already, but noooooooooooooo, I'm diligently performing my mm.net administrative duties...

How's that for dedication eh? ;)

engine23ccvfd
10-14-2003, 05:28 AM
I get up around 5:30 hit the door by 6AM and start brewing that fine office supplied coffee...After that I sit on my butt catching up on the news and such. Another cup of Jo and I am ready to start working

marauder307
10-14-2003, 06:18 AM
Water glass of o.j. to get me runnin', then out the door. Eat cold Pop-Tarts at work, followed by more o.j. Never did develop a taste for coffee, which is kinda strange considering that I'm a sailor AND a pilot...two occupations which thrive on the stuff.

I've seen Boatswain's Mate (my specialty with the CG) coffee that could also double as road tar. Reminds me of the old cartoon bit where the character stirs up something in a cup, and it dissolves the spoon....

engine23ccvfd
10-14-2003, 06:21 AM
I've seen Boatswain's Mate (my specialty with the CG) coffee that could also double as road tar

I work for a French company and they love the "tar" as coffee concept.....one of the reasons I get here so early I get to control the pot :)

MAD-3R
10-14-2003, 06:39 AM
I had a Chief Boats tell me he liked my Coffee. Sence I drink mine black, would this be "bad"?

MAD-3R
10-14-2003, 06:40 AM
Something I reliezed.

Marauder = Black Powerfull and Smooth
Guinness = Black Powerfull and Smooth
My Coffee = Black Powerfull and Smooth

Long Live #3
10-14-2003, 06:46 AM
I wake up, eat breakfast, and drive to school. Oh yea, and drink two Dews in the morning.

Petrograde
10-14-2003, 07:04 AM
I get up when I basically feel like it, (one of the few good things about being unemployed!) usually no later than 9am, drink several cups of coffee, smoke a few cigarettes, and check e-mail.

Tom

yorks
10-14-2003, 07:19 AM
I work steady nights, so in the morning I'm having a couple of beers with maybe steak and eggs. Catch up on Fox2 Detroit news and listen to Drew and Mike (Michigan Marauders know what I'm talking about).
Then sleep so I can get my daughter off the school bus. In other words, my day is bass ackwards!

engine23ccvfd
10-14-2003, 07:24 AM
Hey Yorks use to work the night shift and then a bunch of us would go to an 24 hour fast food pplace that served beer......Got some strange looks ordering eggs with two or three beers :)

Paul T. Casey
10-14-2003, 07:28 AM
Up at 4:30 a.m., hang around drinking a coffee, watch a little tube, scrounge something to eat. Then it's off to work by 5:45, my second favorite part of the day. The ride home is better, more people to pass!!

2003_MM_FYRE49
10-14-2003, 08:04 AM
Wake up at 05:25 AM every third day, turn on WGN morning news, eat breakfast, then its off to the bathroom to complete the three "S's". When that's finished I jump into the car and its off to the firehouse, get there by 06:30 get into my uniform and I am ready to start my tour at 07:00 and hope to to go home at 07:00 the next morning.

Tim :fire: 49

yorks
10-14-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by engine23ccvfd
Got some strange looks ordering eggs with two or three beers :)
Only 2 or 3?

Bigdogjim
10-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Work till about midnight?? Get home around 2:AM (if lucky) get up at 7:00, gotta walk the dog?? Cat nap the rest of the day. Drive school bus at 2:pm(help out old friends) then head to the fish warehouse and see what trouble I can cause!http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/0/maniac.gif

Drink about 1 gallon in the day time. 2 gallons of the stuff at night! Coffee that is!

Dr Caleb
10-14-2003, 09:45 AM
Get up at 6:00. Coffee's on a timer, so it's ready then too. Would smoke a few, but I quit about a month ago, just seems like forever.

Go out and uncover and start the MM. It's cold out (below zero in the mornings) and I don't have to brush it or scrape it :baaa:

Into traffic about 7:00, to work by 7:25.

Get to work, the other automated pot has my tea ready. Drink tea, Dew or Bawls for the rest of the day. Whoever invented the mini refrigerator is a genius!

PhastPhil
10-14-2003, 10:13 AM
Hmmm, this week, I get home from work around 8am, ahve something to eat. Go and play with my 3 dogs in the yard. ( 4 now, one is a foster), Anyone want to adopt a nice young Rottie male? Then do some chores around the house, check my e-mail then head to bed. Next week, up around 10 or 11 am, do the same as above, then off to work for my 3-11 pm shift. Come home, play with the dogs. Watch some tube, play online, go to bed. The following week, up at 3:50 am get to work by 7am, home by 4:30 pm. Play with the dogs, spend time with wifey, do chores, play online, go to bed. Then back to the mid-night shift. I may work a double shift or two in there somewhere. Did I mention the wifey !?

RCSignals
10-14-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Long Live #3
Oh yea, and drink two Dews in the morning.

Isn't that like 30 cups of coffee?

MM03MOK
10-14-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by RCSignals
Isn't that like 30 cups of coffee? No wonder we can't keep him still!!!!! ;)

TripleTransAm
10-14-2003, 10:28 AM
Wake up at 5:20 am along with the rest of the family. By 6:50 I've usually fired up the "car du jour" and rearranged the driveway/garage space allocations to get whatever car on the road in time for momma and junior to hop in.

Depending on the mood, I may drop off my wife at work before heading off to my parents' to drop off my son, which will then leave me with a 1/2 hour of travel back to work in which to scratch some pavem... ^H^H^H^H^H er, I mean relax with an easy drive. ;)

Get to work, get my MM.net fix, check my e-mail, proceed with my daily routine (fix things, scream at people, laugh with co-workers, laugh at co-workers, fix things, meetings, fix things... and, oh yeah, fix things).

Leave at 5:00-ish with wife to go pick up the little guy, spend a 1/2-hour or so yapping with my parents, head back home.

Total driving distance per day: 85 miles or so. Total driving time: about 3 hours or so. :( But it's all for a good cause...